N-Europe

Flat screen or DS Lite?

Elekko

Hey,

It is soon my birthday and I have actually something that I wish to get.

Now, I either want a flat TFT screen for my computer (my old one is CRT 19" and takes lots of space and makes my eyes tired when I work on my projects) or a DS Lite. But the thing is that I cannot decide! Which one should be a better one? I want a DS because of the games and entertaiment and I want a new screen for more comfortable and "sexy" desk.... ^^

well if you already have a DS then i would say the monitor although i have a DS and a lite and the lite is about 5 times better imo.

but i also had a normal monitor then i got a new pc with a TFT and the TFT was about 10 times better so i say TFT if you already have a DS but if you dont then lite wins hands down.

Guest Jordan

Hmmm...

It depends. I have both a 19" Widescreen TFT monitor and a DS Lite. I gotta say, i'm at my PC more than i play my DS Lite. So i'd say the monitor.

You can get mine for like £125 now.

I'd say monitor, i have a original DS and and big bulky CRT monitor...if i had the option id go for the monitor, i hardly play my DS much any more so it would have to be that.

I will have this same decision in October as my Tv/monitor sucks bad but the cash for the Wii or the Wii itself will win hands down.

Why does it make your eyes tired? Try reducing the brightness or the contrast if the settings are too high, or even change the resolution and maximize the Hz. Low Hz in CRT's sometimes can make the eyes tired very easily. Put the Hz at the highest setting your monitor can handle. If this works, then you can get a Lite and change to a TFT later.

Hmmm...

It depends. I have both a 19" Widescreen TFT monitor and a DS Lite. I gotta say, i'm at my PC more than i play my DS Lite. So i'd say the monitor.

You can get mine for like £125 now.

Which one is that?

I'd say get the screen, but *Only* because a DS Lite would be more affordable and the screen is probaby more expensive anyway. Again if it wasn't for that I'd say DS hands down! Although it's entirely upto you really. Depends which you'd rather have sooner.

First off, do you have an original DS? It sounds like you don't. Now there's a sexier system and a decent library of games for I'd say go for the lite. Consider what games are out for it and how much your projects are suffering due to your bulky monitor still.

No I don't have a DS, only GBA SP as portable. Basically my projects are just left for "later" as I think, bah I'll do it then. Maybe it has to do with tired eyes? Anyway...

I use 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz... I need that big resolution for working.. but but..

Now it seems like a 50-50... you guys made me undecidable. I'll need to think little more.

Which one is that?

Yeah, that's what I wonder too! :bouncy: