N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Not Everton? Then how about a European Cup winning club like Manchester United? or even Villa? Anfield shouldn't sign off with Liverpool playing a relegation-bound club, it should be a huge match, with a huge English club to boot.

But, it's not up to me, so...

----

Gavin McCann has joined Bolton. Shame, that is, I liked McCann.

That wouldd be nice, but somehow losing to Man Utd at Anfield's last game would make me cry for a very long time.

However beating them would be even sweeter

Fernando Torres could yet be a target for Liverpool Further...

Torres has been talking to Benitez, Personal Terms are fine, however Liverpool will not pay more than £25 Million for his services.

That isn't a rumour, it's fact, Take it or leave it

Look at this pitch anyway, disgrace!

http://www.video-c.co.uk/dance/toptenvideos.asp?vidref=core001

Few Jitters in the Arsenal Camp over Henry

http://arsenalnewsblog.com/2007/06/08/i-just-heard-a-rumour-about-a-thierry/

Now will people forgive me for sticking my neck out over this

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Everton? Then how about a European Cup winning club like Manchester United? or even Villa? Anfield shouldn't sign off with Liverpool playing a relegation-bound club, it should be a huge match, with a huge English club to boot.

But, it's not up to me, so...

Well not going to be up to anyone if the last competitive game is a meaningless league game against a relegated team thats the way it will have to be...they aren't going to change the fixture list for it shame really...

I'm abit the same with Fratton Park, will want the last game to be an "epic" match...

I wouldnt worry too much Ramar - Arsene Wenger likes to do his business out of the limelight. He'll get in some incredible talent as usual for next to no money! Pity about Baptista but understandable with Aliadiere, that kid just didnt get to break into the first team.

Can't say I've ever seen anything in Aliadiere that would mark him out as a quality player. When he spent a month on loan at Celtic he didn't even look like he knew where the goal was

He isn't that great. I'm pleased we've got rid of him, just hope we can get some new personel in now.

Edit -

Arsenal are reportedly set to pip Liverpool to the signature of Valencia's promising defender Yago Fernandez.

Did anyone watch the Spanish League tonight?

Barca were 2-1 up and against Espanyol and Real were 1-2 down away to Real Zaragoza up to the 88th minute or so.

Just before injury time Van Nistelrooy came up with a equaliser for Real against Zaragoza and 20 seconds later Espanyol equalised against Barca. :o

Did anyone watch the Spanish League tonight?

Barca were 2-1 up and against Espanyol and Real were 1-2 down away to Real Zaragoza up to the 88th minute or so.

Just before injury time Van Nistelrooy came up with a equaliser for Real against Zaragoza and 20 seconds later Espanyol equalised against Barca. :o

So Real win the title?

I can't see that United formation working. Rooney is not a lone front man. He's definitely a second striker in the Bergkamp mould but more dynamic. Personally, I'd like to see 4-4-2. Nani and Anderson won't start every match. Rooney playing just off a Fernando Torres or Berbatov would be awesome.

I can't see that United formation working. Rooney is not a lone front man. He's definitely a second striker in the Bergkamp mould but more dynamic. Personally, I'd like to see 4-4-2. Nani and Anderson won't start every match. Rooney playing just off a Fernando Torres or Berbatov would be awesome.

Agreed, although I can't see them spending big again this season so I'd say Torres is definitely out of the question!

Since when were United going to change their formation? They will stick with 4-4-2.

Since when were United going to change their formation? They will stick with 4-4-2.

Some guy a few pages back posted a formation with Rooney as the 'spear head' striker with Scholes, Ronaldo and Nani playing off him and Hargreaves and Carrick holding. That wouldn't work because Rooney isn't the type of striker that can hold the ball up well as demonstrated by England in Germany '06 when Crouch got injured. He needs to be playing off someone.

I was reading the BBC Football Gossip page earlier, and it featured a small paragraph about United making a move for Tevez. Of course, this is just a rumour, but recently David Gill said United are considering making a move for a striker.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470924&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=&title=Gill+hints+at+striker+move&channel=&

If you've been following things lately, you'll know that we've already got Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves in the bag, and it was thought that this would be our entire summer spending. Well, it may not be.

I hope we can bring in some more players. :)