NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Cadburys Caramel Rabbit...Whats the Deal?

caramel.jpg

Me and the lads at work were talking about how sex is used in adverts and then we all remembered the Cadburys Caramel advert from a while back. As seen in the pic it had a strangely erotic bunny speaking in a seductive voice while walking around in her purple scarf.

Anyone else remember this advert?

Hahahhahah. I remember this advert. Awww, you're making me feel old now. :(

What was the advert about?

No bluddy idea. The whole thing was a bit sexual if you ask me.

I do and don't miss it at all. It made for some awkward moments watching the TV with the family.

Cripes, I remember this. Who the hell were they targeting with that ad?

Oh yeah i remember that advert and thinking of it now im older and wiser i believe you're right, it is very sexual!

I'de Hit it.

Trust you to say that Dabookerman.

I also don't miss it because it seemed so weird.

I do and don't miss it at all. It made for some awkward moments watching the TV with the family.

Mr_Odwin and his family are spending some quality time together, watching coronation street on ITV.

The adverts come on.

Midway through the adverts, this advert featuring the caramel rabbit appears.

In a subtle, but panicky move, all the males in the household reach for the pillows.

I'd rather shag Lola.

the one from the song by the kinks? :heh:

any way, the cadbury's bunny is ancient, not restricted to one advert, there were and are loads. saw one not too long back actually....

Trust you to say that Dabookerman.

I also don't miss it because it seemed so weird.

But wait I thought you were Dabookerman....

I guess they were hoping people would make the connection between the rabbit and the expression "do it like bunnies". They wanted something that would appeal to children (a cartoon bunny rabbit, everyone loves them) but also to adults. Its oddly sexual but you remember it, so the advert served its purpose.

the one from the song by the kinks? :heh:

I KNEW some one would mention that, i love that song..

But i was refering to Lola bunny, im not into beastiality peeps.

But wait I thought you were Dabookerman....

I am only a new user on here, plus I only thought of joining when Retro-Lover said about it being offline on Euro Fusion.

Mr_Odwin and his family are spending some quality time together, watching coronation street on ITV.

The adverts come on.

Midway through the adverts, this advert featuring the caramel rabbit appears.

In a subtle, but panicky move, all the males in the household reach for the pillows.

Funniest thing I have read in a very long time. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I guess they were hoping people would make the connection between the rabbit and the expression "do it like bunnies". They wanted something that would appeal to children (a cartoon bunny rabbit, everyone loves them) but also to adults. Its oddly sexual but you remember it, so the advert served its purpose.

Very true after all these years I still remember it, didnt make me want a caramel bar though.

I thought that bunny was still being used for Cadburys Caramel.

I'm telling you, i'm out of touch with the hip snack-item scene.

Also, you're a bunch of furries.

Very true after all these years I still remember it, didnt make me want a caramel bar though.

Advertising doesn't always have to make you want it. If it burrows itself in your memory it could then be passed on. Im sure the advert was discussed when it first came out and people will have remembered the ad and discussed it, and its clearly still happening today.

I remember those ads......I thought they were pretty good, really made me wanna have one.

Advertising doesn't always have to make you want it. If it burrows itself in your memory it could then be passed on. Im sure the advert was discussed when it first came out and people will have remembered the ad and discussed it, and its clearly still happening today.

True. Its like that Red Car and the Blue Car advert for Milky Way years ago. It didnt make me want the bar but I still remember the song off the advert.

I don't remember these adds, because i was only about 2 or 3 years old at the time they were aired on TV, a nice way to grab the attention of the market though.

they wern't that sexual.c'mon!they were great ads i nearly miss them.better than that damn add with the singing cartoon birds

Sign in to follow this