Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chakra = Riatsu/ Spirit Particles.

As for Chakra = Reitsu, I believe reitsu is more a measure of power while several techniques are individual to each character, and aren't just explained down to riatsu (but some are).

Everything in Naruto is down to Chakra. Whether it's why they stick to the wall while they run up it, or shown when they break down a character's moves with schematic diagrams for any thickos who watch it.

So you think it's bad that a single energy force (that's believed to exist by monks and whatever) that's gained through experience and work that provides suitable explanations for techniques that make perfect sense are worse than "Zomg I have lots of reiatsu, I have a technique that makes no sense whatsoever and I'm doing it God knows how."

Yep, seems about right.

So you think it's bad that a single energy force (that's believed to exist by monks and whatever) that's gained through experience and work that provides suitable explanations for techniques that make perfect sense are worse than "Zomg I have lots of reiatsu, I have a technique that makes no sense whatsoever and I'm doing it God knows how."

Yep, seems about right.

He's absolutely right, you know. :bowdown:

Guest Stefkov

So I go to sit down and watch the rest of Higurashi ...Kai.

I load up the Hauu 'sub'....

yeah, no subs. just raw. bastards.

Yep, seems about right.

It's a very cheap and overused concept that is really cliched. Chakra seems to be a magical putty that can be made to do or explain anything, leaving you to think how much more they can put down to chakra without actually having to think up a better explanation for how people are using techniques. I think a good example of 'technique explanation' is FMA when they explain the decomposition/recombination in alchemy, and that was only a 51 episode series. Naruto seems to have made one simple concept and is stretching it over a neverending anime.

You can make anything sound ridiculous if you say "Zomg I have lots of reiatsu, I have a technique that makes no sense whatsoever and I'm doing it God knows how". It's all about twisting words so they sound stupid, to prove a point. At the end of the day, most Bleach characters have different abilities based on their weapon, One Piece for example grants abilities through skill or devil fruits, while bar the odd bloodlime limit, chakra explains nearly everything in Naruto. Not the end of the world, no, but I still think it screams lazy explanations, and how they break down techniques with diagrams to forcefeed the terminally thick in Naruto somewhat does my head in.

So when they stop saying "Oh thanks goodness! The chakra I concentrated to my body protected me! The ninetails transferred his chakra into me! You must practice your chakra to walk up walls! - There may be an extra level of depth injected into this tired old anime series.

Interesting how you left out the whole explanation about how Rasengan works for example, which is pretty awesome and so is the walking up walls and water. The point is that they explain most things, each character has its specialization, you have the bloodline limits, the jinchuruukis, you just purposely miss out on saying that and say "The Wizard did it!". Everyone has specific jutsus, just like in Bleach and One Piece, but here, they're for the most part, explained. Bleach is random and One Piece is... eating fruit. Same as Naruto, but less detailed. Which I'm OK with, because I don't need to grasp at straws to dislike something, I enjoy them all for what they are.

Interesting how you left out the whole explanation about how Rasengan works for example, which is pretty awesome and so is the walking up walls and water. The point is that they explain most things, each character has its specialization, you have the bloodline limits, the jinchuruukis, you just purposely miss out on saying that and say "The Wizard did it!". Everyone has specific jutsus, just like in Bleach and One Piece, but here, they're for the most part, explained. Bleach is random and One Piece is... eating fruit. Same as Naruto, but less detailed. Which I'm OK with, because I don't need to grasp at straws to dislike something, I enjoy them all for what they are.

But still... Naruto will always be better than Bleach. : peace:

The only thing I don't like about Bleach is how strong everyone is. Ichigo always goes under some sort of 'transformation' to get power all the time. And if someone is stronger than him and he's losing he'll gain more power or just have one of those underground training sections with folk, come out all strong again, win some fights then lose with an all new inredibly strong enemy.

Then repeat.

Guest Stefkov
They're softsubs, try playing them in zoomplayer and/or get the combined community codec pack.

Got the codec pack. I'd rather not get another video player. Realplayer, VLC and WMP to just play videos. I'll just wait for WiND's subs.

The only thing I don't like about Bleach is how strong everyone is. Ichigo always goes under some sort of 'transformation' to get power all the time. And if someone is stronger than him and he's losing he'll gain more power or just have one of those underground training sections with folk, come out all strong again, win some fights then lose with an all new inredibly strong enemy.

Then repeat.

There we go, he put it quite good.

Then repeat.

I know this, and yet I still love it.

its shonen, that's what you watch it for, the ridiculously obvious moment when the lead character gets an insanely good power boost because they 'believe in something' or 'will never go back on their word' or 'will always protect their friends!!'

I'm not watching Naruto and Bleach for a fucking masterpiece of hidden messages and subplots. I don't give a shit if there's a subtle discussion about consumerism or life and death or religion. I just want to see the cool dude blast the shit out of the bad dude. Isn't that the point?

its shonen, that's what you watch it for, the ridiculously obvious moment when the lead character gets an insanely good power boost because they 'believe in something' or 'will never go back on their word' or 'will always protect their friends!!'

I'm not watching Naruto and Bleach for a fucking masterpiece of hidden messages and subplots. I don't give a shit if there's a subtle discussion about consumerism or life and death or religion. I just want to see the cool dude blast the shit out of the bad dude. Isn't that the point?

What he said. Now everybody go and watch Hokuto no Ken, Busou Renkin or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Preferably all of them at the same time.

Then repeat.

But don't you think Naruto suffers from too much 'good luck', if not more? Naruto's nintetail fox conveniently kicks in just when Naruto is about to be absolutely shafted. Then you have the fact that before Shippuden, Naruto won in so many situations with my distant memory recalling only his loss against Kabuto, where he had to be rescued after he was knocked out or something (I think it was by Tsunade).

Naruto always seemed to defeat people that he blatantly wasn't supposed to; I guess that's what happens when you lock a demon inside of the main character. With Ichigo, while he defeated people he generally seemed to have trained beforehand (Bankai, with the Vizards etc). Yes he goes underground to train and whatnot, but I'd much rather training took place rather quickly instead of starting a 'filler year' to train.

Pre filler year, definitely Naruto > Bleach. But definitely no more. I don't know any of my friends who still watch it, it really went downhill.

But don't you think Naruto suffers from too much 'good luck', if not more? Naruto's nintetail fox conveniently kicks in just when Naruto is about to be absolutely shafted. Then you have the fact that before Shippuden, Naruto won in so many situations with my distant memory recalling only his loss against Kabuto, where he had to be rescued after he was knocked out or something (I think it was by Tsunade).

Naruto always seemed to defeat people that he blatantly wasn't supposed to; I guess that's what happens when you lock a demon inside of the main character. With Ichigo, while he defeated people he generally seemed to have trained beforehand (Bankai, with the Vizards etc). Yes he goes underground to train and whatnot, but I'd much rather training took place rather quickly instead of starting a 'filler year' to train.

Pre filler year, definitely Naruto > Bleach. But definitely no more. I don't know any of my friends who still watch it, it really went downhill.

The bit about the 9 tailed fox, yea I agree, but that'll be changing soon, as you'll see in the near future because something cool happens (I think it is, and this won't spoil anything because even though your thinking about this, your wrong, it's something you won't guess)

As for the Bleach thing, I still love it and all and enjoy watching the training and fights, but that generally is what happens to get stronger. All of a sudden something get's thrown in and he becomes more powerfull( though the hollow thing was in early).

You know... at least Naruto has the strenght of the fox to cover for it. Ichigo is just lucky. He can defeat people who've been training as hard as they can for many many years in a split second, because he was born lucky. Plus, he's an awfull character.

But that's besides the point... both Naruto and Bleach have meh storylines, that's not the issue here. Even if Naruto was worse than Bleach, Bleach would still suck, got it?

You may think it sucks, I do not. So please, don't patronise with 'got it?'.

And the reason Ichigo is pretty much the center of the story, like many main characters in anime/games, is because he's stronger than everyone else. It would be rare to see a character like Inoue as the main character. His power is somewhat explained in the anime after Rukia transfers her powers to Ichigo, as she finds he has innate Shinigami powers of his own that are very powerful.

As for "Naruto explains it" - I wouldn't really call Chakra an explanation. It's basically just saying "possessed by a demon fox soul". Why is the demon fox so strong? Not explained really. All explanations are vague, I just happen to like the idea that a person can be 'special' and capable of achieving great levels of power by themself. That, and the story seems to progress much faster than Naruto's.

You may think it sucks, I do not. So please, don't patronise with 'got it?'.

And the reason Ichigo is pretty much the center of the story, like many main characters in anime/games, is because he's stronger than everyone else. This is somewhat explained in the anime after Rukia transfers her powers to Ichigo, as she finds he has innate Shinigami powers of his own that are very powerful.

As for "Naruto explains it" - I wouldn't really call Chakra an explanation. It's basically just saying "possessed by a demon fox soul". Why is the demon fox so strong? Not explained really. All explanations are vague, I just happen to like the idea that a person can be 'special' and capable of achieving great levels of power by themself. That, and the story seems to progress much faster than Naruto's.

Arrg.... it's always because they're "special". That's what's annoying. And Ichigo is a character that's equal too 100 others. So is Naruto. They're both uninspired. Not the point.

Listen to the garbage you're spewing... Chakra is within all people, it's all a matter of how they train themselves in the mastery of their chakra that allows them to be good fighters. That's totally rational, it's all a matter of hard work! You don't like me being condescending, and yet you criticise a perfectly rational explanation and hail a completely random one. Geez. They all have chakra, that's how jutsus are performed. All the rest is a slight difference in chakra manipulation. Why does that not make sense? Because you're an idiot, that's my conclusion. Anyone who doesn't understand the logic in that is clearly and idiot.

And plus, like Rock Lee and Might Guy show us, Chakra isn't really necessary to be a good fighter.

What you're saying is that it's nonsense that there's a universal vessel for developing techniques, and that what's cool is that there are people who just do things, just like that, for no apparent reason. Jesus christ would have been a great Shonen Character. Do you realise how dumb "I just happen to like the idea that a person can be 'special' and capable of achieving great levels of power by themself" sounds? That like saying you like shit!

Hello, I am strong for no reason, I was just born this way. Yup... that's about it. No, I'm not making it sound silly, that's how it is.

*sigh* some people aren't capable of having a proper discussion without telling people they're spewing 'garbage' or being patronising. Those people on this forum should grow up. Then again, people like you really are commonplace so it's not like I don't know how to deal with you.

Arrg.... it's always because they're "special". That's what's annoying. And Ichigo is a character that's equal too 100 others. So is Naruto. They're both uninspired. Not the point.

Listen to the garbage you're spewing... Chakra is within all people, it's all a matter of how they train themselves in the mastery of their chakra that allows them to be good fighters. That's totally rational, it's all a matter of hard work! You don't like me being condescending, and yet you criticise a perfectly rational explanation and hail a completely random one. Geez. They all have chakra, that's how jutsus are performed. All the rest is a slight difference in chakra manipulation. Why does that not make sense? Because you're an idiot, that's my conclusion. Anyone who doesn't understand the logic in that is clearly and idiot.

And plus, like Rock Lee and Might Guy show us, Chakra isn't really necessary to be a good fighter.

Ok, you are correct- Naruto possesses a completely logical system. A magical energy substance flows throughout people (anime cliche #99), while obviously Bleach doesn't have a magical flowing inner substance so is completely unrealistic, so we should completely reject the story altogether.

And again you're spot on. Naruto doesn't have anything feeding him power, it's all his hard work. Ichigo never trains either, it's all handed to him! :D

Jesus christ would have been a great Shonen Character. Do you realise how dumb "I just happen to like the idea that a person can be 'special' and capable of achieving great levels of power by themself" sounds? That like saying you like shit!

I like shit because I like the idea of powerful characters, with one character who in particular develops skills distinguishing himself from everyone else? Why are you so aggressive, moreover why so wrong? There's nothing idiotic about my preference.

Oh yeh, reported your post. People like you tend to go around shouting "idiot" at people, and will never learn unless someone capable actually intervenes. You probably won't be banned but *crosses fingers*.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!