Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Oh and for those saying there isn't much ninja like stuff, both chakra and hand seals are based one "real" ninja things. Obviously it didn't had the same effects.

And Shorty, you're spoiling him.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the reasons I haven't watched it so far are that I tend to dislike pretty much all shounen, and I'm not sure I want to watch a seemingly endless series. I just realised that I knew next to nothing about it even though it was so popular, so I was wondering what it was all about.

Well, the reasons I haven't watched it so far are that I tend to dislike pretty much all shounen, and I'm not sure I want to watch a seemingly endless series. I just realised that I knew next to nothing about it even though it was so popular, so I was wondering what it was all about.

Hikaru no Go is shonen. I'll stop now. Sorry.

Hikaru no Go is shonen. I'll stop now. Sorry.

Haha, I know. If you had read though my previous posts, you would have seen me say:

The plotline is as follows: a young boy finds a go board haunted with the spirit of a go master, and becomes haunted himself. It's pretty good, though I'm not usually too keen on shounen.

and:

It is nevertheless the second best shounen series I have come across- Hikaru no Go beats it, but that's because I'm obsessed with go.

So yeah, these are (I think) the only two shounen series I like, unless Video Girl Ai or Mai-HiME count. :heh:

I'll stop now as well... :wink:

Pfft, you're blinded by irrational Naruto bias. It's my favourite anime too, but the episodes just aren't very exciting lately.

It's nothing like that, it's just that I like this kind of development, instead of things happening fast. It makes things more exciting when they happen. I sincirely prefer it like this. If I had a Naruto bias, why did I just skip most of the fillers? Or why don't I read the manga ahead of the anime?

About having to do with ninja stuff, it certainly has to do with ninja folclore, techniques, myths legends and old kurosawa movies, but Ninjas are supposed to be stealthy and that, they are not :P

What does the -ttebayo thing naurto is always saying mean?

Hey, satisfy my curiosity... I'm tired of reading rants from Hunter X Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho fans who cry "ripoff", when concerning Naruto. Does it really steal that much material from those two series????

EDIT: Ah-ah!!!! I didn't know Maito Gai's name was supposed to be read Might Guy. :D That's just awesome :D

Hmm... I always assumed the orange was some kind of reference to the orange robes that buddhist monks often seem to wear.
Naruto's original orange and blue outfit was actually just because the mangaka loved DBZ as a kid, it's the colours Goku wore I believe.

Guest Stefkov

I know some people will say theres no point, and after all the questions I've asked, I wanna watch the Naruto fillers but thats not the point.

I was getting the final few and when getting them I didn't come across a 205.

There was a 202, then 202-203-204 then 206. I was wondering if the 3 205 was meant to be in it instead of 202?

*clears throat* I can explain.

Naruto episode 202 is a recap/clip show. That's right, even amongst fillers, it is another layer of filler.

Shortly after it came out, people claimed that it wasn't an official episode, and was more like episode 201.5, and shouldn't be considered part of the main run of episodes. This became generally accepted despite being a baseless claim. DB decide to go along with it and release the next triple episode as 202-203-204.

Shortly afterwards, TV Tokyo declared that 202 was an official episode. But it was too late for DB to really do anything about it, so they left it. Meaning technically episode 202-203-204 is 203-204-205.

And regarding your decision to watch the fillers. Don't blame us if you lose half your intelligence in the process.

By all means watch the fillers and judge for yourself.Wouldn't hurt to see a fresh rant about them :heh:

You should probably watch the last few fillers though cause that has some manga in it and it officially ends Naruto and what happens in the end of part 1.You should atleast watch that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekvrs0AL4Rs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Enoein%2Eco%2Euk%2Ftrailer%2Ehtml

Ugh, really shitty english trailer, although some of the VA's they chose don't seem that bad.

Please watch noein, it deserves it. :(

Actually doesn't look to bad.

Is it a short series or a movie?

That advert showed a small DVD case so I was curious.

24 episodes. It's really good, im on episode 14 now and I think it's going to have one of those "epic" endings like eureka seven.

The story is really quite original, it encompasses time travel and infinite dimensions. The WP explains it much better than I ever could.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noein

Episode 12 is great, has really awesome animation.

YESS found the vastly superior japanese trailer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3708041409772025258

alright alright, I'll delete the fillers and start watching shipudden.

You need to watch some fillers up to 147 to get all the canon stuff from the manga (namely, what Sakura's going to do next)

Also if you like the character of Hinata, I'd watch from 148 (147/8 are a double episode) up to 151 because personally I think that's the best filler arc :)

Also you have to watch the last arc, or at least the last episode of the last arc - 220 - to see how part 1 ends.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!