N-Europe

Italian Football Match Fixing Scandal - THE VERDICTS

conzer16

Serves them to right for what they did, cheating buggers, imagine if they had managed to get "friendly refs" for Champions League games also, i bet they tried to

Impossible. UEFA deal with Champions League refs, and they would receive a ref of a different nation. Not Italian FA refs which they were asking for in the league.

Besides they were shit in Champions League, we knocked them out with no trouble at all.

Not really surprised by the verdict....although I was shocked to hear about the 30 point penalty on Juve for next season, its gonna make it very very hard for them to become one of the best clubs in Europe again, especially without the CL.

However with every cloud, there is a sliver lining...Arsenal to get Buffon and Thuram on the cheap!!!!

How come AC didn't get relegated? Something to do with Berlusconi being a former PM?

Juve aren't likely to move back up for at least 2 years now because of the 30 points deducted... They might not get up for even longer if all the good players leave too....

Very interesting. I feel sorry for the players though who don't know that this was happening and have been relegated and will have their wages cut now.

Thats what I thought as-well moria, shirley he had a hand in it for them not to get relegated and they have the fucking cheek to appeal against the decision. AC should have went down aswell.

There was a lot less evidence against Milan as I understad it and infact they weren't even accused of the same thing as the other 3 clubs. Ironicaly the evidence against Fiorentina is a phone conversation of them saying they wouldnt be part of the corruption anymore. Of the 4 clubs they are the ones who I would expect to have the sentance reduced a bit perhaps the point deduction halved.

In Serie B last year there was a 30 point difference between wining the league and getting relegated. Even if Juve win every game they will still be on 0 points until the first week of December. Its going to be very tough for them to get out in one season I think the best they can hope for is to scrape into 6th and sneek into the play offs. But even that will be a pretty monumental effort.

I hope that doesn't mean they'll allow replacement teams into the CL.

Roma, Chievo and Palermo will replace Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina in the champions league next year along with Inter. While Parma, Livorno and Empoli will compete in the UEFA cup.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring the thread back, but the appeals court have allowed Fiorentina and Lazio back in Serie A with reduced points, AC milan are allowed to play in the champo league, points also reduced. Juve stay in Serie B but have points reduced to 17 from 30.

AT A GLANCE

Juventus: Were relegated with 30 point penalty; now still in Serie B but with 17-point deduction

AC Milan: Were allowed to stay in Serie A but with 15-point penalty; now still in Serie A but with eight point deduction and put back into Champions League

Lazio: Were relegated with seven-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 11-point deduction

Fiorentina: Were relegated with 12-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 19-point deduction

Can't beleive that about AC Milan being allowed back into the CL. Unbelievable.

Its not right that a team involved in match fixing should be allowed to participate in the best club tournament in Europe.

Still can't believe it.

Although I support Oxford, I've always been a fond fan of Juve. Mainly because I am in love with the God that is Pavel Nedved. Apparently I heard somewhere that Buffon, Nedved and Del Piero have all confirmed that they will be staying at Juventus. That should help the relegation struggle they will be in next year.

Sorry to bring the thread back, but the appeals court have allowed Fiorentina and Lazio back in Serie A with reduced points, AC milan are allowed to play in the champo league, points also reduced. Juve stay in Serie B but have points reduced to 17 from 30.

AT A GLANCE

Juventus: Were relegated with 30 point penalty; now still in Serie B but with 17-point deduction

AC Milan: Were allowed to stay in Serie A but with 15-point penalty; now still in Serie A but with eight point deduction and put back into Champions League

Lazio: Were relegated with seven-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 11-point deduction

Fiorentina: Were relegated with 12-point penalty; now put back in Serie A with 19-point deduction

I don't bluddy believe it. What sort of message is this sending out to clubs?

Whats the point in the initial trial if they're just going to say "oh seeing how you've appealed we must have been wrong, here's a get out of jail free card. have a nice day now".

This just goes to show how crap the Italian leagues are.