NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

When do you think we will see a football game?

With FIFA and Pro Evo, getting 12 month exclusives on the 360, when do you think we will see a serious football game?

Does anyone think another company will step into the frair and make one? Could ISS still come out in ure eyes, like it did for the gamecube whilst pro evo was PS2 exclusive.

And on a wider scope, wot do you see the controls been like? would a refined version of Mario Strikers Charged work, or would the classic controller shell be needed for a more traditonal approach.

Me personally, I hope one ships up somewhere, cos I'm getting mighty bored of pro evo on the good old Xbox.

We've already seen one, its called "Mario Strikers Charged".

I said serious football game, as in a simulation. mario strikers is only 3on3 (i think?) and very arcadey, from the vids I've seen.

EDIT: don't really appreciate flameboy 101, calling me a name thief everytime I post, unless you noticed I signed up before you, dont quite get how I stole it! just cos I maybe havn't posted as much.

EDIT: don't really appreciate flameboy 101, calling me a name thief everytime I post, unless you noticed I signed up before you, dont quite get how I stole it! just cos I maybe havn't posted as much.

Name theif or not, it's confusing there being two.

bah dirty name theifs. shooooooo!

He was a member before you.

Anyway I don't relly mind I won't be getting any sport games.

He was a member before you.

Anyway I don't relly mind I won't be getting any sport games.

THANKS! for getting back on topic! you might not be bothered but atleast we are back on course!

I dunno how the controller could really "improve" a traditional football game, except from maybe drawing "lines" with the controller in the air to pass to other players and what not, kind of like the passing in that DS basketball game.

I dunno how the controller could really "improve" a traditional football game, except from maybe drawing "lines" with the controller in the air to pass to other players and what not, kind of like the passing in that DS basketball game.

yeah i agree with you. the shaking of the controller on mario strikers to shrug people off the ball seems good, but might not quite work with a more serious game, as you'd have slide tackles, block tackles etc.. so would take that plus other methods maybe?

This'd be one of the games, if any, that iwould like to just use the GC controller or the classic controller. I dont see how you can implement the Wii controller into a simulation. Mario footbal yeah, because theyve thought aboutit and such. but pro evo, I cant think how to control it.

Name theif or not, it's confusing there being two.

Since it seems i made mine last, ill see if i can get it changed, tbh i was thinking of chaning it anyway "Flameboy" is childish.

I expect both Fifa and Pro Evo to appear on Wii. Its about time Nintendo had both games. Any other football games eg championship manager would be welcome as well.

They totally come out with a sock or brace or somthing to use for a mini game/free kicks!!!

Seriously think about it.

We will get fifa and maybe pro evo i dont care about this really.

But not for 12 months. That's the point of this thread.

I think a Fifa title on Wii in the future is a safe bet. Trouble is, when?

Another ISS game would also be a good prediction. Pro Evo, though, hmm...I'm not sure how that will work out. Only time will tell, i guess.

In this case, i think the Wii-mote would hinder, rather than accomodate a football title. If we do see a serious footie game, i think we'll be playing it using the classic controller (or GC controller, if possible.)

In this case, i think the Wii-mote would hinder, rather than accomodate a football title. If we do see a serious footie game, i think we'll be playing it using the classic controller (or GC controller, if possible.)

I agree, I think the ps2 pad, 360 pad, and cube pad would suit. Simply because football games on control pads that have 4 face buttons and 2+ shoulder buttons work. Perfectly.

Not really interested in football games... Although that may be because I've only played Fifa. Maybe in 12 months I'll try out pro evo.

it's only 2006 exclusive for next gen system's both ea and konami didn't say 12month exclusive they could very well release a football title early, mid, late next year.

what kind of wii fans are you it was confirmed a pro evo or pro evo spin off was already in development and konami confermed all 3 new gen systems to get pro evo games nintendo allso said they wanted better new control interface ds is getting pro evo so is wii

Sign in to follow this