NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
demonmike04

iTrips illegal in UK law

I have known this for ages, ur putting out at fm signal which you need a licence for. thats why these items are not for sale in shops only off ebay.

Hehe, I might have to get one of these for mine. I will then tune into the exact station that my bus driver listens to so everyone can listen to my music.

Hehe, I might have to get one of these for mine. I will then tune into the exact station that my bus driver listens to so everyone can listen to my music.

Nice idea, but it wouldnt fully work. It'd kinda mix the two sounds together, so unless you like fuzzy remixes, dont bother.

I swear you like need a license for almost anything now.

Nice idea, but it wouldnt fully work. It'd kinda mix the two sounds together, so unless you like fuzzy remixes, dont bother.

I swear you like need a license for almost anything now.

if your signal being locally broadcast is stronger than the one the bus radio is receiving from the actual radio station. it will cancel it out. i refer to a certain episode of mythbusters where they did just that. cancelled out the local radio station for about a 5 block radius........

I just read in the paper that Ofcom is going to overturn the ban on 'FM iPod gizmos'. I assume this means the iTrip.

So that's good eh?

Yeah, they will be legal by 2007. I got mine for about £5 on eBay (not a proper iTrip, similar, but works with any audio device). It's great. :)

What exactly do they do? Do they just let you listen to your ipod on a radio something? Or can it do more?

What exactly do they do? Do they just let you listen to your ipod on a radio something? Or can it do more?

all they do is put out an fm signal which u tune your stereo too so u can hear your music.

my french teacher has one, and we listened to S club 7 on the station called 82.7,

thats all I have to say on this matter

my french teacher has one, and we listened to S club 7 on the station called 82.7,

kill the french teacher.....

As a punishment, report your french teacher for broadcasting on FM without a license.

just throw the french teaching into the sea off shetland without a life jacket, in winter. possibly with some heavy weights round said teachers feet or something :P

just throw the french teaching into the sea off shetland without a life jacket, in winter. possibly with some heavy weights round said teachers feet or something :P

Im sure even putting her in the sea with a life jacket in the 'summer' would kill her...

Im sure even putting her in the sea with a life jacket in the 'summer' would kill her...

just do whatever is the most slow and painful. and dab in with it :P

If you are close enough to the bus' ariel you should be able to cancel it out. I love stopping my sister from listening to galaxy. What is the iTrip's reach, my Audia X is only 2m.

Oh i want one of these, does it only work with the ipod?, or is there any that would work on a zen

soag, I got one from eBay that will work with anything. It's just called "Wireless FM Stereo"

Sign in to follow this