NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Missing a lot of first team defensive players, reduced to 10 men from midway through first half, and come away with a 2-1 result and then to play at home next week. Wouldn't consider that a poor performance.

Chelsea couldn't of been that much better getting a 1-1 at home.

Word! :)

I absolutely blew the house down when Rooney scored.

We were unlucky to concede the second, but the main thing was getting the away goal. I'd rather take the 2-1 than the 1-0.

So, we're taking an away goal back to old trafford, that's ok. I wish it could have been more, but aw well. Scholes was a complete idiot to get himself sent off like that. He can tackle really well, but when he does these pointless fouls, he really makes me hate him. Grrrr.

Word! :)

I absolutely blew the house down when Rooney scored.

We were unlucky to concede the second, but the main thing was getting the away goal. I'd rather take the 2-1 than the 1-0.

So, we're taking an away goal back to old trafford, that's ok. I wish it could have been more, but aw well. Scholes was a complete idiot to get himself sent off like that. He can tackle really well, but when he does these pointless fouls, he really makes me hate him. Grrrr.

De-nile? anybody?

nile7.jpg

Haha, my brother said to me earlier "he can't tackle, what are you on about?"

I believe he can. 90% of the time, however, Scholes is reckless, and that is why he earns so many yellow and red cards.

Scholes is by the worst tackler I have seen. I'm surprised he goes in for any because the outcome is always the other player injured/fake injured to get him booked but it looks nasty enough anyway to get him booked.

Carrick on the other hand is getting higher in my books. He only goes in for challenges he knows he can win, plus some of his crosses are immense.

Some of the long kicks he does I can only dream of doing.

Loved the Chelsea game, especially the first half. Both sides reeked of top-notch football.

Scholes is by the worst tackler I have seen. I'm surprised he goes in for any because the outcome is always the other player injured/fake injured to get him booked but it looks nasty enough anyway to get him booked.

Carrick on the other hand is getting higher in my books. He only goes in for challenges he knows he can win, plus some of his crosses are immense.

Some of the long kicks he does I can only dream of doing.

I agree with you about Carrick. An awesome buy, I really love having him in our squad. :)

Scholes though, if he wasn't as reckless, he would be a so much better player.

i'm sorry Fierce, but he can't tackle for shit lol. You should have heard the commentators on BBC radio 5 live; they agreed with me.

I agree with you about Carrick. An awesome buy, I really love having him in our squad. :)

Scholes though, if he wasn't as reckless, he would be a so much better player.

If Scholes just practised more on his tackles. And not getting aggitated and actually swinging at the player...:indeed: ...then he could be the next Keane.

If Scholes just practised more on his tackles. And not getting aggitated and actually swinging at the player...:indeed: ...then he could be the next Keane.

It might be a little late in his career to do that don't you think?

It might be a little late in his career to do that don't you think?

True, with all his injuries and stuff I dont think he'll last longer than another 6/7 years. He had that eye injury didnt he? Something like that wont just dissapear.

now Man U have to be careful and not fall into the trap that Lyon did and underestimate Roma at Old Trafford, because if too many are caught going forward then Roma have very good forwards who could punish them.

As soon as he got the first yellow Ferguson should have taken him off, it was blatant what would happen next. It was very irresponsible of Scholes, the Roma player was facing his own goal and he was in his own half and then Scholes take his legs for no reason.

He fully deserved red and hopefully it has taught him a lesson (which i very much doubt). With a player of his experience you'd have thought that he had learnt not to do that by now. Basically he put Manu in the shit and virtually wrote off any chance of us winning the game. Its just as well that we defended well.

I still think we'll crush them in the Theatre of Dreams

Question: Was Carrick worth the money then?

So much talk was made when we bought him about it i would like to know your opinions now.

Question: Was Carrick worth the money then?

So much talk was made when we bought him about it i would like to know your opinions now.

I've always supported the guy, he seems to get quite a look of stick...which I don't think is fair, as he always performs well. Can't remember the last time where he played and I thought "my god, he's shit!"

He's silent, stealthy, but he gets the job done and adds stability. We've really missed having someone in midfield, other than Scholes, who can provide a killer pass. Carrick can do that. He's starting to get into more dangerous positions and looks like scoring now. Park, as well.

I'm very, very excited about our midfield. Giggs, Carrick, Scholes and Ronaldo, with also the option to bring Park, Fletcher, O'shea and others into that midfield is excellent. Our midfield and defence have been pure class this season, and look what a different it is made.

As for Roma, we needed that away goal, and we got it. We lost the match, but we're still very much in this game, I feel. I think being at home as well will give us a boost, we shall see.

Carrick has been good for United but I still think £18 million is far too much....he's a decent player but the fact that he's English pushed his price through the roof.

On the other hand, Mascherano to Liverpool was a great move by Benitez. He is the same type of player as Carrick (better IMO) and was snapped up for £10 million....plus he's still pretty young too (younger than Carrick as well).

Hope we can take an away goal back to White Hart Lane today. Will be a tough match for the lads.

Carrick has been good for United but I still think £18 million is far too much....he's a decent player but the fact that he's English pushed his price through the roof.

On the other hand, Mascherano to Liverpool was a great move by Benitez. He is the same type of player as Carrick (better IMO) and was snapped up for £10 million....plus he's still pretty young too (younger than Carrick as well).

English players are always over-valued, that's the way of the world now. It's always why so many managers now look abroad. It's a shame, as ultimately the players themselves suffer, and instead of getting praised for the way they play, they get criticised for "not living up to the price tag."

I do like Mascherano, and I think he's found himself in a good team at Liverpool. On the whole, I prefer Carrick, but they're both great players. I think they've both got promising futures, too.

Tottenham, tonight. I enjoy watching them, so can't wait for the game.

Tottenham, tonight. I enjoy watching them, so can't wait for the game.

Finally we are seeing the football we know Spurs can produce. Early in the season when our new players were settling in, we were a bit edgy. But now we've hit full stride and we're playing controlled, exciting, fast-tempo football. It's been a long time coming, but me thinks we are ready to challenge for fourth next season. I know many people will disagree, but I think we have a chance...:heh:

I gotta admit that the footy Spurs are playing right now is pretty damn good......and this is coming from an Arsenal supporter...

It seems as if the playing styles of Arsenal and Spurs have switched....temporarily.:grin: :grin:

We'll be back to our best soon......:hmm::grin:

Another week, another round of mass football violence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6528049.stm

It's getting to the point of being funny now.

"This is the sort of thing that happens in the ground every week but is not reported" - Even better!!

Happens quite a lot in Italy. I sorta expected it, feckin' Ultras.

It won't be funny if another policeman, or a fan, gets killed.

What like a few weeks ago where a policeman got killed a at a football game?

Simple as this, international football is disgraceful and corrupt.

It seems as if the playing styles of Arsenal and Spurs have switched....temporarily.:grin: :grin:

Watch it!.:indeed::smile:

Next season will be really interesting. I hope we get quick out of the blocks.

That footie violence was terrible. Apparantly, some of the Roma fans were taunting the United fans after they scored, and some of the United fans reacted. Should've have done that, it would've been much simpler to just let it slide.

Horrible images, though. Aggressive police at it's 'finest'.