Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Because the extended trailer is for the 4th Movie. The Part 2 Preview clearly says "2/15".

I noticed I'm posting a lot in this thread because the discussion is on Naruto :heh: so here's all I know about what's been and what's coming up:

What's happening with NARUTO.

Part 1 went from episodes 0-135 and mirrored manga chapters 1-238.

In the manga, the next thing to be published in Jump was "Kakashi Gaiden", a side story set in the past with a bit of history on Kakashi. This hasn't been confirmed for the anime yet. There's no room for it to air before Part 2. It could be an OVA or within Part 2.

In the anime, the next thing to be shown was Fillers. These deviated from the manga storyline and are generally considered godawful in every regard. The only thing worth watching them for is a few fairly decent arcs: Orochimaru's Mansion (136-141), Bikochu arc (148-151), Anko arc (169-173). The first of these actually contains a small amount of canon material that was shown in manga chapter 238 but not anime episode 135.

The last filler will air Feb 1st, with episode 219. Episode 220 will seemingly be the absolute conclusion of Part 1 and a recap of what happened before the fillers began.

The title will change on Feb 15th to Naruto: Shippūden, literally meaning "Hurricane Chronicles", a name referring to

The revelation that Naruto's abilities are wind-element based.

This is Part 2 of the series, the return to manga material, which was published just after the short Kakashi Gaiden arc and is still ongoing.

As well as the main episodes, there have been 3 OVAs (Original Video Animations), 3 movies (of which only 2 have been fansubbed so far, expect the 3rd in April) and a Sports Festival special that aired with the first movie.

There now I shouldn't have to answer any questions and we can talk about other anime :D

San Francisco, CA, January 10, 2007 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has announced that it has licensed from Nippon Television Network Corporation (NTV) the Download to Own (DTO) and Download to Rent (DTR) rights for the United States for the smash hit DEATH NOTE anime series, currently airing in Japan.

The deal is significant because it marks the first time a well known Japanese anime property will be made legally available to domestic audiences for download to own while the title still airs on Japanese television. VIZ Media will seek to make the series available to consumers through a number of online providers in order to reach the widest audience possible.

Live-Evil has dropped...

Have you got confirmation Live-Evil dropped? I can't get on their site :( maybe Toriyama's world will keep it. If not I'm sure someone will step in, or we can all grab proper English dubbed "DTO" episodes I guess... maybe they'll even release them as dual audio (unlikely).

Eh if nobody fansubs it, the dub had best be good >.>

Guest Stefkov
Aw man I already read all the air gear manga that are translated. Meh, I guess I'll start watching the anime.

Where did you get the translated manga from? I've got 13 chapters of japanese Air Gear manga.

Seems like somewhere will still be nice to us:

A Eventfull day has occured this morning, by my time at least it's about the evening for alot of you. Death-notes.com has secured an agreement with the staff of the fansubbing group animanda that will ensure we continue to bring you subbed death note episodes as soon as they're out, They're IRC channel is located on Rizon #animanda.

If the subs went, that would be a pretty useless website.

^ yeah, that's the one which is actually for the 4th movie, even though it just previews similar stuff to the Part 2 preview. It's a little better and shows a few more characters, although its a lot faster (the sand siblings and shizune are in there this time). I posted it earlier but nvm :heh:

That's a a bit fucking gay then, isn't it. Death-notes.com better be subbing it still...
Death-notes.com weren't actually a fansubbing group were they? Or did you mean to say better be offering the downloads?

Anyway guys, you know what else this means, no more linking to sites that share Death Note, it's licensed now. I also expect you to delete all the licensed anime from your hard disk and go out and buy the DVDs. That includes the hentai booker.

I heard that one was shown on the 11th but I never saw it... aired with the episode I think, but that's dubbed yet and I haven't bothered to check the raw. I think I'd have heard by now if it had another preview with it though.

Btw, Bleach 110 is out after a minor delay and marks the return to manga material :yay:

Death-notes.com weren't actually a fansubbing group were they? Or did you mean to say better be offering the downloads?

Yeah... as long as I can still get it, it's good.

Anyway guys, you know what else this means, no more linking to sites that share Death Note, it's licensed now. I also expect you to delete all the licensed anime from your hard disk and go out and buy the DVDs. That includes the hentai booker.

Isn't it only liscenced for USA, or does viz include over here as well?

And fuck yes for bleach. Probably download it later on when I can use the main PC.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!