Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Film Four - Studio Ghibli Season

gaggle64

I just saw a bit of mononoke on film four, and realised that of course everything is dubbed...

I'm not watching it now...

nestweek theyre repeating the subbed original jap dub for all you snobs out there :P

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nestweek theyre repeating the subbed original jap dub for all you snobs out there :P

Meh... I'm snobby enough to already have it on dvd. What really pisses me off is when the dvds don't let you do Japanese without English subs.

Gaggle 64: They're Tanookis (sp?)

Tanuki, 狸 (actually racoon dog, not racoon).

Laputa is like Skies of Arcadia, so it's great.

If Laputa is like Skies of Arcadia, then I must watch it.

I still don't like it how they aren't showing the films by Takahata. Grave of the Fireflies is so good. They should show Whisper too (the best Ghibli film)

Grave of the Fireflies is amamzing, very emotional as well.

Are they showing Princess Mononoke again? I really want to see that :hmm:

I still don't like it how they aren't showing the films by Takahata. Grave of the Fireflies is so good. They should show Whisper too (the best Ghibli film)

i think theyre only showing films that had Miyazaki's direct involvement, thats the feeling i got from the TV ad, but its probably not true.

AM? That's just criminal.

I'm guessing it's a mixture of being a bit hard going for the afternoon slot of the other Ghibli films and the fact it's not going to draw in big numbers in the evening. Better than not at all and this is the age of PVRs and Sky+. I have it on DVD anyway...

Guest Stefkov

I watched what i could of Laputa, what with missing the start 20 minutes, only realising after 5 minutes that tehres a filmfour +1.

Then i missed probably the main part when they land on laputa cos of dinner, watched the end and i thought it was a good film.

It is one of the weirder Ghibli movies. Really was good though - that cat bus is actually a little scary.

Definately weird. I'm still going to watch the rest of them though, just to see the appeal of anime pretty much..

Guest Stefkov

I loved Totoro, made me lol at one point and made me simply wtf at loads of parts.

Nausicaa, oh so thats on today, good ive seen this in HMV i think and im sure i read somewhere that its good, cant wait.

Guest Stefkov

I loved Nausicaa, i missed the first 15 minutes again due to playing smash bros.

porco rosso on today. not so sure as to what to expect.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!