N-Europe

Eurovision Song Contest

KingOfHyrule

Is it just me or does every ESC song now sound exactly the same as the next? What happened the days where all the songs were actual songs and not just synthesised shite with middle-eastern drums?

Personally I think (I'm biased) that Ireland should get the finger out and start producing quality songs and start winning again. Gone are the days of Rock 'n' Roll Kids and The Voice, now RTÉ just churn out that tripe from You're A Star, and I've noticed the UK entry is chosen in a similar way.

Wouldn't it be great if each nation actually composed a real song performed by a band and not just get some girl with big baps to sing a synthesised piece of music? Now that would be a ESC!

I think the whole concept's really bad now, with countries voting for each other based on neighbouring links/politics etc...

It's not about the songs much at all any more, just alliances;

When you can predict almost EXACTLY (as Wogan does/can) who's going to vote for who, there isn't any point (for the UK atleast; even when we're good it makes no difference!)!!

(for the UK atleast; even when we're good it makes no difference!)!!

when was the last time the UK was good on it, I cant remeber it during my life time, it has always been wank from the uk.

*Remembers Genemi and bursts out laughing* :lmao: