NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
somme

Science Fiction

Anyone here like good 'ole Sci-fi? If so, what do you like and why? :P

I do like. I can only think of books that I've read at the moment though.

For instance: Reality Dysfunction, Neutronium Alchemist, Naked God, Algebraist, Eon, Eternity, Pandora's Star, Judas Unchained. They were all awesome.

I mainly like:

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Star Trek: Voyager

Star Trek: Enterprise

Star Wars Saga

FireFly

Futurama

Battlstar Galactica

Doctor Who

Star Trek

The Next Generation

Deep Space Nine

Enterprise

Most of the ST films

War of the Worlds

Firefly/Serenity

The original SW Trilogy

Doctor Who

Battlestar Galactica (The old version)

Most of HG Wells and Jules Verne

Plenty of others i've probarbly forgotten.

Red Dwarf was my first sci-fi love, and I also used to watch The Outer Limits and Futurama a lot. The new series of Doctor Who is great, too. My favourite film of all time is also sci fi, too: The Matrix.

I don't really read that much, but when I do, it's usually sci fi. I'm currently enjoying The Day of the Triffids, but I also enjoyed I, Robot, The Time Machine, and a few others I can't remember the names of. The Red Dwarf books are all fantastic too (except perhaps Last Human).

There's a lot of sci fi that I don't like, though, mostly if it takes itself too seriously. I can't stand Star Wars, for example - I found it incredibly dull. I'm also not really into Star Trek or any other American scifi series.

Not very discriptive, but I'll try. I like almost everything that has something to do with space or future technologies, it doesn't need to be full of FX, just galatic politics will do just fine. I have recently downl... purchased Stargate, from season 1 to 7, and I am at this moment purchasing season 8, I love that show, the relations between race is nicely done and introduces some nice concepts (too me atleast).

I also liked Babylon5, Star Wars, Outer Limits and some others I can't remember.

I have never read a Sci-fi book, if anyone can recomend me their favorites, it would most appreciated.

I have never read a Sci-fi book, if anyone can recomend me their favorites, it would most appreciated.

Night's Dawn Trilogy by Peter F. Hamilton. It's well coolz.

FUTURAMAMAMAMAMA

F-U-T-U-R-A-M-A

Yeah, so anyway, i like futurama..

Waterworld is considered sci-fi by some. Sci-fi is forever tainted.

I think battlefield earth can settle that

battlefield-earth.jpg

James Cameron FTW

I agree with this (as always:heh:)

I enjoy a lot of Sci-fi. I admit that i even enjoy watching Star Trek in its many forms (except maybe Deep Space 9, haven't watched enough of it to like it).

I also enjoy classic Sci-fi tv shows, such as the X-files and the Outer Limits. The Twilight Zone was awesome, too.

I also enjoy classic Sci-fi tv shows, such as the X-files and the Outer Limits. The Twilight Zone was awesome, too.

The X-Files is a fantastic show.

The X-Files is a fantastic show.

I miss not seeing it about on BBC1/BBC2 anymore. It was easily one of the best programs on tv during its time.

But it's no Terminator.

Indeed, it isn't. :heh: I love both the x-files and terminator, and i'll be damned if i'm going to choose which one i love more!

I watched The Terminator after we were talking about it the other day. it's just fekkin rightous :)

it's all about the dialogue, the cyberpunk portrayal of LA, the slightly synthetic look of Arnie when he cuts out his eye...

ah, it's just marvelous. I also noticed that it has the same cast as Aliens. loads of people are in both.

I watched The Terminator after we were talking about it the other day. it's just fekkin rightous :)

it's all about the dialogue, the cyberpunk portrayal of LA, the slightly synthetic look of Arnie when he cuts out his eye...

ah, it's just marvelous. I also noticed that it has the same cast as Aliens. loads of people are in both.

It has the same cast because James Cameron apparantly gets along well with Bill Paxton, Michael Biehn and Lance Henrikson (also Jeanette Goldstein who plays Vasquez is John Connor's foster mother in T2)

My flatmate at Brighton said that the Terminator wasn't a Sci-fi film, and i was really fuming inside. It's got to be one of the best Sci-fi titles to date!

Stargate SG-1!! Pwntz0rz!!

+ T2 = the most rock n roll movie ever. Apart from Back to the future and Bill and Ted.

course it's a sci fi! just because it's not set in space...I'm pretty sure cyborg asassins traveling through time from a post apocalypic, genocidal future counts as sci fi

:P

Firefly is the all time best sci-fi. I want another series

Star wars would have won, but although the concept was utter genius, the implementation was utter rubbish. If the scriptwriting had been up to par, nothing could have competed with it. ever.

Alien/s was pretty sweet too

I knew I'd forgotten someone. I've only read that collection of robot stories though. I think it might have been called I, Robot. It wasn't like the film though.

Sign in to follow this