Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

At least Arsenal got rid of Ashley Cole, for an Arsenal fan, he's become a complete money grabbing glory hunting cock splash. And I think it would take a world cup winning goal for me to like him again.

Reyes gone also, shame I really liked him, I hoped he would settle. But all the Real bollocks left me wanting him to go.

Apparently Villareal have bought the Cygan which can only be a blessing especially when they've supposedly paid 2 million for him!

Gallas and The Beast Baptista in, two great players, Gallas is clearly needed in the defence, and The Beast will give us some bloody strength on the pitch. All our players seem to be made of paper since Vieira left.

Totally agree with everything there. :smile:

The guy I sat next to at Highbury will be celebrating over Cygan's departure, I've never known a fan hate one of their clubs players so much :laughing:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS, it seems as if every club are gonna get taken over these days. Its ruining the game IMO.

Agree with Ramar regarding the Arsenal transfers except for the Reyes part. IMO Reyes has been VERY inconsistent, giving an awesome performance for one game and then doing jack shit in the next couple of games. It isn't good enough at this level and needs to be MUCH more consistent with his performances to be called a world class player. I have no doubt about his talent, he needs to sort out his mentality though, stuff like concentration. He's just in and out of games all the time. And his qoutes saying that this was a dream move only makes me wish we had got rid of him earlier. Good luck with everything Jose.

The Beast is a good acquisition as is Gallas...Kolo Toure and Gallas as a CB partnership....DROOOLS. :D:laughing:

Anyway, Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham? Even though I do actually know how they ended up at West Ham: HOW THE HELL DID WEST HAM GET TEVEZ AND MASCHERANO!?

Its to do with the fact that if West Ham(MSI), Receive bids for both these players over 35 million. West Ham have to sell them or pay MSI the 35 Million to keep them. If they do sell them West Ham will receive very little in terms of profit. So basically West Ham(MSI) are just pimping these players for bigger clubs, quite a farce.

We've managed to get the under 19 Brazil captain too, Denilson. These transfers we've made + the likes of Fabregas,Walcott and co coming through is so exciting. Poor start to the season yes, but anyone to write us off would be a fool.

England v Andorra soon, I was reading about Mclaren earlier and I really am starting to earn quite a bit of respect for him, he seems to have the right attitude and makes Sven look like an absolute ass (not that he isn't anyway). I'd rather have Andy Johnson upfront than Defoe but we'll see how he does, as this is his make or break chance.

Mclaren seems to be the right person for the job.

I agree. Thing is, all he's doing is using common sense. Gerrard was being messed around by Sven, and his partnership with Lampard just wasn't working. Now that Gerrard is on the wing, he is feeling much happier and thus you can now have both Gerrard and Lampard in the same team without some sort of clash.

To all those who doubted Darren Fletcher: Eat your own face! I've stuck with this guy through thick and thin (much like hargreaves) and i believe he is a top quality player. I hope he can really shine this year for United as well as Scotland.

Unlucky, Wales. :( Don't worry. The revolution will start soon. Our time will come!

Bonny Scotland 6-0 Faroe Islands

Merry England 5-0 Andorra

'tis been a good day for moi.

Even though I'm not a fan of McClaren, I agree that he is good for the England job. England under Sven was like Villa under O'Leary, the players weren't able to play how they wanted and were stuck in positions they didn't play in (although for Villa it was because of injuries)

But now, under McClaren, I hope we see a different England to the one we saw under Sven, just like with Villa under Martin O'Neill. McClaren lets the players play where they are suited to and where they play for their club.

Y'see, England never needed O'Neill, it was McClaren.

(I hate to think what would've happened to Villa if O'Neill had taken the England job and we still had O'Leary! :eek: )

it's amazing that the performances at the world cup are forgotten after a couple of easy home wins against weak opposition, wait until the tougher group games have passed before going overboard again ;)

Well, whats in the past is in the past. Yes we did play crap at the WC and now we can move on.

:horse:

it's amazing that the performances at the world cup are forgotten after a couple of easy home wins against weak opposition, wait until the tougher group games have passed before going overboard again ;)

Tougher games? ;)

Group E

ENGLAND

Croatia

Russia

Israel

Estonia

Macedonia

Andorra

We are gonna walk it.

To all those who doubted Darren Fletcher: Eat your own face! I've stuck with this guy through thick and thin (much like hargreaves) and i believe he is a top quality player. I hope he can really shine this year for United as well as Scotland.

Yes hes proved hes better than the postmen of the Faroe Islands.

You sure? Russia have Guus Hiddink, tactically up there with the best, gets the best out of his team. Croatia is a team full of brick shit houses who made a prety damn good account of themselves at the World Cup.

We'll do them easy, Don't worry.

Great goal by Kaka, reminds me of myself and the goals i score at 5 a side ;)

Yes hes proved hes better than the postmen of the Faroe Islands.

Hehe. ;)

Well, i've also noticed he receives a lot of stick, especially from United supporters. I think he's always played pretty well for us, and has always made a valuable contribution when he has played. He played excellent in the game against Charlton the other week, and he just seems to be improving all the time.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!