Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

That would be the point, Zabuza already treated Haku like an object, it would make all sense to call him "it".

Or her. I firmly believe she is a girl.

It doesn't matter though, cause there is no official answer to the question, so this is just ramming our heads against a brick wall to claim reason for something noone can prove. It's pointless arguing. It's like debating the end of Pan's Labyrinth...

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter though, cause there is no official answer to the question, so this is just ramming our heads against a brick wall to claim reason for something noone can prove. It's pointless arguing. It's like debating the end of Pan's Labyrinth...

That's what the internet is all about.

Actually the only reason Haku will have been referred to as 'it' is the choice of the translators... a personal pronoun would never have been used in Japanese. Haku was definitely a boy, it was more obvious when he was younger. It's ridiculously hard to grasp, and at times I have actually forgotten he is a 'he'. The name 'Haku' is unisex and the looks very feminine, so it's easy to think he was a girl. But honestly, there's absolutely no reason for the writer to have Haku pretend - and then never reveal the truth at the end.

Perhaps the only reason was to throw in the comic value of Naruto fancying 'her'.

Haku IS a guy. I'm sorry if I shattered your all well defined sexual preferences but he is a guy. It's stated somewhere in the anime but I don't remember where. Naruto thought he was a girl though, which was kinda part of the plot.

If Haku is male, I am gay.

I'm sorry you found it the hard way.

Naruto likes his katakana I see.
There's a lot of katakana in Naruto, even in the logo... http://www.narutoplace.com/images/2005/11/wallpapers/naruto-logo.jpg I've often wondered why.
The fact he/she says that means nothing.

He/she also looks more like a girl than a boy when he/she's young.

Oh no of course, baseless fan speculation means much more than something the inventor of the character actually wrote into the story itself :heh: But maybe he was trying to trick us? Which might be true if there was any kind of motive for doing that or if Haku didn't die a few chapters later never to resurface ever again with the truth never being revealed or indeed any reason for lying the first place! *BREATHES*

Oh no of course, baseless fan speculation means much more than something the inventor of the character actually wrote into the story itself :heh: But maybe he was trying to trick us? Which might be true if there was any kind of motive for doing that or if Haku didn't die a few chapters later never to resurface ever again with the truth never being revealed or indeed any reason for lying the first place! *BREATHES*

It's just speculation yes, but the fact that she always looks like a girls and acts like a girl makes people think she's a girl. If she renounced her sexuality like I said, she would obviously say "I'm a boy". The writer probably wrote it that way just to have some fun and mess with us.

Not that it matters, but it's fun discussing it

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!