NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Wing Island

The Nintendo Wii is fast approaching and Hudson has claimed a stake in its launch titles with Wing Island ! Clamored for at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, Wing Island was nowhere to be found. Now, we bring you an exclusive preview of what is sure to be the one of the top flight simulators of the season, due in part to Nintendo's innovative Wii remote controller.

So, forget the analog stick! The Wii controller features an accelerometer (yes, that's a real word!) that senses motion, allowing users to control aircraft like real pilots. Forget the analog stick. The Wii controller acts as the yoke of a plane! Tilt it up and planes climbs in the air. Tilt it down and planes dive. Twist it left or right and planes performs barrel rolls.

wing_casta.jpg

In Wing Island , you're not always flying alone. Take command of an aircraft squadron and change formation with the press of a button. Flick your wrist and your squadron will perform special tasks specific to the formation they're in. With incredibly intuitive controls, anyone can pick this game up and have a blast. What's more, two players can go at it in a series of competitive tournaments!

The storyline revolves around conquering islands that each contains missions. Missions range from popping balloons to putting out fires to dropping cargo. Earn money by completing missions and upgrade your plane. Salivating? How about a mission where you must save an ocean liner in distress as a fire blankets its exterior hull? Too much excitement for you? How about a mission exploring the island in search of an elusive cow? As you progress in the game, the islands become increasingly difficult. With missions like these, however, there's always fun along the way!

Game Highlights:

Nintendo's Wii remote acts as the yoke of the plane! A motion sensor relays aircraft control, producing flight simulation like never before!

Multiplayer support! See who can pop the most balloons or have a sky racing derby!

Unlock more planes! Planes get faster, stronger, and even easier to control.

A variety of missions and environments await you and your team of sky workers. Do you have what it takes?

wingisland01.jpg

wingisland03.jpg

wingisland04.jpg

wingisland05.jpg

wingisland06.jpg

wingisland07.jpg

www.hudsonent.com

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not particularly overwhelmed with this game yet but you never know it might grow on me - I just don't think theres much of a wow factor with it - the control method does sound interesting though.

You know, this has a lot of potential, I'm keeping my eye out for this one.

Somehow I get feeling that Hudson just decided to make this game after they saw Wii Airplane.

I believe Hudson were actually the ones who made that demo at the last E3.

I believe Hudson were actually the ones who made that demo at the last E3.

With Nintendo Colin.

I'm sorry, those graphics are terrible. Zelda and Resi 4 quality should be standard.

Yeah, they look like DS graphics.

yep graphics are terrible. it really doesn't help Nintendo's cause in some respects when sony/microsoft fanboys can look at games like this and say how bad they are for a next gen console (even tho I know it doesnt matter to a large extent, as its all about the innovation).

....if theyre birds, what do they need teh planes for?

wing_casta.jpg

Notice how the birds don't have wings, they have arms with feathers, they wouldn't be able to wear gloves that fit a hand if they had proper wings, and the characters [half bird, half man???] have bodies that resemble the body of a homosaphien (human).

I don't think the reasoning of this will be covered in the games plot though...

Notice how the birds don't have wings, they have arms with feathers, they wouldn't be able to wear gloves that fit a hand if they had proper wings, and the characters [half bird, half man???] have bodies that resemble the body of a homosaphien (human).

I don't think the reasoning of this will be covered in the games plot though...

yeah but cartoony birds always look like that and they can fly. Im just gonna assume theyre chickens. Hopefully there'll be a minigame where you can fly around as a bird and peck people...not that Im gonna buy this. lol.

I wouldve expected better graphics from a simple game like this that doesnt include any others like wii sports. Id forgive them if the gameplay was good but I think it'll end up being like one big minigame. Youd be sick of it in a few hours.

yep graphics are terrible. it really doesn't help Nintendo's cause in some respects when sony/microsoft fanboys can look at games like this and say how bad they are for a next gen console (even tho I know it doesnt matter to a large extent, as its all about the innovation).

I've seen screenshots of xbox360 games and PS3 games where the comments have been "Is that supposed to be next-gen?". And graphics are the only thing going for those consoles. We've got a whole new experience. So I don't care what sony/microsoft fanbois think.

yeah but cartoony birds always look like that and they can fly. Im just gonna assume theyre chickens. Hopefully there'll be a minigame where you can fly around as a bird and peck people...not that Im gonna buy this. lol.

... Birds cannot fly with arms... I just don't get it... They must be a tribe consisting of hens and roosters that have mutated with humans. Seeing that they have human characteristics I wonder if the male birds [whatever they are] have a homosaphien style penis?

Hudson must be running out of ideas for games. This game looks ok so far, i'll monitor it, see how it fares. Can we rule out a Pilotwings game then? Probably only in the short term.

since when have we Defined a next-gen game purly through graphics?

so what if the gfx are bad

Guild Wars looks better than WoW but i believe WoW is the more popular.

The Wii is trying to remove these "gfx" Barriers.... no1 really complained at Wii Sports because it was the gameplay that shone through.... why cant you guys see this game has potential just because of the control scheme alone. the've decided to add characters... which is a leap from what we see in todays game world..

Gameplay > Graphics

Flight Sims are great, my favourite thing to do is to put the plane into cockpit view and just fly around doing crazy turns and JUST MISSING obstacles. I'd like to see cockpit views in the game.The last game I have played that resembled a good flight sim was Rogue Squadron 2 on Gamecube, also got Rogue Squadron 3 but didn't play it as much due to crappy foot missions.

i personnally dont see the problem. the pictures mean nothing till we see them in motion might be a fast paced game.

Comparing the both is scary.

Why you are even here if Wii does suck in your opinion? I mean, there is probably more constructive things to do than post Xbox 360 pictures in Revo Europe forums? Or are you simply begging attention?

Why you are even here if Wii does suck in your opinion? I mean, there is probably more constructive things to do than post Xbox 360 pictures in Revo Europe forums?

SO, SO TRUE.

Dilli Gee, if you care so much about graphics, go play the same old games with slightly better resolution and stop wasting your time posting here with the wrong attitude.

You know what? I just looked at those screnshots and decided it's a game I'm going to get; yes, they aren't amazing graphics, but they certainly evoke the feeling that it's going to be fun.

Honestly the Wii Airplane vids looked pretty good, much better than those pictures. Even so, if you care so much for graphics, get your attention somewhere else.

Personally, I forget graphics after five minutes of playing unless they're really ugly.

Support for a Squadron and the above mentioned missions sound quite promising actually.

I'll be looking out for this title as I'm a bit of a flightsim fan.

Although I must agree that the graphics don't look too good but I'm sure they'll improve them. Also note that many Japanese developers aren't familiar with shaders and they make up for a large part of the next-gen look.

Sign in to follow this