Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're recompiling the entire Evangelion TV series into four movies, apparently. It will tell a similar story, but with newly animated scenes and events abundant throughout. I assume they'll be re-animating a lot of it to look much more clean and fluid.

Man, i'm really looking forward to this. Evangelion with 2007 style animation is bliss. It would really be better if they take the manga in consideration. I find it way better.

Well, i guess a kind of "remake" of such an iconic anime was inevitable sooner or later.

I'm going to watch FLCL tomorrow or something. Strange anime.

No, I purposely bought it in Japanese. :heh:

Sorry the way you phrased it came across as 'Why did I buy a japanese copy?' lol. My bad. Im intrigued to know now why you buy the japanese version, if i understand correct you dont know japanese? Im thinking its to do with it being the original copy yeah?

Well I've moved onto Initial D 4th stage, and I'm really getting into it. Probably because it features my Fav car the Subura Impreza. But I never thought an anime about driving could be so full of suspense. Champloo vol 6 is due to arrive in the post tomorrow. So I'll be having a pretty anime filled weekend.

Sorry the way you phrased it came across as 'Why did I buy a japanese copy?' lol. My bad. Im intrigued to know now why you buy the japanese version, if i understand correct you dont know japanese? Im thinking its to do with it being the original copy yeah?

No, it's to help me learn Japanese.

Newtype has hit the stands with the Evangelion scoop.

Anime News Network had this to say:

"According to the October issue of Newtype (Japan) (On sale September 10), four new Evangelion movies are in the works. The four movies will include a prequel, a mid-series movie, a sequel and a "final" movie. The prequel movie is due out early summer 2007.

While the new story will be set during the same time frame as the original TV series, Newtype states that it will be an entirely new project, not be a remake or improvement of any sort. Newtype also mentions that viewers will not need to have already seen previous Evangelion material in order to understand and enjoy the new movies.

Hideaki Anno will write the scenario for the first movie and will be the general director and manager for the entire project. Kazuya Tsurumaki will direct the movies while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will provide character designs and Ikuto Yamashita will provide mechanical designs. Shinji Higuchi will provide storyboards for the first movie.

Khara, a new studio that shares office space with Gainax, was recently set up and is seeking production staff to work on Anno's new project."

^ Yes!! It's confirmed (kind-of). Damn, we'll have to wait one full year to see the 1st movie, the prequel. I find it strage though: they must be changing a lot of the original story. The angels would not fit in so little time.

The problem with learning Japanese from manga and anime is its full of colloquialisms and slang and doesn't teach you the same words or sentence structures you would learn in a class.

That's exacly the same as learning english. They teached me how to speak properly in school and then in the series and movies i watched on TV everything had slang. It was like learning the same language from 2 different perspectives.

I just wanted to toss this out there for anyone interested.

Recently I was browsing the anime section in Virgin Megastores only to discover that mostly all of their anime titles, old and new, have been marked at £12.99. Could anime finally be getting affordable? I sure hope so.

I'm headed into town soon, so I'll check again to affirm this.

I just wanted to toss this out there for anyone interested.

Recently I was browsing the anime section in Virgin Megastores only to discover that mostly all of their anime titles, old and new, have been marked at £12.99. Could anime finally be getting affordable? I sure hope so.

I'm headed into town soon, so I'll check again to affirm this.

That's a very good price, but the virgin near me only has volume 3 of Cowboy Bebop and a few Ghibli films.

Autumn anime in Japan.

• Mai ZHiME Zwei
  • Lupin III - Seven Days Rhapsody
  • BLACK BLOOD BROTHERS
  • Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl
  • G-9
  • Death Note :D
  • Lovely Idol
  • Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club season 2
  • D.Gray-man
  • Yoakemae Yori Ruriiro na Crescent Love
  • Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
  • Kiniro no Corda ~Primo Passo~
  • Kanon
  • Happiness
  • Hatarakiman
  • Bartender
  • Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori
  • Busou Renkin
  • Tokimeki Memorial Only Love
  • Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion
  • Pumpkin Scissors
  • Giniro no Olynssis
  • Bakumatsu Kikan Irohanihoheto
  • Ghost Hunt
  • Marginal Prince ~Gekkeiju no Oujitachi~
  • Galaxy Railways II
  • Tokyo Tribe 2
  • BALDR FORCE EXE RESOLUTION
  • Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Season
  • Mahou Shokudo Charapontan
  • Toukou no Strain
  • Galaxy Angel II
  • Yattokame Tanteidan
  • Sumomo mo momo~Chijou Saikyou no Yome
  • Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Devine Wars
  • RED GARDEN
  • Shounen Inyoushi
  • Souten no Ken
  • Bikkuri-man Hikariden
  • Master of Epic
  • Oban Star Racer
  • Strike Witches
  • Red Garden
  • Code Geass
  • SHUFFLE! Memories
  • Gin-iro no Olynsis

Bleach and Naruto only things you need

I'd have to disagree with that.

You can't disagree with that :D

But seroiusly i'm just saving up for the GITS : SAC 2nd GiG. Tho i'm guessing they will be a thinpack edition? I really can't spend that amount when i don't earn any money.

Speaking of Bleach (well, kinda) has anyone heard the English dub. It's better than most, better than Naruto's dub too - but as always still not a scratch on the Japanese :)

Why is it that American voice actors just can't sound as fitting and serious? Perhaps the Japanese are a lot more critical of Japanese voice actors though...

Edit: Actually on further inspection, the dub still ruins the anime. And what's with the cheesy translations? Shinigami = Soul Reaper? Gimme' a break. Artistic license revoked, bitches!