NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Wing Island

Dilli Gee, if you care so much about graphics, go play the same old games with slightly better resolution and stop wasting your time posting here with the wrong attitude.

There needs to be a cynic on these boards, and I want to be that cynic.

Besides looking like a PSP game, the screen is also too cluttered and doesn't really evoke any aesthetic appeal, especially the fonts. And we're in 2006 people, even baby-aimed TV shows like Balamory are produced in widescreen; it's standard and makes one wonder why this game isn't.

They have to be really early screens. I know the Wii isn't as powerful as the 360 or the PS3, but it's still capable of a lot more than this.

You know that the game is shit when one of the launch games on the Cube had ALOT better gfx than this. (Talking about Rogue Leader, it was around the launch if i dont remember wrong?)

Wings Island was definitely not ready for prime time -- its presentation was clunky and unintuitive due to its dependence on D-pad for menu navigation instead of the more casual pointing method that other Wii games employed. Visually, it was a significant step up from Wii Airplane -- environments had much more detail in texturing and modeling, and there were many, many trees to fly over/into. The game had a lax focus on actual plane handling, so crashing the craft into the ground more caused a jostle than a mission ending explosion.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/732/732879p1.html

But it doesn't look as bad in motion, although a bit basic: http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/853/853783/vids_1.html

i personnally dont see the problem. the pictures mean nothing till we see them in motion might be a fast paced game.

this is the first time i have quoted myself but it is an i told you so moment. :laughing:

A cheap substitute for Pilotwings this game is... I'd like to see a real follow up for Pilotwings eventually.

I think the gameplay for this will be a lot of fun, however they really should imporve those graphics.

Nintendo should be putting in a quality control barrier, anything that looks sub-Gamecube should not have screenshots released for it until it has been polished up.

They can't hide it, not even with this "avatars". It looks like SoA for the Dreamcast.

Nintendo should be putting in a quality control barrier, anything that looks sub-Gamecube should not have screenshots released for it until it has been polished up.

They dont give a shit about how the games look though, if anything they're probably happy some developers aren't putting much effort into visuals.

They dont give a shit about how the games look though, if anything they're probably happy some developers aren't putting much effort into visuals.

Well I think it's a little embarrassing to be honest. Ok, so we can't expect 360graphics on the Wii, but does that mean we should tolerate N64 quality? I don't think so.

The Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube, that's a fact. So why are developers not making use of this extra power? Is this really a case of developers working so damn hard on the gameplay that they haven't time to work on graphics? Or is it a case of laziness?

Nintendos inability to distribute final dev kits early on is solely to blame for most the sub par efforts that have been unveiled by third parties as developers weren't aware of the systems FULL capabilities to build their games around those capabilities. How were they supposed to make ULTIMATE games that push the hardware if they didn't have concrete information about the limitations of the system to begin with?

This [Nintendo being unorganised] also relates to them being reactive with Twilight Princess and suddenly deciding to put it on Wii as well to sell additional units of the game and their new console. But as you see, the game is copping heavy criticism with respect to average graphics and flawed controls and the games success will ultimately suffer and consequently will underachieve and be a huge disappointment to fans of the series due to them not being proactive and making it a Wii game to begin with.

Again the trend for being unorganised has stayed true with Nintendo by not having online at launch, inexcusable for a system thats a gamecube with a motion sensor controller.

Nintendos inability to distribute final dev kits early on is solely to blame for most the sub par efforts that have been unveiled by third parties as developers weren't aware of the systems FULL capabilities to build their games around those capabilities. How were they supposed to make ULTIMATE games that push the hardware if they didn't have concrete information about the limitations of the system to begin with?

This [Nintendo being unorganised] also relates to them being reactive with Twilight Princess and suddenly deciding to put it on Wii as well to sell additional units of the game and their new console. But as you see, the game is copping heavy criticism with respect to average graphics and flawed controls and the games success will ultimately suffer and consequently will underachieve and be a huge disappointment to fans of the series due to them not being proactive and making it a Wii game to begin with.

Again the trend for being unorganised has stayed true with Nintendo by not having online at launch, inexcusable for a system thats a gamecube with a motion sensor controller.

Calm down dear it's only a forum.

I'm assuming your not buying a gamecube with a motion sensor controller then - jeez you have a lot of issues my friend. We all know it's a bit more than a souped up gamecube but if thats your opinion then don't buy one or waste your valuable time posting useless comments like that on forums you just know it's gonna get a reaction out of people! :indeed:

Wing Island announced for a European release for March 23rd 2007.

Although the lineup for the first quarter of 2007 had been announced several weeks ago, there was no exact releasedate for Mario Party 8. The Hudson Soft-developed game will be available on March 23rd, together with Wing Island, which was made by the same company.

Mario Party 8 is the first game of the series on Wii and features a multiplayer-mode for up to 4 players.

http://ds-x2.com/index.php?id=6418

I'll get Mario Party 8, Hudson Softs KILLER APP but unlikely i'll get this. Mediocrity at best. Would've preferred a Pilotwings game or whatever demo they showed at E3 with the plane, whether that translates into an actual final product or not...

I'll get Mario Party 8, Hudson Softs KILLER APP but unlikely i'll get this. Mediocrity at best. Would've preferred a Pilotwings game or whatever demo they showed at E3 with the plane, whether that translates into an actual final product or not...

That was called Wii Airplane or Wii Sports Airplane, which us speculated to have turned into Wii Motor Sports.

I want this game but the shit graphics are putting me off. I know it's all about gameplay but these visuals are truly awful.

COme on Nintendo...release Pilotwings Wii so we don't have to buy this for our relaxing flight games :(

As long as they make Pilotwings like the SNES version and not that awful N64 one.

Calm down dear it's only a forum.

I'm assuming your not buying a gamecube with a motion sensor controller then - jeez you have a lot of issues my friend. We all know it's a bit more than a souped up gamecube but if thats your opinion then don't buy one or waste your valuable time posting useless comments like that on forums you just know it's gonna get a reaction out of people! :indeed:

My dad works for IBM, so he knows about the Wii's power, and trust me mate, it's not 'abit more than a souped up GC'.

If it was, they wouldn't have released TP on it, because that would have been taking the piss out of the systems power.

Sign in to follow this