NEurope
Hellfire

Wii Region Free?

Calm down people, we still need confirmation if the games will be locked or not.

Wow, now THAT'S awesome. Never expected Nintendo of all companies to do this.

SUPERB! I'll preorder Wario-Ware smooth moves from Japan if this is true!

and i'll only import a Wii if are price/date is crap!

That's really good news if it turns out to be true.

I find it especially nice of Nintendo to not lock their first party games as they normally take quite some time to reach Europe.

YEEESSS! :D

I was fed up of modded consoles and unreliable bootdiscs!

This also means we can simply import titles NOE drags its heels on *cough*Animal Crossing*cough*.

Nintendo. Give us a nice EU release date and I will love you forever.

Same counts for me :) I really hope we do get the Wii before Xmas though. Didn't Reggie say just now they would ship 4 million Wii systems before december 24th worldwide? So that would mean we would get the Wii on time, wouldn't it? Or does he mean Japan and the US by "worldwide"? :P

no 4 million by December 31st(ie end of calender year)

Plus the majority of units are going to Americas.

This I can safely assume we won't be getting the Wii system until Marcg 2007

So, unless the UK gets Wii no more than a week after the US, I'm importing it.

Anyone know any good sites to do this? That are cheap and reliable. I've never imported before.

So, unless the UK gets Wii no more than a week after the US, I'm importing it.

Anyone know any good sites to do this? That are cheap and reliable. I've never imported before.

vgp.ca

Awesome site.

I emailed VGP about Wii preorders yesterday and they said you would be able to preorder within the next few days.

Hello Charlie,

We should be adding our Wii section and the System for Preordering Very soon in the next few days. We are just finalizing some details.

I have kept your name and email on file and will email you when preorders are up.

All questions will be answered when we put the section up.

thanks,

Does anyone know if you will be charged customs on a console order from them? I didn't get charged customs with any games I've bought from them...

Why would you want to import games? Considering that a 50USD game from vgp.ca translates to 31 GBP. Gameplay and most online stores have sold new last gen games for 30 as well, and they do free delivery.

Please don't import your wii yet, wait until noon, you're getting excited on the hype.

Personally I think someone from NOA has more credibility than someone from NOE.. But still, I'd like this cleared up. Allthough, to be honest, I wouldn't be very upset if it wasn't region-free, you'd think we're all used to it by now :P, and I don't see me importing that many titles. Still, I hope it's still in, bacause ultimately, it has to go. But I can live with another generation of region-encoded games.

I never believed that Wii games will be region free. So I pity all those from the UK who have to wait for the EU version so they get UK english instead of US english. Wii promise...

David Yarnton is basically sales manager. Nintendo japan does the product designs. So he is not the first to know some new things relating to tech or games. However, something thats fundamental to marketing strategy, he would know and has stated clearly. Get over it.

David Yarnton is basically sales manager. Nintendo japan does the product designs. So he is not the first to know some new things relating to tech or games. However, something thats fundamental to marketing strategy, he would know and has stated clearly. Get over it.

And what logic dictates VC games should be region locked? WTF more reason to wait for PS3.

Wii console price: OK, not hat bad.

Controllers price: WTF, way over the top in price.

No DVD: WTF are nintendo doing. X360/Ps3 = DVD Playback

Photo Viewer: WOW, thanks Nintendo. Useless.

Weather channel: Thanks again, now I dont need to watch the news

Online games: None at launch, soory.

High def: No, we want to make our console affordable to everyone, by at least being $40 AUD cheaper than X360 premium.

Region locked: YES/NO/MAYBE. OK it is.

Way to go nintendo! You sure have released a console for the masses.

And what logic dictates VC games should be region locked? WTF more reason to wait for PS3.

Wii console price: OK, not hat bad.

Controllers price: WTF, way over the top in price.

No DVD: WTF are nintendo doing. X360/Ps3 = DVD Playback

Photo Viewer: WOW, thanks Nintendo. Useless.

Weather channel: Thanks again, now I dont need to watch the news

Online games: None at launch, soory.

High def: No, we want to make our console affordable to everyone, by at least being $40 AUD cheaper than X360 premium.

Region locked: YES/NO/MAYBE. OK it is.

Way to go nintendo! You sure have released a console for the masses.

Wrong Red Steel is definately online