NEurope
Tellyn

New Wiimote Button and More Wii Trademarks

Yes, things have gotten interesting, as we begin to speculate if there is, or isnt a new button on the new style Wiimote. We already know that there is a speaker, and that the size of the Wiimote is bigger than it was before, but now from a scan from Nintendo Power, a new button can be seen on the side. This is a small button, and it bears resemblance to the Gamecubes top Z button. Whether this is actually a button for playing games with, or an extra convenience button, eg an eject button, is yet to be known, but still, there may well be an extra button...Take a look.

scan0001dd1722016pq3.jpg

So Nintendo have decided to trademark various words. Some of them sound like "wii"...some of them...dont.

Here they are :

Uikon

Pointer

We

Oui

Taru Jetrace

Butsumori

Doubutsu

As you can see, We, and Oui are very similar to Wii, and Pointer may be related to the sensor, which may be called a pointer. The rest are clearly other languages, some translating of these would be great, so if you know what they mean, can you tell us? Thank you.

SOURCE: DSpot

Yeah I posted that about the button in the Speculation thread about a week/10 days ago.

Strange names though!

Taru Jetrace

Butsumori

Doubutsu

Uikon

WTF!?!?!

That button had already apperead but now is a diferent pic right?

I thought the number of buttons was ok. BTW there's no way to press A and that button at the same time so I just can see its use as a shoulder button.

Well Oui sounds like We, granted, but is French for yes. Maybe the other weird words are similar in ways.

Taru means barrel. It's MOST LIKELY Donkey Kong: Jet Race (Bongo Blast), which is mentioned :)

Maybe there's one at both ends... that way it'd be a snes pad when on the side!

Interesting. Although I understand their need to simplify the wiimote lack of buttons might be a problem.

I another button was all I wanted, I'm really happy with this, as long as they change it's colour to fit in the controler.

How can you trademark everyday words? I thought you couldn't do that.

As for the "button", I doubt it's real, could be an error made while printing the magazine. Surely, they would've talked about the extra button in the article, right?

It's also a dumb place to put it in if you're going to use it in-game. Like some other person said, it might just be an "eject" button or something.

I believe it might be an Ipod-style buttonlock.

Y'know, so you wont accidentally press the off button in the middle of the game.

Maybe there's one at both ends... that way it'd be a snes pad when on the side!

Can't be, because if you hold the remote sideways (D-pad on the left, 1 and 2 on the right), the buttons would be under the controller, not on top.

Y'know, so you wont accidentally press the off button in the middle of the game.

Great Idea, definitely most plausible explanation.

Looks way too big for something like that.

omg, I can't believe you were actually fooled by this pic. It's just her fingernail.

edit: ok, so it's not...

Can't be, because if you hold the remote sideways (D-pad on the left, 1 and 2 on the right), the buttons would be under the controller, not on top.

Oh yeah, clever me! haha!

How can you trademark everyday words? I thought you couldn't do that.

Maybe you can if its a product/company or whatever (I'd imagine stuff like "Reef" (the band or the drink) are trademarked) but you don't own the rights to the word, but rather using that name in its context (as a drink or band in this example). So no other drink or band could be called "Reef"

Maybe you can if its a product/company or whatever (I'd imagine stuff like "Reef" (the band or the drink) are trademarked) but you don't own the rights to the word, but rather using that name in its context (as a drink or band in this example). So no other drink or band could be called "Reef"

I think thats it.

Nintendo should trademark "Puu" before Sony start on their next console.

Another button wouldn't hurt at all, as long as it's not easy to press accidently.

Obviously, that button's for the camera on the back on the Wiimote. Nintendo Power have just edited it out. I've put it back in for your convience ;)

revcamdu8.gif

Maybe as the Wiimote can 'see' 1MP worth it will actually be able to take a sort of picture that will be transmitted straight to the Wii?

I think thats it.

Nintendo should trademark "Puu" before Sony start on their next console.

i actually did lol at this one. :bowdown:

i dont know why. just so damn funny.