NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Official Thread

I have just got back to this wonderful game and am loving the pure Zelda magic. Capcom have done a great job with the game and storyline. I thought I would make this thread in case anyone else wants to talk about one of the best Zelda games there is.

I've had this game since last year and have been stuck on the Fortress of Winds forever. But I finally beat it earlier this week! All I needed was the small key hidden in the mole maze where you get the mitts, to unlock the room with the Big Key. I defeated the boss (which was easy although it looks complicated). I got the Ocarina of Winds and had the freedom of flight from place to place. It reminded me of the FLY technique in Pokemon Gold. I've traded god knows how many Kinstones and spent hours scouring the land for secrets and ways to get across ponds and caves, etc. Now I'm stuck on the library mini quest to get to Eldar Librari in Hyrule Library. I have the first book, but for some reason the second book has stumped me. It is in the scholar's house in the rafters, and a Minish is trying to jump on it and make it drop. I've stood on it with him but nothing happens and the other Minish are useless. How to I get access to this book? Secrets of the Picori I think.

oh god i hated that bok hunt-the thrid ones the worst.

if you get stuck check gamefaqs.com i did with castlevania DS and it got me sorted straight away.

i think you might need the minish power glove type things or something-its been ages since i was there.

i just finished the temple before the final boss and my cousin deleted the save file so now im back in castor winds and ive jut got the mole mitts.

Hmm you get the Mole Mitts in Fortress of Winds, is that what you meant? Do you know what to do with Din's Charm? I did some Kinstone trading and a man started charging rent if someone wanted to move in. I told Din, she moved in and filled my empty bottle with Din's Charm. Apparently it gives you a boost of strength but I don't know what to use it for. I have the Power Bracelets if that's what you mean by gloves. :)

Hmm you get the Mole Mitts in Fortress of Winds, is that what you meant? Do you know what to do with Din's Charm? I did some Kinstone trading and a man started charging rent if someone wanted to move in. I told Din, she moved in and filled my empty bottle with Din's Charm. Apparently it gives you a boost of strength but I don't know what to use it for. I have the Power Bracelets if that's what you mean by gloves. :)

it just proves how long since i was playing it lol -yep you got what i meant. i didnt use dins charm for anything. cant you buy something similar from that guy with a stall selling mysterious red and blue balls in the middle of town?

im not making much sense purely because its been sooo long since i last played it-sorry :(

Oh yeah, the Picolyte guy? I didn't buy any of the stuff from him because he is so vague and it sounds like the effects for 5 seconds.

yeah i know what you mean- i think you do just puch that book then the third one is a bitch to find. good luck lol

anyone else hate the whole mysterious shell lottery thing?

true that was pretty sweet. but minish isnt up to the lofty standards of LTTP (may fave zelda game) or even Links Awakening. still its a great entry in the series and has introduced many of my friends to zelda. :D

now to make them buy the DS version mwahahahaaaa

The DS version puts off my friends because "it's the Wind Waker! URGH!"

Theres a really odd glitch in the game I found after completing it... (dont worry, no spoilers here) id never actually noticed this glitch till I tried the game in my DS, so not sure if its to do with that or if I just completely missed it when playing on the GBA.

Warp to lake Hylia and head to the small cave in the centre of the lake, dig out all of the rock then head to the cave at the top of the lake (you need to jump to get to the entrance) when inside dig left and keep heading left... notice anything odd? half of the wall is made up of the same dug area from the cave you were just in... so dig those walls around that then head back to the small cave again... eh... wtf? now that cave has all the dig locations of the other cave so now proceed to walk outside of the walls of the cave and you can venture *under* the blackness... now lets dig some holes in the darkness then head back to the other cave! hey look at that! the larger cave is ruined even more!

Odd? id say so.

Oh and yes, the game is fun :-p

Does bumping a year old thread mean you just recently played it? If so, per chance do you prefer it to Twilight Princess? I'm curious as you seem to greatly enjoy expressing your opinion of TP at any opperunity you get.

yes i noticed that pattern too. its some kind of zelda disease. Eventually, you work out that there are other games

Does bumping a year old thread mean you just recently played it? If so, per chance do you prefer it to Twilight Princess? I'm curious as you seem to greatly enjoy expressing your opinion of TP at any opperunity you get.

I don't compare 2D and 3D Zeldas.

Minish Cap though is a very good game.

Minish cap is most excellent, however Oracles and Link's Awakening beat it (the latter being my favourite Zelda game). Imo 2d Zeldas > 3d Zeldas.

Minish cap is most excellent, however Oracles and Link's Awakening beat it (the latter being my favourite Zelda game). Imo 2d Zeldas > 3d Zeldas.

Link's Awakening was fantastic, but I'm not sure about the Oracle series. Something about those games felt different than your average "classic"-type Zelda (by "classic" I don't necessarily mean classic, but the bird's-eye-view gameplay the series originated in). I can't quite put my finger on it, but the "feel" to the game was just different than the other Zelda installments.

By the way I've personally preferred 3D Zeldas, but that's probably because the first Zelda game I ever played was Ocarina of Time, so I'm not exactly a "retro/original" Zelda fan.

I never played Minish Cap, though. I was just so busy investing time in other things I just didn't have the time. Did it really take place before OoT?

Minish Cap is supposed to be the very first Zelda, chronologically. Even the triforce is referred to as the 'Lightforce' in it.

Fantastic game. You should play it.

Will do. I also remember someone mentioning there wasn't a Master Sword in the game. O_O

Then again, Majora's Mask didn't have one, and I doubt Phantom Hourglass will have one, either.

Nope, no Master Sword. The sword of heros was the Picori blade, that you need to reforge a la Lord of the Rings.

Thanks for the bump! Decided to replay this, and it's awesome! Zelda's been running around Hyrlue town like a muppet, and I have just meet the hat! Good times!

Could someone explain to me the lack of love for this particular iteration in The Legend of Zelda series by some people on this forum?

FFS Fused King!

Why don't you start your own new appreciation thread for it on the Retro Board instead of bumping a 4 year old thread!

Just because people don't bump age old threads to discuss the game doesn't mean they don't appreciate it! Peoples love for the game usually comes up in threads for other newer Zelda games when discussing the series.

Just as I used the Retro board to start a new Wind Waker thread instead of bumping the one in the Wii Board... This is the DS/3DS Board!

My dear friend,

I was simply curious as to why people think ill of this game when people are mentioning it in other Zelda threads, for I've never seen good constructive reasoning for it.

Now I'll be damned to start talking about The Minish Cap in the Skyward Sword thread, so I figured I'd dig up the official thread for it.

If people do not want to discuss it, this thread will slip into the realms of darkness soon enough.

:red:

Actually, Retro meant starting a new thread in the Retro boards. lol

Anyway, you want to know why people ignore the Minish Cap? For the same reason they ignore Link's Awakening, the Oracle games and, soon enough, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Because, for some reason, nobody takes handheld games seriously. It's sad, because Minish Cap is amazing.

Also, Minish Cap is an entry in an amazing series, so it was bound to be overshadowed by others, worsening the problem.

Sign in to follow this