NEurope
Nick

PS3 Delayed Till 2007

Where have all the fanboys gone?

I read all of the five pages but instead of lots of funny comments most of it is serious discussion :nono:

Well as I said to Sonic238 over msn.

"Sony is its greatest competition."

and

"in an unexpected move Sony renamed the PS3 to Poo in order to better describe its strategy"

"soon there won't be enough mud left to close the grave they're digging"

and some anti-Ken pictures to round things off:

BarbieundKen.jpg

FhrerKen.jpg

I only want Devil May Cry4 and MS4 but I will be getting a Xbox360 and Wii and wait for fews years for ps3.

I only want Devil May Cry4 and MS4 but I will be getting a Xbox360 and Wii and wait for fews years for ps3.

similar to me-that was the plan before this news, now it'll probably mean i'll have to wait longer to get my DMC and FF XIII fix as the PS3 will be stupidly expensive when it launches and sony are always slow in price dropping unless they gain some intelligence and figure they're going to need to price drop pretty quickly to catch up with the 360.

I've always owned 2 consoles. The last 2 generations have made me buy a ps1 and a ps2 but I'm not so sure about this gen. I'll most likely get my wii and see who wins out of sony and microsoft (besides I dont like paying over £200 for a console, so might as well wait for the price drops). So far the 360 appeals to me more, but it needs more games...

Anyway im thinking that wii will win this xmas because I doubt that microsft will advertise the 360 as much as they should, while I think nintendo will go all out.

Hits BBC News for blanking the Wii and getting a sonyfanboy who goes No! How? Why ?What? They always do that! and showing Killzone using the Ps3 contoller.

Wii60 is so much more likely now for most people, especially me. Seeing Gears of War in multiplayer is just WOW, and games like Dead Rising and Saints Row already appeal to people.

I'm not too sure if this has been posted but the BBC had a vote on their website.

Have the latest delays put you off buying a PlayStation 3?

Yes

66.45%

No

33.55%

9404 Votes Cast

Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion

Thats pretty unusal i didn't think they would be a massive difference.

Made using my super photoshop skillz

worldmap2copy.jpg

Just saw i spelled unknown wrong.... to lazy to fix

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA*breath*HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breath*

Man, more losses for sony.

I didn't think Nintendo would of even changed the date.

exactly . "Wii keep our promises".

Wasn't that the tag line from the german press conference. They must have known the impending problems.

your all reacting a tad imaturly its very good news for wii fans and news any sane person knows was comming

HAVE SONY EVER BEEN HONEST ON RELEASE INFO NOOOO

HAVE SONY EVER BEEN HONEST ON TRUE IN GAME POWER NOOOOO

HAVE SONY EVER DELIVERED GOOD BUILD QOALITY NOOOO

PLEASE LOOK AT SONYS PAST AND PRESENT THERE IS SONYS FUTURE

LYES LYES LYES

doesnt really matter ps3 is obselete just like psp aganst ds a 4 gen old controller with no rumble pak i see anyone part with good money in a shop ill point and laff then thro eggs at there sony zealot heads lets all dualshock like its 1996 erm LETS NOT

YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE FUN OF SONY? SONY FANBOYS!!

sonydefencerb5.jpg

Just kidding.

Or am I?

Have anyone notice that sony let this news out before TGS which starts in two weeks time.

Its the same as Nintendo let news out about the name of the console before e3 ie two weeks.

It's to prevent the embarassment of a delay to detract from all the good things of their show. If nintendo had announced the wii name at e3, people would have just been talking about the name and not the actual games or console.

thanks pedrocasilva

Mircosoft

Microsoft Stance:

Decision to move launch date is "not surprising"

Xbox UK boss Neil Thompson said that Microsoft is not surprised Sony has "backed away" from its commitment to a global launch for PlayStation 3.

"We know how challenging it is to pull off a global launch, so it's not surprising that Sony has backed away from their previously announced launch plan, due to the unproven technology they are trying to pack in to their console," he said.

Microsoft brought Xbox 360 to market in Europe, Japan and North America late last year, pulling off a simultaneous global launch - although hardware shortages did follow. With the PS3 delayed until March, MS now faces one less competitor this Christmas; but according to Thompson, that will make little difference to the success of Xbox 360.

"Europe remains a priority for us. That is why gamers have been able to experience Xbox 360 from day one, and why we're confident we're going to have a great Christmas - regardless of what competitors are or are not in the market," he stated.

Thompson went on to observe that Xbox 360 owners will have more than 160 software titles to choose from, with the likes of Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and FIFA 2007 due out in time for Christmas.

In addition, Thompson continued, Xbox 360 offers "a growing and innovating online gaming service, fantastic entertainment capabilities, optional HD-DVD capability and a great value price".

He concluded, "These factors will help us reach our goal of 10 million consoles sold worldwide by the end of the year."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19515 http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19515

VS

Nintendo

Wii is on track to ship in Q4, Nintendo plans to ship 6 million systems to retailers around the world between its launch in the fourth quarter of 2006 and the end of its fiscal year on March 31, 2007.

Nintendo sure are nice for not bad mouthing sony.

YOU DON'T WANT TO MAKE FUN OF SONY? SONY FANBOYS!!

sonydefencerb5.jpg

thanks for the tag. Will be using it on counter strike too. look out for Dr. Mario rampaging on the terrorist team.