NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Watching the highlights, I hope UEFA or FIFA or whoever are in charge of this competition have look at the videos. The amount of elbows, late tackles and overall unsportsmanship from Andorra is appauling, and the highlights haven't even got to half time!

Not a great performance. First half was crap, but the second half was an improvement. Thanks to Stevie-boy, they got the win. Somebody needed to do something, and it proved to be him.

3-0 was a bit flattering, I thought. Although, perhaps not, as Andorra sat back for the majority of the game and hoped for a 0-0 draw. So, in that sense, well done England.

I really hated watching Andorra, not only did they dive and try to provoke our players but I just cant stand teams who obviously dont give a damn about winning. I dont know how their players can stomach playing like that.

Only got to see the highlights as I was at work

*shakes fist at night shift*

Anyway, it was terrible. First half was laughable, thank God Gerrard picked his game up in the 2nd half and did something.

4 outta the 5 games are now at home so we should be ok. But well you never know with Mclarens England.

We need to fire McLaren now before it's too late, because the best he's likely to achieve is getting fired when everyone realises it is too late. I don't care if we were playing away, and I don't give a damn about the 3-0 "victory". If England can't make an easy job of a loose rabble of builders, how are we expected to stack up against an actual football team?

Beckham should NOT come back, he's too slow, he can't get round anyone, and he's too unreliable. There was such pressure on him to leave because he was playing so poorly and now people want him back; he's not the answer to England's problems...

Beckham should NOT come back, he's too slow, he can't get round anyone, and he's too unreliable. There was such pressure on him to leave because he was playing so poorly and now people want him back; he's not the answer to England's problems...

He was one of Englands best players at the World Cup! How can you say Beckham shouldn't be in the team when the likes of Frank Lampard and Stewart Downing are given starting positions?!

Beckham should at least be in the squad!

When Lampard got "dropped", we cheered.

When Lampard got dropped, the Sun, Daily Mirror and just about everything other paper wants to know why.

Piggin' annoying.

Are you a slve to the media or something? Pretty much every goal we scored at the last world cup came from this man. He doesn't need pace or to get past people because he can hit a decent ball from anywhere.

Yet again having a player who can beat players with pace and fail to deliver a cross is much more important isn't it.

Arguably, Ryan Giggs is much better player these days since he's "slowed" down. His passing and crossing game is much better.

Pace is great, but it's all about the end product. That's why sometimes I'm not totally sold on Aaron Lennon.

Arguably, Ryan Giggs is much better player these days since he's "slowed" down. His passing and crossing game is much better.

No way, When Giggs started at United him and Mark Hughes/Brian McClair up front. Giggs was amazing. Then they moved him out on the wing and he was still amazing. And now years later he again is still amazing and can still outrun most.

I think its time to accept that Sven got the best from an average england team.

ITV scores in FA Cup rights fight

ITV and Irish broadcaster Setanta have secured the rights to show the FA Cup and England home internationals in a £425m four-year deal.

The Football Association confirmed the deal, beginning in August 2008, saying that it was "delighted" at the outcome.

The deal is a substantial increase from the current £300m rights deal held jointly by the BBC and BSkyB.

Snatching the FA Cup and England rights is a major coup for ITV and its executive chairman Michael Grade.

The BBC and BSkyB have held the FA Cup rights since 2001.

'Sporting highlight'

Mr Grade made boosting ITV's coverage of live sporting events a priority when he left the BBC to join ITV in December.

ITV already has the terrestrial rights to the Champion's League, which it shares with BSkyB.

Mr Grade hailed the agreement - through which ITV will show England home internationals exclusively and about 16 FA Cup matches a year - as a "great deal".

"ITV is pleased to be returning both the FA Cup and England games to our viewers and advertisers," he said. "Our position is now substantially enhanced as the leading terrestrial free-to-air sports broadcaster."

As well as live coverage, the deal encompasses highlights via video-on-demand and goal clips sent to mobile phones.

FA chief executive Brian Barwick, a former BBC and ITV executive, said the winning bidders had shown "innovative ideas" and a "commitment to help promote all sectors of the game".

Pay-TV battle

BSkyB and Setanta, which will have exclusive pay-TV coverage of the FA Cup under the new deal, are involved in an increasingly fierce battle for pay-per-view sports rights.

Setanta Sports said it would be showing 25 FA Cup matches a year as well as eight England friendlies over the lifetime of the contract.

"The FA Cup is a great highlight in the English football calendar and an excellent addition to the Setanta line-up," said Trevor East, Setanta Sport's director of sport.

Last year the Irish broadcaster secured a six-year deal to televise the PGA golf tour featuring 40 leading tournaments, rights previously held by Sky.

BSkyB and Setanta won a £1.7bn auction to screen Premiership games last year.

The decision leaves the BBC without any live domestic football coverage, although it has the rights to Premiership highlights until 2010.

"Whenever we bid for a contract, we have to bear in mind the interests of licence-fee payers and we always have to seek value for money," the BBC said in a statement.

WHAT ITV WILL SHOW

FA Cup live coverage

FA Cup highlights

England home internationals

England away friendlies

FA Women's Cup Final

WHAT SETANTA WILL SHOW

FA Cup live coverage

England home friendlies

England women's internationals

England Under-21 matches

Community Shield

Youth Cup

FA Trophy

FA Vase

This sucks - I hate the live football on ITV, people may complain about some of the BBC's pundits but it's nothing compared to Robbie fucking Earl!

Source: BBC Sport | Football

Big game for Leeds United tonight. Preston NE are striving for promotion and we're struggling to stay afloat.

If we don't win tonight we're as good as gone....

I seem to remember the last big TV deal ITV struck sent their digital arm down the drain and now they're risking it again?

Eurgh, ITV is awful, plus you have annoying adverts.

BBC is sometimes dull but it's generally good, easy viewing. ITV is just tedious, with no name pundits, unlike the BBC, who have the legend that is Ian Wright.

I'm not to arsed about the ITV thing more the Setanta thing they can fuck off if they think i'm paying £15 a month for their shitty channel.

Thats why u need to use the wonders of internet to see all ur matches!!

What a win for us tonight, which means we are still in with a chance of avoiding the drop and Healy is on fire.

What a win for us tonight, which means we are still in with a chance of avoiding the drop and Healy is on fire.

Quoted for the mutha-fuckin truth!

What an ending!

:yay: :yay:

No way, When Giggs started at United him and Mark Hughes/Brian McClair up front. Giggs was amazing. Then they moved him out on the wing and he was still amazing. And now years later he again is still amazing and can still outrun most.

He's still got plenty of pace, there's no denying that. But, I think he's evolved beyond just pace, his passing game overall has just gone from strength to strength. The younger Giggs would run through defences, but the Giggs of now looks for killer passes, and if there's a good running opportunity he'll spot it first. His overall awareness is just second to none.

And booooo at ITV getting the rights for the FA Cup. Can't believe it, the FA Cup and BBC go hand in hand. It's like humans and sex...you can't just take away one. Although, animals can have sex, so sex isn't just strictly for humans, but that's besides the point.

ITV coverage is the worst......I hate it so much.

I agree.

Shittest pundits, shitty adverts, shitty U2 intro..

Screw the England games, i care not about them. Its the FA Cup, like Flinky said, BBC and FA Cup go hand in hand. The MoTD theme tune, the commentators, the whole coverage, suits them down to a tee. Tradition is greater than money.