NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Lol are the deals the same as what Ashley said?

:heh: I dont know, I've checked the last page and i havnt seen his post.

1) £255 = Wii + Wii Sports + Wii Play + any game

Full Price = £259.97......Saving of...= £4.97

2) £259.97 = Wii + Wii Sports + any 2 games

Full Price = £259.97......Saving of...= £4.97

3) £289.99 = Wii + Wii Sports + Rayman Raving Rabbids + Super Monkey Ball + Monster 4x4 World Circuit

Full Price = £299.96......Saving of...= £9.97

4) £355 = Wii + Wii sports + Wii Play + Zelda + Red Steel + Monster 4x4 World Circuit + Super Monkey Ball.

Full Price = £379.94......Saving of...= £24.94

I am officially tempted by the last one.

(BTW this is if Wii Play is £39.99, just doing it to that, if its £35.99 then I'll update it...not, its only -4 you can do it.)

If i were to go for number 4, and keep Monster ..in its wrapper, sealed, i could get a refund couldnt I?

Lucky for me that i preordered mine at Gamestation in the Arndale and they ARE doing a midnight opening.

Haha, I was just waiting for you to chirp in with your bragging! grrr!! :heh: Shoulda gone to gamestation too really but with it being so small I didn't think they'd have one...

Yeah I thought there would be a midnight launch too, luckily I have this Friday off work so I'm just gonna go and pick it up first thing in the morning.

You from Manc too? When I preordered the guy said it was pretty likely that they'd have one. Even last week he said they'd probably do one. Then some bloke rang up today and crushed the midnight launch excitement :( I'll be there at 9am as soon as they open anyway, balls to the first ten minutes of my lecture.

You have an extra controller. Put it in her hands and she'll play too.

Haha maybe but I still won't get a decent session in. She'd much rather watch the OC boxsets or something like that. I'd also (probably) have to do lots of pretend losing as she gets extremely grumpy if she's losing at games. Many a monopoly and scrabble board have been upturned because she's been losing...

And anyway, what I really wanna be digging into is Twilight Princess and there's no chance she'll sit and watch me play that for more than two minutes without being in an uber grump!

Haha, I'm making her sound like a psycho but she's great really. I'll just have to be extra patient and wait till Monday I guess!

You from Manc too? When I preordered the guy said it was pretty likely that they'd have one. Even last week he said they'd probably do one. Then some bloke rang up today and crushed the midnight launch excitement :( I'll be there at 9am as soon as they open anyway, balls to the first ten minutes of my lecture.

Yeah mate, I actually live closer to Stockport, but I know that the Market Street hmv are pretty reliable for console launches, hopefully there won't be much of a queue outside anyway.

I can't believe that I've got a day off work for this though and I'm gonna have to be up at 7 in the morning.

This wait is killing me I swear time has stopped. Yesturday had to be the longest day ever and today since i've been home from work has dragged loads. I can't even be bothered to play Xbox for some reason I just want my WII!!!!!

I believe it is time to panic :cry: i have had a wii pre-ordered at play.com since september. I rang up today as i got worried as i have not recieved an email from them confirming my wii to be dispatched for launch. the 'helpful' man said to em to cancel my preorder as they had all been taken up... anyway i hung up on him as i didnt like the words which were coming from his mouth lol.. i rang up again and a different person said that I SHOULD recieve an email before friday although she did not sound confident... i need advice guys what should i do???!?!?! Ive been looking forward to friday the 8th since it was announced as launch day and i just NEED to play it:(

Its looking like your only option is going to be hunt around on Friday morning.

On another note has anyones games been despatched from play yet?

And does anyone know what games return policy is at the moment i'm thinking if Zelda doesn't come from Play to buy it at full price from Game then when the order comes from Play to return that one to Game as it will all be sealed.

I believe it is time to panic :cry: i have had a wii pre-ordered at play.com since september. I rang up today as i got worried as i have not recieved an email from them confirming my wii to be dispatched for launch. the 'helpful' man said to em to cancel my preorder as they had all been taken up... anyway i hung up on him as i didnt like the words which were coming from his mouth lol.. i rang up again and a different person said that I SHOULD recieve an email before friday although she did not sound confident... i need advice guys what should i do???!?!?! Ive been looking forward to friday the 8th since it was announced as launch day and i just NEED to play it:(

Was hanging up on him really necessary? A bit of politeness goes a long way.

I have already pre-ordered wii play for £29.99.

The games I'll probably pick up with my wii are zelda, call of duty 3, red steel, one of the driving games to get the steering wheel attachment thing and maybe monkey ball.....oh and an extra nunchuk.

Hopefully I'll get everything I want with mine: Zelda, Red Steel, Monkey Ball, Wii Play & Nunchuk. Me and my mate are gonna get down to GAME at about 6:30am (maybe earlier depending on what time he gets out of work) and wait outside. I just hope there isn't loads of people already there.

On another note has anyones games been despatched from play yet?

And does anyone know what games return policy is at the moment i'm thinking if Zelda doesn't come from Play to buy it at full price from Game then when the order comes from Play to return that one to Game as it will all be sealed.

:

If i were to go for number 4, and keep Monster ..in its wrapper, sealed, i could get a refund couldnt I?

Nope. Because you bought it in a bundle you did not pay full price for it.

Lol are the deals the same as what Ashley said?

Yes. When did I stop being the figure of authoritah!

what a scam.... as if a branch of game bundles up peoples orders... they just fetch them from out the back and get the games out of the naff glass case behind the counter.

We (our store) do. Its what im doing Wednesday. Bundling peoples stuff into a bag to save time on Friday.

Getting my Wii tomorrow :D But I have a really bad back so I may have to only play it a bit until I get my massage on Wednesday.

It seems Tesco Ireland won't be suppoprting the Wii. I am just after coming back from the local 24 hr Tesco (the biggest grossing store per capita in Ireland) and they told me that they wont be getting any Wii's in and the only reasonthere were Xboxes (The original ones not 360's!!!) was just because it was comig up to xmas. They only do PlayStation

m8, I rang em up today, they said they are sending out confirmation letters. You will DEFINATELY get yours on friday.

The downside is delivery is between 8am - 6pm

sumomoep7momoko2v1iz5.gif

Thanks mate. :)

Tesco Information - Just got back from doing some shopping there, and I enquired in the Hatfield 24hr store, and I was told only 10 of their UK stores are getting them in, he also said it'll be the ones that focus on games alot.

Flameboy - I don't know what thread I talked about virgins numbers, but you were right. Bluewater store isn't getting too many, but apparently they're getting another lot on top of the pre-orders on Friday afternoon.

I currently have no idea where I'm getting my console from. But it'll be either Virgin, PCworld or one of those Tesco stores if I can find out which 10 are going to have them in stock.

So does anybody know between what times amazon orders are likely to arrive? I don't want to end up getting up too late and have to go collect it from the post office at closing or possibly the next day!

My brother paid an extra £7 and his is guaranteed to be delivered before noon.

Cool, is that the normal first-class postage cost?

All I got from Amazon was:

UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your console should be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control. If you choose Free Super Saver Delivery, your console will be delivered 2-5 business days later than December 8.

I'd preffer to have it in the morning cos I got mates who won't be happy if I don't let them play and the best time to start would be before lunch before heading to another mates house to use him for his big TV.

mines says expected Dec 14th, but i choose the best delivery and i got it with in the 7 minutes, must be a generic messagae.

Did you choose first class? If so it should say it's expected Dec 8-9.

As mentioned previously in the thread go into your order and change the delivery to super saver or whatever then go back into it again and change it back to first class and all shall be amended. Just a mix up happened with most of us that got in there because so many were trying to order at once I think. Mine said it would be dispatched the next day and should arrive the 23-24 Nov (I was wishing this was true!)

I was just wondering if anybody knows between what hours Amazon's delivery company send out their deliveries so that I know what time to get out my bed for. (I like to sleep as long as possible and I'll have a long day of Wii-ing ahead of me.) Is it 9-5, 9-1, 7-6, 26-84 or what?

Im calling my local Game tonight if I still havent received a call before I get home, sure call me impatient but i'd rather know for definite as soon as I can rather than wait for them, as if it does turn out that I wont be getting one (doubtful, but you never know), I could easily go around checking some of the low key stores that will be stocking the Wii.

Nope. Because you bought it in a bundle you did not pay full price for it.

aha thankyou. Is there anyway... Will I just have to trade it back in again for less money?

If so im not bothered, as i dont want the game and money is nice.