NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

V Festival

Anyone going? I didnt really fancy it but Im now going tomorrow !

I went to the leeds festival last year and tried to get tickets again to Leeds or Reading this year but it was near on impossible...

Anyway, yeah as i said didnt really fancy V festival but today in work someone was desperately trying to get rid of tickets so i offered £70 for a pair and got them :)

They are £60 each on their own normally so £35 each aint too bad really.

Anyway anyone else going? Ill be at Chelmsford tomorrow, it's all about bloc party for me.

Anyway here are some of the bands ill try and see tomorrow as long as they dont clash of course. If some do im gonna have to make some tough choices.

Radiohead

Beck

Keane

Bloc Party

The Magic Numbers

The Divine Comedy

The Dead 60's

Kasabian

Editors

The Ordinary Boys

We Are Scientists

The Cardigans

Orson

Kula Shaker

Biffy Clyro

Fatboy Slim

The Go! Team

Jamie T

Art Brut

The Young Knives

The Upper Room

Even if i just get to see Radiohead and Bloc Party ill be happy with paying just £35 for that :bouncy:

This will be my 2nd festival of the year (went to ATP earlier in the year) and im also going to get loaded in the park next sunday!! woo go me! i love music festivals.

Bloc Party

The Magic Numbers

Kasabian

We Are Scientists

Biffy Clyro (just cause my friend is always going on about them)

The Go! Team

Although I don't do festivals, as we discussed last year (im a big prissy git)

The only band I would consider seeing there is Biffy Clyro, though I havent heard anything from them in ages. Otherwise, boring indie shit.

Ok its a V Festival thread but I am going to leeds fes next week. woo. Bought my ticket of ebay for 180 of my finest silver. Cant bloody wait.

£35! A mighty good deal if ever I saw one. I would definately try and see Editors and We Are Scientists, saw them in Spain and they were both pretty incredible.

I'd only go for Keane. the other bands don't interest me. I've never been to a festival, think I'll get myself to one next summer.

Watching it on E4 what is up with the sound? And also Girls aloud performance very odd things were happening. And becks performance was ruined. Not happy.

My mates friends with Lily Allens brother so he got free vip ticket didn't get one for me though:(

i saw some of the highlights from Ch4 last night of V, what was the puppets and dancing guy all about with beck! and girls aloud sounded crap. Also what was grace and mikey from BB7 doing in the VIP area they are hardly massive celebs.

V Festival is normally rubbish.

The Dears are playing at Stafford which I'm excited about.

Also Radiohead headlined last night which I was excited about. But the crappy coverage didn't get the whole set. But that will be a download on OINK I guess.

out of all those these are the ones i like:

Radiohead

Bloc Party

Biffy Clyro

Fatboy Slim

so im glad im not going :P

Im back!

It was a good day, except for the whole getting home at 2am then getting up for work at 5am...not so good.

Anyway the bands i ended up seeing were:

Kula Shaker

Magic Numbers

Bloc Party (Best band there by far)

We are scientists

Keane (couple of songs)

The Ordinary Boys

Last song of Girls Aloud :)

The Go! Team (these were superb)

Editors (couple of songs, seen them twice before anyway)

Radiohead..

After seeing the Go! team i was on a high and in a happy dancing mood, shame i went and saw Radiohead cos it took that mood away....They were good but should have gone to see Kasabian...thought i would go for Radiohead as ive seen Kasabian before but meh Radiohead did play Creep at the end!

As for the sound there was trouble on the Channel 4 stage... Biffy Clyro started their set 3 times cos the amps and crap were just not working... and from then on most of the earlier bands had trouble with guitars, mics and sound levels...Think they sorted it out for the editors and from what i know kasabian sounded alright.

The main stage sound was superb tho...I was right at the front for Bloc party... about 5 people away from the railing... been watching some of the festival back and they showed some bloc party and i keep trying to spot myself i was right near the camera .

Also they had a comedy tent sponsered by Nintendo DS! you could go play the DS lite and all the latest games...it even had WI FI enabled.

The only famous person i saw was Edith bowan (sp?) and also saw Chantelle...well she was on stage watching preston so i didnt see her see her and she is not really a famous famous person.

Not a bad day for £35...i probably wouldnt have paid full price for it or gone for the weekend to be honest. Now reading or leeds on the other hand :D

Well, Chelmsford is my home town so I would have gone but I'm in Australia so i couldn't.

I can normally hear it from my house.

i was at staffs for the weekend, it was so-so.

personally i had a great time but you really had to pick and choose the acts to find the good crowds and avoid the zombies!

Really enjoyed the bands i saw and mostly stayed in the tents (more lively crowds for some reason). Best bands i saw were Gomez, Beck, Fatboy Slim, Art Brut (i saw her naked! TWICE! lol priceless!), Cooper Temple Clause, Dead 60's and The Dears.

Biffy sucked unfortunately, big let down but the band were getting pretty pissed off with the sound guy (he kept accidentally cutting the mics! :mad: ). An angry band aint a good band :laughing:

Sounds pretty good, glad you got to see Kula Shaker, I saw them a few months ago and it was fantastic, toom me back 10 years.

It was a pretty mixed line up, which I would have defiently considered if more line-up was announced before they sold out, you got a bargain!

Art Brut (i saw her naked! TWICE! lol priceless!)

I love Art Brut but think they clashed with someone i wanted to see... plus ive seen them twice already! :grin:

Sign in to follow this