NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

As Ollie said we went to our local GAME and i chatted to a guy i knew. He said the system is all set up with the codes to take pre-orders but something about head office havent given them the go ahead yet as they are not ready to take them for a few more days as they still not sure on the numbers of Wii's each store is getting.

He reckons wednesday would be a good bet.

Placed a proper pre-order today at Game in my town. £20 deposited, with £80 saved in my bank. They didnt do the gift card shit, they gave me a pre-order receipt as they always have done at my game and the record is saved onto my fathers reward card.

December 8th here we come..

If you purchased a gift card that's non refundable.. you spend the cash on the card and the change gets left on it for another purchase.

You lose the card you lose the credit (which is why they're keeping it for you)

While I'm sure most GAME stores are honest and won't make you buy extortionate ammounts of games do be wary.. read the terms and conditions if you can.

Ashley will let you know GAME store policy I'm sure but the reason why they wont take your £20 for pre-order until they know stock numbers is to ensure they only take 1x£20 for every console they're allocated.

With the 360 launch Microsoft was at fault by cocking stores around and being vague with premium/core packs.

As a result there was lots of people wanting premium packs and not enough to go around.

Thus my GAME store made the minimum purchase 5 games or take a core pack.

Well for one I'm greatful for the Xbox 360 cock-up, it means that all the main pre-ordering firms (except Play!!) are being sensible and waiting to confirm numbers before letting people get their hopes up!!

If i remember, not that well but The manager of the store who was serving me said....

that you get vouchers with the purchase of the Wii, I cant remember the other things but aso you can trade in your Cube, like DS with DSLite, and get money off or something.

Ashley should/might know.

Anyway, i got a phone call about a couple of hours ago, from some guy in GAME in Manchester Fort saying that they are taking pre-orders.........hmmm.

What good is that anyway when the shops probably closed by now?

Anyway, I'm not sure if i said it before but I traded in some games, towards that Gift card thing. Got £15 on that now. combine that with the £15.15 already on my Reward Card. £30 off the Wii at launch! [/joyousrant]

well I lost my patience with Toys R Us, especially after calling them today and being told that they had 'no information whatsoever on this Wii product"

I preorder my Wii at the large HMV store on Oxford St London.They will host a midnight launch event, hopefully it will be a good vibe, lots of press, lots of freebees etc. £30 deposit and my Wii is Guaranteed!

well I lost my patience with Toys R Us, especially after calling them today and being told that they had 'no information whatsoever on this Wii product"

I preorder my Wii at the large HMV store on Oxford St London.They will host a midnight launch event, hopefully it will be a good vibe, lots of press, lots of freebees etc. £30 deposit and my Wii is Guaranteed!

I'll see you there

That reminds me, it doesn't seem like I will be going to another! midnight launch. There's only been 2 pre-orders at GAME near me. They were phoning o night so it may change but that was one thing i asked about, if they were gonna do a midnight launch. He said that they would have to pay Manchester Fort for more staff, and if there arent a lot of poeple then there's no point and they might as well open at 8 just for the few people who pre-orded. Oh well. Next console then...

That reminds me, it doesn't seem like I will be going to another! midnight launch. There's only been 2 pre-orders at GAME near me. They were phoning o night so it may change but that was one thing i asked about, if they were gonna do a midnight launch. He said that they would have to pay Manchester Fort for more staff, and if there arent a lot of poeple then there's no point and they might as well open at 8 just for the few people who pre-orded. Oh well. Next console then...

I couldn't actually believe it when the guy told me they were doing a midnight launch at GameStation. I need to go back later to see how many people they're expecting and when I should arrive to be first in the queue (and get the best parking place). :heh:

The game near me seems to be gearing up for a midnight launch. Im just waiting to see if they get the countdown meter soon.

To my knowledge, they have 100 Pre-orders at my local GAME, and I was #11. There were several people after me who ALSO pre-ordered, so by the end of this week/month/waiting period, Im SURE theyll have at least filled the code book.

I think they'll do the midnight launches if there are enough people, i dont think GAME are so stupid to do a DS midnight launch for the whole of 8 people in my local, and not do a Wii midnight launch...saying that, a lot of people will wait until morning anyway...but yeah, that wont stop me waiting at midnight!

Guys, Gameplay will start taking pre-orders tomorrow..Staff have already been able to do theirs today...shhh. There are going to be some interesting bundles by the sound of it...

People who want a Wii should really pre-order now as the demand is amazing... everybody at work is buying a Wii...even people who just like PC MMORPGs!

I couldn't actually believe it when the guy told me they were doing a midnight launch at GameStation. I need to go back later to see how many people they're expecting and when I should arrive to be first in the queue (and get the best parking place). :heh:

which one is that Moria?

Union St?

I'm pondering over who to pre-order with, Game, Gamestation or G-Force

would prefer to go with G-Force since I speak to the guys in there a fair bit, but they don't do the same sort of bundles being an independent store, although they do the games cheaper for the most part.

I'll prob end up going with Game like I did for the GC

They have fuck loads of DS bundles at really great prices, DS lite + New Super Mario Bros./Animal Crossing for like £109.

Yeah, I think I heard that they will sell the Wii with a choice of game... I'm not too sure if they are going to sell the Wii on its own actually... And I heard about a 4 game Wii bundle... gameplay.co.uk will certainly be worth a look tomorrow..

Out of our team, I think that I am the only one who hasnt pre-ordered yet..haha...I have not seen the pricing sheets.

Yeah, I think I heard that they will sell the Wii with a choice of game... I'm not too sure if they are going to sell the Wii on its own actually... And I heard about a 4 game Wii bundle... gameplay.co.uk will certainly be worth a look tomorrow..

Out of our team, I think that I am the only one who hasnt pre-ordered yet..haha...I have not seen the pricing sheets.

Thanks for the heads up. Im on nightshift but I will get up early especially for this tomorrow.

To my knowledge, they have 100 Pre-orders at my local GAME, and I was #11.

My local game haven't started taking preorders. I may preorder at GameStation, but the store isn't the best...I'd perfer to get it from Game.

Guys, Gameplay will start taking pre-orders tomorrow..Staff have already been able to do theirs today...shhh. There are going to be some interesting bundles by the sound of it...

Thanks for the info pardner :awesome:

Been checking the site each day recently in hope that it goes up for preorder, I'm so excited it finally is...:yay:

...although...it had to be the day where 10-3 i'm on a Law AS trip to visit courts and then as soon as I get back home have to immediately catch the coach to go to Arsenal v Porto, and then I don't get back till like 2am.

I REALLY hope the preorders are up in the morning then! Do you know about time Pyxis?

Thanks for the info, Pyxis. :yay:

Hopefully Gameplay will start them tomorrow morning since I'm working in the afternoon and evening. :)

Quick question, when preordering from gameplay they dont charge your credit card before shipping the item right?

Ah good, im pre ordering Red Steel and Excite truck from GP

same here. as soon as i know what kind of deals GAME are doing, I'll preorder the rest of the stuff i need, if any, from Gameplay. Always trusted them for games etc, but for consoles I'd like to get it in my hands as soon as I've bought it. No waiting for the postman to come.

Seems to be a lot of questions for me, sorry, I've been AWOL for a day or too.

I popped into work today and noticed the action plan said "Put Wii Deposits Thru", so whetehr something more happened I dunno. Asked, but didn't really get a response.

And you can refund giftcards. You would have to press the refund button, scan the barcode (it comes on the card - made of card, not the giftcard), swipe it, type £20 and then do as normal. Never done one, but logic dictates.

Im not at work til Friday now, the perils of uni.

I wouldnt trust ordering hardware from the Internet if I wanted to get it on launch, my friend pre-ordered a DS off game.net (I think) and didnt get it because they sold out I recall.

Therefore, im happy pre-ordering it at my local store. Heres to hoping for a midnight launch..