NEurope

Doesn't sound like Light at all,to Americany and slow,sounds like he has a cold aswell.

Doesn't sound like Light at all,to Americany and slow,sounds like he has a cold aswell.

Yep, sounds like an annoying emo brat. I can't imagine that voice plotting against L.

I don't mind Light's American dub voice. - edit: Actually I heard it all now and I would prefer it if it was deeper and drier.

OMG! Welll!?! How is it?

EDIT: Eur RECKA

wtf man..

and they have done a great job on the songs !

The pronounciation of "Eureka" is spot on in the dub, I was worried that they would say you-reek-a, like the exclamation - but that's not how it's meant to be :)

make it stop, MAKE IT STOP!!, oh god why are you letting me suffer though this!

i'll stick with the subs for the time being

Although it is not the worst dubbing i have ever heard Light sounds odd and does not sound menacing enough, as if he could justify the killing of people to get what he wants. Also he sounds a bit like a whiny american teenager.

My ears!

I feel used. I've always hated dubbed, got extremely angry after I had gotten a dubbed FMA. Winry sounded alright but I was listening to it thinking this doesn't sound Japanese.

I didn't watch the rest of it.

Winry sounded alright but I was listening to it thinking this doesn't sound Japanese.

:o the English dub didn't sound Japanese? I am shocked!

:o the English dub didn't sound Japanese? I am shocked!

No it was really quiet and hard to hear, i turned it up after thinking that and got angry. That did sound dumb though.

My ears!

I feel used. I've always hated dubbed, got extremely angry after I had gotten a dubbed FMA. Winry sounded alright but I was listening to it thinking this doesn't sound Japanese.

I didn't watch the rest of it.

I hate The FMA dubs, they are painful to listen to.

I hate The FMA dubs, they are painful to listen to.

I love them,I thought they done a really good job.

Damn you FMA dub haters.

Now i'm gonna beat you even more at MK :mad:

To be honest I don't really like any dubs. I think most animation voices can ruin a show, and not being able to understand the Japanese probably helps me to prefer them. If I was completely fluent in Japanese, I probably wouldn't like their dubs that much either. Sometimes the Seiyuu is just better, but other times you don't realise that the Japanese voices aren't that great either. You're so into the subtitles that you don't appreciate the voice the way you would if you perfectly understood the words.

Well I didn't explain myself that well, just that I think the Japanese voices are overrated, and probably criticised a lot more by Japanese people than we ever would.

I do still love fansubs a lot more than American dubs though ^^; especially with Naruto, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Death Note (the little I've heard), FMA, Full Metal Panic! and movies like Spirited Away.

On the other hand, some I don't mind the dubs of at all, such as Evangelion and Trigun.

I love of some the seiyuus, even when I can understand what they're saying. Aya Hirano and Mai Nakahara spring to mind.

I love them,I thought they done a really good job.

Damn you FMA dub haters.

Now i'm gonna beat you even more at MK :mad:

LOL don't hate me:D

Ok maybe 'hate' is a too stronger word but FMA was the first anime dvd i bought. I listened to it in english and thought fine but as soon as i switched to japanese and then i went back to the english it was no-where near as good. Compared to the japanese i think their bad, but again not the worst dubs ever. This is the point in time where i became a fan of the subs!!!

Well, I finished the second (and final) series of Honey and Clover, and the name finally makes sense.

I recommend it to anyone who likes very realistic anime.

Well, I finished the second (and final) series of Honey and Clover, and the name finally makes sense.

I recommend it to anyone who likes very realistic anime.

Any recommendations on a short anime series i could watch?

Is Honey and Clover short because i might watch that.

Any recommendations on a short anime series i could watch?

Is Honey and Clover short because i might watch that.

The first series is 24 episodes and 2 specials, and the second series is 12 episodes. It's a bit of an accquired taste, however, and bears more resemblances to TV drama than to most anime shows.

Have you seen Welcome to the NHK? You might enjoy that more. (it's 24 episodes)

The first series is 24 episodes and 2 specials, and the second series is 12 episodes. It's a bit of an accquired taste, however, and bears more resemblances to TV drama than to most anime shows.

Have you seen Welcome to the NHK? You might enjoy that more. (it's 24 episodes)

No, what is it about?

No, what is it about?

It's about a guy who is a "hikkikomori", which means somebody who is scared to leave the house or see people, and he meets a girl who tries to readjust him to the normal world.

It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's great. There are several fans of it on this forum.

I found an anime called Black Cat, Oyasumi has subbed them I think, they did Welcome to the NHK. Just wondering if anyone has seen it.

I found an anime called Black Cat, Oyasumi has subbed them I think, they did Welcome to the NHK. Just wondering if anyone has seen it.

Yes, i've seen it, it's okay, nothing really memorable, nothing that really sucks. The main character is pretty cool, otherwise it's unremarkable. Especially if you've ever seen any scifi anime.

Heh, I think i'm all out of really good animes to recommend that everyone hasn't seen already.

Oyasumi also did Pani Poni Dash, that IS worth watching.

Never seen black cat but I've read it and its pretty cool.