NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Super Mario Bros Movie (settle an argument)

I was young when I watched it but I enjoyed it; now might be a different story..

It's only worth watching once - it's just a little outside the line in order to be "so bad it's funny." Close, but no cigar.

I only watched it when I was little but at that time I liked it.

I actually think I'd enjoy it more now because I understand the reference to the games now.

I also like the idea of a very dark Mushroom Kingdom. It has lots of similarities and feels entirely different at the same time - that gives a very strange feeling.

However, I think that we'll all agree that

Joystick Heroes > any other film ever :D

Havent watched this in year. I always watched this film over the xmas period when i was a kid. Mite go digging for the tape later. Loved the mini bomb-bomb btw. It was like the only thing that was actually faithful to the game!

The movie is god like i love it so much :D.

Have they ever got round to releasing it on DVD in the UK or do i have to import it?

guys this film sucked!Please stop saying its good

it's very good.

and i think that, as i have said before, the mushroom kingdom IS there, just that koopa's reign has turned it into this dark gritty world, but after the film you get the feeling that it's gonna turn back to what it was in the games... shame there was no sequel.

It's a very enjoyable film, I love the dancing Goombas. Also: open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur!

It's a very enjoyable film, I love the dancing Goombas. Also: open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur!

the bit when mario has to get that rock off the big woman in the club!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I remember i loved this movie because it was actually very bad, wich makes it a great movie.

I want to see it again. Can't remember most of it. What's that elevator scene you all talk about?

I remember i loved this movie because it was actually very bad, wich makes it a great movie.

I want to see it again. Can't remember most of it. What's that elevator scene you all talk about?

mario and luigi (in their game costumes for the first time) are trying to find daisy in koopa's building, and going up in the elevator it suddenly stops and two huge goombas get in. they hide behind the goombas, whispering desperately to each other. then the doors behind them open and more goombas walk in.

the goombas are too thick to realise.

when we cut back to them, the elevator is jam-packed full of goombas (i remember laughing at this stage about how un-hero like they are for taking the elevator, well they are plumbers afer all and not heroes straight away which i liked lol) and mario and luigi are crawling along the floor between them to get behind them to hide.

then luigi hears the elevator music and gently takes hold of a goomba's back and starts to rock it back and forth to the music, then he moves on to the next. again, when we cut back, all the goombas are swaying, and even humming to the music, still unawares why they are doing it rofl!!!! we see mario and luigi escape thru a hatch in the roof, then the goombas start pairing up and dancing togther :D:D:D:D

the lift doors open and their general or whatever is standing there looking at them all dancing in couples roflmao!!!

(sorry for the long-winded response, i get like that when i'm laughing while typing :D:D a classic scene, pure brilliance!!)

I can almost remember the elevator scene now :)

I haven't watched this movie since I was very young when it was on tv for the first time so I don't remember a great deal about it but I do remember thinking it was awesome.:love: I need to download it.... and by download it I mean legally purchase it. From a shop.