Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Naruto... what can I say, brilliant animation and production, but the pacing, action and story are all... *sigh*, well, what to say? It has potential, but they ruin it. I don't get it.

Don't see where, they waste a couple of minutes in the beggining, but mostly the episode is awesome.

And you don't like the action? There is no hope for you.

Because I watched bleach first and then I watched naruto much later and thought it was crap, I want to see what an untainted mind thinks in the other order.

That's a good idea really, because I did it the other way around and thought Bleach was crap. Be our guinea pig, fex.

I watched Naruto first as it came out first and I love Bleach too.

Yeah, it's just tits and violence, but with a message. I wouldn't really call it mature either, it's missing a deep story.

What´s annoying to me about Elfen Lied is everyone i know watched just because of tits and violence.

One guy i know said he skipped trough everything except the parts where people where being torn apart :shakehead

Ok, so i am a anime/manga newbie and the first one i've started to get into is of course 'Naruto'.

I'm absolutely loving it! I reckon it's the characters what are helping me being kept glued to the TV screen or the idea of Ninjas etc..which is very cool.

Anyway, has anyone got any ideas on other Animes i may like?

I've read up on one called 'Noein', which sounds pretty cool....but overall i'm not sure.

EDIT: Of course, i've heard of Bleach and that also sounds rather cool.

Guest Stefkov
Ok, so i am a anime/manga newbie and the first one i've started to get into is of course 'Naruto'.

I'm absolutely loving it! I reckon it's the characters what are helping me being kept glued to the TV screen or the idea of Ninjas etc..which is very cool.

Anyway, has anyone got any ideas on other Animes i may like?

I've read up on one called 'Noein', which sounds pretty cool....but overall i'm not sure.

EDIT: Of course, i've heard of Bleach and that also sounds rather cool.

Defintely check out Noein. I loved every minute of it. I think it more a slower paced anime, the animation in the fight scenes are nice but it didn't happen as much as I wanted. It was that good I wanted more of it.

I stopped Hayate probably after realising it was 60+ episodes. Still donwloaded them though....:blank:

Don't see where, they waste a couple of minutes in the beggining, but mostly the episode is awesome.

And you don't like the action? There is no hope for you.

Well, pretty much all that happens is Naruto fighting Orochimaur. That's 20 minutes... wich isn't bad, coz when the action is good, it's really good. But this was like DBZ, turn based attacks. It's not organic action, the Kyuubi is supposed to be impulsive and deadly, apparently he's very patient and polite enough to allow his opponent to attack after him, and Orochimaru does the same, of course... how corteous. I think it lacks organic action. Like Naruto Vs. Sasuke (up until the part where Sasuke transforms, after that it's also "LET'S CHARGE OUR MEGA BOOMS AND CLASH THEM! WAIT I'M ALMOST DONE.... THERE WE GO!)

Well, I can't really complain about story in an action episode... but the action (and consequently the pace) were pretty sub-standard, considering what the very same show has brought us in the past. Why is the fight between Kyuubi naruto and Orochimaru much less interesting than Gaara Vs Lee, Naruto Vs Gaara? I mean, when it's Shino or Shikamaru, it's obvious the action is going to be slow, coz it's a battle of wits, but this is Naruto... and Orochimaru, this is brute strenght Vs sheer brute strenght. My fear is that Naruto is turning into DBZ. The action is gettin sloppy.

At least, that's what I think...

ALSO:

Elfen Lied isn't just tits and guts, it's got a story, and a nice one, about humanity... but it's in no way mature.

At least, that's what I think...

That sums it up.

Foxes are cunning and sly they don't act rashly, with Kyuubi gradualy taking control, Naruto's instincts are going away and he fights like the Kyuubi. If you see the Kyuubi fighting against Konoha it was the same, he stood still while attacking people with techniques/tails/claws/wtvr, he wasn't jumping arround. I also disagree that it's not fluid. Every attack that Orochimaru makes is counterattacked instantly by Naruto and vice versa, they're not waiting for each other. I understand what you mean, but I think this is pretty much the best way for a battle of this type to go. I mean you yourself said it: brute strength vs brute strength it's obvious the action is supposed to be slower, it's a show of strength and Orochimaru is observing Naruto like the dirty homo pedo he is.

Also, when all the episode shows is the main battle, people complain because it's 20 minutes of the same battle, when they show various battles (like in the previous arc) people complain because they just wanna see one battle. I think Naruto reached a stage where it can't satisfy most people, because they just have weird expectations and want to criticize it.

Sasuke vs Naruto? People like to say the last part is like DBZ just because they see a big explosion, but both Naruto and Sasuke were charging their techniques (and it didn't take long) and they were the representation of each character's strength and evolution as ninja, that's pretty obvious considering when Sasuke saw Rasengan's strength on the hospital rooftop. Chidori vs Rasengan was the climax of the battle, it was hardly the whole battle after the transformation.

Heh, so everyone else just sort of stopped watching Hayate as well?

Yes watch noein it's awesome but for some reason I still haven't spurred myself to watch the last 7 episodes. I promise to do it soon but right now i'm watching Clannad and Musishi.

Hmm, seems i only got 10 eps into beck, i'm about 5 eps from the end of guerren lagann. Geez, I really need to learn to stay the course.

Guest Stefkov

I'm quite annoyed that I only like to stick to one anime before moving onto the next. WiND have been slow in getting episode 15 out of Higurashi Kai. I got their first 'season' and up to 14 of Kai.

Because of that I've stopped watching altogether.

Anyone watched/watching Higurashi ..Nekogoroshi-hen? The WiND website sauys it's a special, it's just one episode?

Anyone watched/watching Higurashi ..Nekogoroshi-hen? The WiND website sauys it's a special, it's just one episode?

Yeah, it's just a random sidestory that got sent out in light novel form to people who collected cupons from all the manga... they decided to make it into a one episode special.

Also, Hauu~ subs aren't too bad, I'd just go with them if I were you. (maybe see the WinD subs if you watch it again)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!