NEurope
BeerMonkey

Game you have always wanted to play..

has there been a game in the past which you have missed out on simply cause you didnt have the console the game was on etc?

for me its got to be shining force 3 on the saturn would love to play it but never owned a saturn gah :blank:

c5_1_b.JPG

That game is freaking awesome! Its a shame you didnt get to play it as it has an amazing story and awesome gameplay. It annoyed me the other 2 parts didnt come out on a western release.

For me it would have to be Chrono Trigger. Its a game that has a massive fan base and people always rave on about how amazing it is. Im hoping and praying that it will come out on the Wii VC.

I want to play Chrono Trigger also. Everyone bigs it up, so I want a slice. Here's also hoping a VC appearance.

Great idea for a thread Replika!

I have always wanted to play Chrono Trigger too, but I have been desperate to play a Game called System Shock 2 for a long time now.

Apparently it is meant to be one of the most terrifying games ever.

I remember when I was young staring at the Power Rangers game in catalogue books, it was the one thing I wanted for a long long time. I never did get it or play it.

Let's see... Games that i always wanted to play but have yet to play:

Shemnue

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3

Shadow of the Colossus and ICO

God of War

Halo 2

Final Fantasy 7 (PS)

Ninja Gaiden (XB)

God of War (PS2)

Chrono Cross (PS)

Thats all i can think of right now.

Earthbound. Always hear it's really good, but too expensive on Ebay and such. Waiting for virtual console, I guess...

...Is the Wii here yet?

Oh, and Kid Icarus.

Final Fantasy 7 (PS)

Thanks for reminding me.

I may go looking for cheap final fantasy games for my PS, if they even sell them anywhere. I really want to play 7 and replay 9 - which i thought was a great game.

I've also always wanted to play street fighter 2. That's another game that will be high on my virtual console christmas list.

Halo 1, i have the game actually, the Source version, but i ahvent played it yet.

Also, replika, dont get a Saturn, even for that, they suck.

Halo 1, i have the game actually, the Source version, but i ahvent played it yet.

Also, replika, dont get a Saturn, even for that, they suck.

IMO the Saturn was one of the most underated consoles. It had Fighters Megamix, Sega Rally, Daytona, Virtua Fighter 2, Shining Force 3, Shining Holy Ark, NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Deep Fear, Sonic Jam, Sonic R, Mystaria, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Clockwork Knight 1 and 2, Virtua Cop 1 and 2, House of the Dead...to name a few. I personally loved the machine to bits and if you got it modded for imports then it really came into its own with its 2D fighters.

People listing SNES etc games they really want to play - is there any reason you don't just play them emulated? If it's for moral reasons, you've got more morals than me ;)

Saying that, whether you download it for an emulator, buy it second hand for an extortionate price off ebay or just sit around wishing you could find a cart of it somewhere, Nintendo will get exactly the same money from you - £0.00.

I can't be arsed to download an emulator and even if I could, I wouldn't want to play snes games on my pc. Snes games are intended for snes, playing them using a keyboard and a shoddy emulator would just ruin the fun.

I can't be arsed to download an emulator and even if I could, I wouldn't want to play snes games on my pc. Snes games are intended for snes, playing them using a keyboard and a shoddy emulator would just ruin the fun.

Which is why you should play them using an excellent emulator and a joypad.

Nah, its not worth it, its overratedm okay, its a good game... while it lasts, its damn short... it only took me a few days to complete it.

People listing SNES etc games they really want to play - is there any reason you don't just play them emulated? If it's for moral reasons, you've got more morals than me ;)

Saying that, whether you download it for an emulator, buy it second hand for an extortionate price off ebay or just sit around wishing you could find a cart of it somewhere, Nintendo will get exactly the same money from you - £0.00.

Can you link me to the emulator download that you use please?, thanks :)

Haven't really played SNES stuff for a while, so I don't know if it's still the top banana - But I've always used zsnes ( http://www.zsnes.com/ ) and found it very good. Various video filters to improve the look of the games, online multiplayer (woot), a good save state system and a nice GUI.

i have always wanted to play final fantasy 7 because i didnt have a playstation when final fantasy 7 was out. I also want to play those Halo games because some of my friends have x-boxes and they say halo is great

Sonic CD aswell. Anyone think buying it on GC is worth it?

I couldnt believe it when I played it on the Cube. I was all hyped as people had said it was the best Sonic game made. I was very disappointed as I found it easy and ended up beating the game in a few hours.