N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't comment on the 10 points I think it's been worked out at 4 or 5 points, using the premise of taking all of Tevez's goals off games they have played before the hearing...

I wish I could remember which team it was who had points deducted in lower leagues because that did stick and of course Bury got kicked out of cup and lost appeal, as I said before:

There was of course when Middlesborough got points deducted for not fulfilling a fixture, which ok is a different case, but it is still a breach of the rules, which also state that if any team is found in found in serious breach of the rules then it will result in points deduction and fines, so the teams around there do have every right to feel aggrieved...

Having said all this, I like every neutral would much rather the league positions be decided on the match not in the courts...

If you look really deep into it, you could say that AC Milan shouldn't have even been in the Champions League this year. Didn't they get kicked out and then re-instated?

The courts really are losing it. You have to make a decision and stick by it. Most importantly, you have to make the right decision in the first place.

If you look really deep into it, you could say that AC Milan shouldn't have even been in the Champions League this year. Didn't they get kicked out and then re-instated?

The courts really are losing it. You have to make a decision and stick by it. Most importantly, you have to make the right decision in the first place.

AC Milan didn't get kicked out as such, they got the points deduction applied to last season and this which meant they technically didn't finish in top 4, it was up to the Italian FA to register their four teams with UEFA, and again an example of bottling it as they let AC Milan stay in...Lets not bring Italy into it though they have too many problems to get into on a match day...

But yeah what you said last was correct...

Second Halfs Kickin Off...

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up!

Guest Stefkov

Weee 1-0 United. Remnants of their poor performance against Milan were still there I think.

Wasn't the class I expect from United. Quoted from and old 80 year old who, still, dresses up as (ukranian) Santy Clause. :p

I can't comment on the 10 points I think it's been worked out at 4 or 5 points, using the premise of taking all of Tevez's goals off games they have played before the hearing...

I wish I could remember which team it was who had points deducted in lower leagues because that did stick and of course Bury got kicked out of cup and lost appeal, as I said before:

There was of course when Middlesborough got points deducted for not fulfilling a fixture, which ok is a different case, but it is still a breach of the rules, which also state that if any team is found in found in serious breach of the rules then it will result in points deduction and fines, so the teams around there do have every right to feel aggrieved...

Having said all this, I like every neutral would much rather the league positions be decided on the match not in the courts...

Yes and as I said ,in January the FA said that West Ham where free to play Tevez and Masch. Before this point they hadnt earned any points when either of them played. So they had no points to deduct. In every previous occurance AFC Wimbledon, Crawley Town and er someother lower league team they had points deducted from games the inelligable player particpated in.

wud be great to see portsmouth (from the city's point of view) finish 5th from winning these last 2 games...

bolton will be shit without allardyce, i dont care what any of u say...

EDIT: arteta just scored for everton, 1-0

I agree, Bolton will fall apart without Sam. Chelsea must be sweating a little, they have to secure a win away at Arsenal now, anything less will see Man Utd take the premiership.

well disappointing 3-0 to everton

only good thing going is that other results went our way...so if spurs win their games in hand and last game they could be up and out of sight in 6th, then leaving us, reading and bolton fighting out for 7th.

If we beat Arsenal at home last day we have a chance....

Wigan are screwed, they are going to have to win at Bramall Lane on last day of season to stand any chance of staying up...

Have to say I fancy Sheff Utd for a point tonight at villa (sorry The Villan!) meaning they would be safe on 40pts 5pts above drop zone...

I don't think West Ham will get points deducted now, the Premier League say they have sufficient legal back up to defend their original decision, but there is no doubting it will drag on, bottom 3 will stay as you are now I reckon... so that means Wigan and Charlton will almost certainly appeal...

Ken Bates has done some shady stuff at Leeds.

Underhand conflict of interests imo.

I think an investigation should happen and a rethinking of the rules. Boston got relegated today on the last day of the season and are apparently trying to rush through their adminstration process so that the points get deducted this season and not next...now clearly there is something wrong with the rules if teams can just do this as it doesn't punish them in any way....

I think an investigation should happen and a rethinking of the rules. Boston got relegated today on the last day of the season and are apparently trying to rush through their adminstration process so that the points get deducted this season and not next...now clearly there is something wrong with the rules if teams can just do this as it doesn't punish them in any way....

Yeah, I was wondering earlier if the end of the season is when the final whistle blows at the last game of the last day or is it at midnight on the last day of the season??

What Bates has done is nothing short of seedy. When he came to LUFC he said we'd be "debt free" by June '07.

We had circa £25m of debt then and now we have £35m according to the administrators from KPMG. Now Bates has invested £10m into Leeds since he arrived, so his money is part of Leeds' debt. As a major creditor of Leeds he has a fair bit of clout in deciding if his own buy back of Leeds can take place.

But what he meant by "debt free by June" translated as "We're going to do eveything we can to save this club" - and now it's plainly obvious he was going to force LUFC into administration in order to assume full control of the club.

The Football League need to launch an investigation and ensure that this doesn't happen again. He theoretically has given Leeds a clean slate to start next seaon off with, but if he doesn't stump up some cash for investment in players and club infrastructure he can fuck off back to London.

And he can take Wise with him.

I was watching Final Score who said they were trying to rush through the administration process before the final whistle, but then they read out a statement from the Football League. They basically said that they could choose whether to deduct the points now or next season, regardless of when the club actually go into administration.

I was watching Final Score who said they were trying to rush through the administration process before the final whistle, but then they read out a statement from the Football League. They basically said that they could choose whether to deduct the points now or next season, regardless of when the club actually go into administration.

Yeah I heard that...

but have heard conflicting reports..technically the season doesn't finish till the play off finals so they could go into adminstration now and get points deducted...if they don't let them do it they could cry as leeds have been allowed..although there is still a week left they did it as soon as they knew they were down...

It just seems wierd why if the football league can decide they let leeds get away with doing it now and not take the points off for next season

Well have the Football League officially said that Leeds are to be deducted the points this season? The Media have been all over Leeds these past 2/3 weeks and they seem to have said we start next season without a point deduction - I haven't actually seen or heard the football league state that.

Well have the Football League officially said that Leeds are to be deducted the points this season? The Media have been all over Leeds these past 2/3 weeks and they seem to have said we start next season without a point deduction - I haven't actually seen or heard the football league state that.

no, it's funny you should say that, was just looking and the only statement about is Leeds United, sky sports report simply ends:

Football League rules state any club entering administration is to be docked 10 points.

Administrators understand that these points will be deducted from this year's total and not next, thus confirming the club's relegation to League One, but also ensuring, crucially, that The Whites start next season with a clean slate.

and everywhere that has league tables up has leeds bottom with points knocked off.

EDIT:

from official football league website:

Leeds United Go Into Administration

Championship club Leeds United have gone into administration.

Football League Head of Communications, John Nagle, said:

"Following confirmation that Leeds United have obtained an administration order, The Football League can confirm that the club has been deducted ten points from its 2006/07 tally."

"Given the recent reduction in the numbers of clubs resorting to formal insolvency proceedings, it is disappointing that Leeds United have had to seek the protection of an administration order.

"Discussions have already begun aimed at establishing how Leeds United intend exiting administration. This will have to include complying with The League's insolvency policy under which all 'football debts' must be settled in full."

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10794~1021123,00.html

So that's pretty interesting.

It's completely up to the Football League's discretion in which season the points are deducted. As far as I'm concerned, whatever season you enter Administration is the season you should be deducted the points, and if it happens during the summer you should start the next season -10 points.

Yeah but there is still something shady about clubs doing it at the end of an unsuccessful season to prevent it affecting the next, the idea behind the rule was to stop clubs doing it and not being affected football wise as clubs weren't happy when Leicester went into administration and then went up that year...

well the title is definately coming back to its rightful home now, I predict Chelsea will lose 2moro aswell. Does anyone think that West Ham will be deducted points?

No chance. The reason they never deducted points from them is because they were in the position they were. If they had deducted points West Ham would have appealed, and the appeal could well have upset both the Premiership and Championship, there was no way the FA would have allowed that to happen.

I may be wrong, but no one else has the power to object to the FA's ruling, so it's all over with now. I think West Ham will stay up now, but their last game is away at Man Utd.

As for tomorrow, I've got a funny feeling the Premiership will be over after Arsenal play Chelsea. It'll be one of the very few times I'll be hoping the Gunners win.

No chance. The reason they never deducted points from them is because they were in the position they were. If they had deducted points West Ham would have appealed, and the appeal could well have upset both the Premiership and Championship, there was no way the FA would have allowed that to happen.

I may be wrong, but no one else has the power to object to the FA's ruling, so it's all over with now. I think West Ham will stay up now, but their last game is away at Man Utd.

As for tomorrow, I've got a funny feeling the Premiership will be over after Arsenal play Chelsea. It'll be one of the very few times I'll be hoping the Gunners win.

Thats why they are taking legal action, not going through the FA Board...they won't win though, West Ham have been dealt with. I don't think Charlton will beat spurs on monday and Wigan won't beat Sheff Utd so I think bottom 3 will be exactly the same next week...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!