NEurope
Goron_3

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Simple question, do you think if RE5 was possible on the Wii, they wouldn't already have annouced it for the console?
They say they haven't decided. Considering they consider it a matter of decision, it's probably possible. Maybe not a port, but definetely a different version making use of other technology. Wii sales warrant a success.

They say they haven't decided. Considering they consider it a matter of decision, it's probably possible. Maybe not a port, but definetely a different version making use of other technology. Wii sales warrant a success.

Exactly! They'll just build it with the RE4 engine. it'll still look great, and it'll sell more copies and probably cost less to produce.

Considering they made the first on the DS, I shouldn't think this will be a major problem.

I don't know why, but i'd actually have prefered an RE4 style game.
I think everyone would have!

But hey, this is what we've been given and well it's looking good.

I don't know why, but i'd actually have prefered an RE4 style game.

Don't know why? It's not hard to know why! RE4 very likely has the most revolutionary, fresh and incredibly satisfying gameplay of any game in the last 5 years or more. Everyone wants more of it...

The reality is though that gameplay is coming in RE5. This Wii game was just to "test the waters" so they didn't want to focus on an entirely all new experience that would be more time and budget consuming, hence why we have a heavily recycled game with a small new portion.

Resident Evil 5 doesn't show much improvement in the 360 conference teaser... No gameplay is shown yet. It's still on course for that platform though, and it looks to have an interesting African or South American urban area.

Resident Evil 5 doesn't show much improvement in the 360 conference teaser... No gameplay is shown yet. It's still on course for that platform though, and it looks to have an interesting African or South American urban area.

Nigga zombies!

Nigga zombies!

"Hellfire! You have been Evicted! Please leave the Big Brother House!"

lol, apparently on completion of the game the extra costume is a large hooded robe... the plots thickens!

The E3 trailer made me quite excited about how the game will feel with the zapper. If it really brings a lightgun feeling to the Wii - and I'm quite confident in that - it shoud be amazing.

coop + lightgun + zombies = sleep deprivation

I am really liking the look of this, especially with the new zapper add on!

Co-op is bound to be a blast, probably a definite buy for me.

Probably a definite buy? :p

It's looking good, depending on how packed the schedule is when this comes out I may or may not get it.

"Hellfire! You have been Evicted! Please leave the Big Brother House!"

Big what now?

I love the zapper, it open up a whole new avenue for FPS games where you can move and fire whilst holding the guns.

I'm liking the look of Ghost Squad more than this so far, entertainment wise, bar the graphics of course.

Big what now?

Man you make me laugh!

...even though I shouldn't be doing! Haha

so here's the problem with the zapper; the wiimote ain't accurate. depending on the position of your wiibar, above your tv or underneath, the cursor will be slightly higher or lower than where you are actually aiming. so this don't make a difference if you are just swinging the thing around, but when attached to the zapper you might want to bring the zapper close to your head and aim closely. the wiimote offers more of a relative position than an exact one. try that shit out, take the wiimote put it against your friggin' head and aim in a straight line.

does anyone follow?

so here's the problem with the zapper; the wiimote ain't accurate. depending on the position of your wiibar, above your tv or underneath, the cursor will be slightly higher or lower than where you are actually aiming. so this don't make a difference if you are just swinging the thing around, but when attached to the zapper you might want to bring the zapper close to your head and aim closely. the wiimote offers more of a relative position than an exact one. try that shit out, take the wiimote put it against your friggin' head and aim in a straight line.

does anyone follow?

Maybe there'll be some sort of calibration option within the game similar to the ds calibration where you have to aim at the corners of the screen.

Either that or people just have to learn to not aim down the sight.

what the hell this games looks terrible. Why doesn't it look half as good as resident evil 4.

what the hell this games looks terrible. Why doesn't it look half as good as resident evil 4.

Because it's not finished?

Showfloor Gameplay Video with Zapper

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20905_e3-2007-resident-evil-avec-le-wii-zapper.html

I'd like to see a bit more evident force from the guns!!

In Resi 4 when you used the shotgun villagers went absolutely flying, they were really thrown back by the force and body chuncks went flying!

Also when you used the TMP, the villagers would vibrate around as endless rounds hit them!

There just doesn't seem to be enough power in this at the moment!

Zapper seems to work well however!

Because it's not finished?

Yeah you can see this in the video I just posted; a barrel is shot in the background, zombies fly and the environment changes a little, yet there is no explosion from the barrel what so ever when it's destroyed!!

does anyone follow?

Well Sega are doing something about that in Ghost Squad so I don't see why Capcom can't.

IGN Ghost Squad Hands On

In the demonstration, players aim their gun using the on-screen reticule to determine position, but according to SEGA representatives, there will be a calibration portion where you can remove the reticule so you can aim using your eyes.

EDIT:- Besides most times I've played light gun games in the Arcades, the guns have been screwy and not aimed straight anyway. The amount of times I've been lucky enough to find a point blank machine and then realise after the first game that I have to aim about an inch to the left of what I want to hit.

New E3 '07 Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21658.html

Looks Great!

Still like to see more weapon impact!!

I think it takes too many shot to take down a zombie, it's not fast enough!

E3 Developer Walkthrough Video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21654.html

First Person Knife shown.

Sounds like Wesker might voice the title screen this time!!

"Resident Evil... Umbrella Chronicles"