Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, i think it's very brave of him to take the Villa job (that's if he does do it). Many would have shrugged off the chance to manage villa.:hmm:

Yeah, but now Ellis is finally pissing off the Villa job will no longer be undesirable. As did John Gregory, David O'Leary got fed up with Ellis' tightwad schemes, even if it did keep us out the red. But sometimes if you spend money, you will earn money (aka Cup victories, plus you get funds depending on where you finish in the Premiership).

-EDIT- The club will be holding a Press Conference at 6:30pm today at Villa Park to announce its new manager.

Congrats Villa. Just remember that O'Neil isn't all that he is hyped to be. Sure he did well at Leicester, but he is yet to prove himself as a top manager in the premiership yet. So he may have won a few titles and cups with Celtic? That doesn't really say much, even bloody O'Leary could win something in the scottish league. I'm just saying Villa fans... Martin O'Neil does not mean instant success.

Anyway... YES! The season starts tomorrow!

..5-0 defeat to FSV Mainz 05..

Come on you reds :bowdown:

Any opinions from Liverpool fans on the forum here? It doesn't really worry me, we're still gonna do the business this season..

:horse: << (The Horse is Jose Mourinho.. I'm not bitter about his recent comments :heh:)

I watched that game, and roffled at the refereeing.

Rooney's sending off was never a sending off. I don't doubt Schole's, as i think he deserved to get both yellow cards. The referee just didn't seem to want to book any Porto players. This one lad was jumping into our keeper a lot, i counted 3 times. It was probably more.

Also, if you kick the ball away after the whistle has gone, aren't you supposed to pick up a yellow card? This player kicked the ball into the net when he was outside the box, about 4 or 5 seconds after the whistle has gone. Come on, Ref, be consistant!

Any opinions from Liverpool fans on the forum here? It doesn't really worry me, we're still gonna do the business this season..

Hugely concerned. I know it's only a friendly, but we fielded a strong side and you would expect us to win fairly comfortably. Don't forget it's the last friendly game, and we play in the Champions League against Haifa on wednesday... :hmm:

Rooney's sending off was never a sending off.

Eh? He smacked him in the face! The man's a disgrace, but I bet he gets away without a ban though :indeed:

:horse: << (The Horse is Jose Mourinho.. I'm not bitter about his recent comments :heh:)

Nah not to bothered, friendlies don't mean anything anyways. From what I gather, the first team as it were held it to 0-0 at HT. Then the youngsters came on, its all about mistakes and they will learn from them.

Eh? He smacked him in the face! The man's a disgrace, but I bet he gets away without a ban though :indeed:

But was there intent? Definitely not, in my opinion. I've watched the incident countless times, and Rooney does not even look at the player, his eyes are firmly fixed on the on-coming ball. Players do use their arms to jump, so i think it's purely accidental that it struck the other player in the face. If the intent was there, i would agree that he should have been sent off, but i think it was just an accident.

As Platty said, other players were doing it in the match, but they escaped punishment from the referee.

Scholes's red card: i have no quarrel about that. He should have known better.

But was there intent? Definitely not, in my opinion. I've watched the incident countless times, and Rooney does not even look at the player, his eyes are firmly fixed on the on-coming ball. Players do use their arms to jump, so i think it's purely accidental that it struck the other player in the face. If the intent was there, i would agree that he should have been sent off, but i think it was just an accident.

As Platty said, other players were doing it in the match, but they escaped punishment from the referee.

Scholes's red card: i have no quarrel about that. He should have known better.

Intent or not, it was dangerous play and there can be no excuses. But of course, everyone shags Rooney so the referee is a disgrace and he was unlucky to be sent off wasn't he? :indeed: Anyway, is it two red cards in three games now for Wayne? He's an absolute disgrace, and overrated as a footballer IMO.

Fields you are chatting crap. If there was no intent to hurt the player. I'm not Rooney's biggest fan, and I don't think he is England's finest. But I do think the red card was harsh. If he had meant to smack him in the face by all means red card. Accidents happen, in contact sports.

The Amsterdam Tournament is as boring as ever. Ajax - Mancester was the lamest game ever. Deserved win for Man Red though (late free kick by Giggs 0-1). Ajax really need to pull themselves together, they should have put up more of a fight.

The thing about O'Neill is, the only jobs he's ever taken have been no lose situations.

Looks like someone is bitter he turned down Newcastle

Congrats Villa. Just remember that O'Neil isn't all that he is hyped to be. Sure he did well at Leicester, but he is yet to prove himself as a top manager in the premiership yet. So he may have won a few titles and cups with Celtic? That doesn't really say much, even bloody O'Leary could win something in the scottish league. I'm just saying Villa fans... Martin O'Neil does not mean instant success.

yeah cause taking a team to a european final beating Blackburn, Stuttgart, Celta Vigo and Liverpool along the way doesn't prove anything

oh and knocking Barcelona out the following season as well keeping a clean sheet in both games

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!