NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Just a heads up that has nothing to do with the game. It doesn't even come with the game. Otherwise, I would have posted it on the site.

Just a heads up that has nothing to do with the game. It doesn't even come with the game. Otherwise, I would have posted it on the site.

Some sites seem to be calling it a "Limited Ediiton" of Umbrella Chronicles.

It turns out that it's just a DVD Carry case, nothing in particular to do with the games. It's the same price as RE4WE.

New Trailer (YouTube)

Looks awesome! :grin:

It does look great, but I was a bit dissapionted by that trailer, there wasn't really anything new!

I want to see Leon and Claire in the next trailer!

Good to see Billy back, he was a great character. I started playing RE0 again last night and was overcome by how irritating ti feels after playing RE4

Well i for one am rating this as one of my most wanted games. Anybody else?

Does it dishearten you with the turn that Capcom have taken or

are you exciting that they've mixed up the formula?

I think it's a bit of a mixed bag, while it is an interesting prospect and certainly is looking the part - i still have a niggling in the back of my mind which makes me believe that i would've prefered a full blown Resident Evil.

What do you all think?

Could be good, nice to see some support from Capcom (There's plenty more to come :)).

As long as the difficulty isn't lost on the change into a rails shooter I'm all for it. Basically I'll base my decision on how hard people suggest the game is.

-Excuse and lock if theres been a thread of this kind already.

Well i for one am rating this as one of my most wanted games. Anybody else?

Does it dishearten you with the turn that Capcom have taken or

are you exciting that they've mixed up the formula?

I think it's a bit of a mixed bag, while it is an interesting prospect and certainly is looking the part - i still have a niggling in the back of my mind which makes me believe that i would've prefered a full blown Resident Evil.

What do you all think?

Yeah, we do have a topic about it but someone could merge the topics together.

Sorry, i looked through the first 2 pages and i didn't see it, pretty stupid i know.

Maybe i'm just blind ..

Ah well won't happen again.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20727_re-umbrella-chronicles-en-coop.html

RE: Umbrella Chronicles in co op

The Famitsu magazine reveals this week of new information on Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles by announcing the presence of a mode of play in co-operation. Let us recall that Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles will propose to us to traverse environments drawn from the preceding episodes of the series to the way of Gun Survivor in which Wiimote and Nunchuk will be with the honor. The exit of the title is programmed before the end of the year in Europe.

Hope it's the whole game in Co-op!

If it is then... :bowdown:

Hope it's the whole game in Co-op!

If it is then... :bowdown:

There really is no excuse for it not to be co-op, shame it won;t be online!

The game would be perfect with an online mode! After played Resi4 on wii with the wii-mote you can see it's accurate enough, and a game like this will rock.

Is it me, or do cursors keep getting bigger and bigger?

Is it me, or do cursors keep getting bigger and bigger?
Haha, yeah they are quite big! Think the circle round the edge is showing your ammo though to free up the screen of HUDs!

Wow, this just keeps looking better and better. I think the Cursur will show either the amount of ammo left or have something on it like a re-load timer.

The shadows suck, this is not PS2 (or N64 for that matter) and I've seen they doing a lot better with this engine (and platform).

Characters textures still seem like they're placeholders, with very low resolution. The levels seem okay, though. Still, I'm expecting more from Capcom.

A customized version of Framework would be welcome.:heh:

A customized version of Framework would be welcome.:heh:
No sense in doing that since Framework MT was written with multicore in mind, so there's no advantage in making it run on a single core console like Wii.

Meaning that would not make easy ports or something, nor bring better results.

Besides they can import most stuff through the engines as is. And RE4 engine is scaleable and can be considered wuite young and fresh; stilll it's not being used as well as it should in this game.

No sense in doing that since Framework MT was written with multicore in mind, so there's no advantage in making it run on a single core console like Wii.

Meaning that would not make easy ports or something, nor bring better results.

Besides they can import most stuff through the engines as is. And RE4 engine is scaleable and can be considered wuite young and fresh; stilll it's not being used as well as it should in this game.

Indeed, but the comment I made about the Framework engine wasn't related to the comment I made about Umbrella (totally off-topic), as in this case the RE4 is the engine that makes the most sense. I was just stating that I would like to see a custom version of the Framework engine, I certainly think it is doable, of course taking in account that this is a non-HD console.:smile:

Anyways, totally random, off-topic comment.

Indeed, but the comment I made about the Framework engine wasn't related to the comment I made about Umbrella (totally off-topic), as in this case the RE4 is the engine that makes the most sense. I was just stating that I would like to see a custom version of the Framework engine, I certainly think it is doable, of course taking in account that this is a non-HD console.:smile:

Anyways, totally random, off-topic comment.

The reasons I don't think Framework is doable is not because of HD or any kind of graphical habilities, it's really all in the CPU being single core, and the fact that on the contrary of all the other architectures Framework runs in, Wii has a proprietary GPU.

It is possible, but it would be stripped of it's strenghts, and it had to be adapted for the TEV pipeline whereas PC, PS3 and X360 all use Shader Model X.X so that kinda makes them interchangeable (at least partially), but they wouldn't in Wii's case.

The shadows suck, this is not PS2 (or N64 for that matter) and I've seen they doing a lot better with this engine (and platform).

I was looking at the models and environments tbh, I didn't even pay any attention to the shadows.

The reasons I don't think Framework is doable is not because of HD or any kind of graphical habilities, it's really all in the CPU being single core, and the fact that on the contrary of all the other architectures Framework runs in, Wii has a proprietary GPU.

It is possible, but it would be stripped of it's strenghts, and it had to be adapted for the TEV pipeline whereas PC, PS3 and X360 all use Shader Model X.X so that kinda makes them interchangeable (at least partially), but they wouldn't in Wii's case.

Indeed, certainly that effort would have to be made, but it was already confirmed in an interview that some teams are already making proprietary tools to convert programmable shaders to fixed function calls... And I know that Framework was made with multi-core processors in mind, but that doesn't mean that Lost Planet on PC isn't going to run on a single processor, (not with the same performance, though). If the console continues to sell like this, I think sooner or later that effort is going to be made to assure the ports from the other systems... The results wouldn't be the same, of course, but at least it would allow a toned-down version of those games.

Anyway, that's not relevant in this discussion:).

The truth is, Capcom has no excuse, I hope they apply some better textures to those models till it comes out. Apart from that, the inclusion of co-op is pretty sweet.:yay: