NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Personally I'd like Chelsea to buy a whole new team :P except cech in goal, terry and carvalho in defense, and lmapard, cole and essien in midfield. Maybe keep drogba because hes funny to watch.

Personally I'd like Chelsea to buy a whole new team :P except cech in goal, terry and carvalho in defense, and lmapard, cole and essien in midfield. Maybe keep drogba because hes funny to watch.

That's been the problem with Chelsea. They have tried to create a whole new team.

Your foundations are fine. Don't go changing the team completely.

The problem with that is that when teams have an out and out striker, they tend to rely on them too much.

Look at United's goal difference, we really don;t need a striker. Having the talent we have an out and out striker is not a necessity. The place we need strengthing is the defence. We're the best attacking team in the Premiership.

Look at United's goal difference, we really don;t need a striker. Having the talent we have an out and out striker is not a necessity. The place we need strengthing is the defence. We're the best attacking team in the Premiership.

It is true...look at Chelsea for all their talent across the pitch and players who can score when Drogba is missing they really struggle to find an outlet for all their creativity, such is their reliance on him. Yet Man Utd don't rely on this single outlet and as such score more goals...

It is true...look at Chelsea for all their talent across the pitch and players who can score when Drogba is missing they really struggle to find an outlet for all their creativity, such is their reliance on him. Yet Man Utd don't rely on this single outlet and as such score more goals...

Yes, Chelsea do rely on Drogba, and another good example of this is how Arsenal relied on Henry. When Henry wasn't on the pitch Arsenal never really looked as threatening.

I always think teams that are based around one 'super' striker really leave themselves open to major disaster.

I remember when Saha got injured and Larson went back to Sweden pundits were predicting major trouble for United and there was talk of a striker's crisis. This never materialised.

As a gooner, I think defensive problems have been the main problem. People might say scoring goals but the stats don't lie when they say that we are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. When we have a fit Henry and RVP next season, we will be fine upfront. You take out the 2 main strikers from any team and they will struggle.

As mentioned before, its only recently that our first team back four have been playing together, so I'm not surprised that we have been leaking goals. Its very frustrating always going a goal down first but we always come back well. I really hope next season that some of these problems are addressed cos this season has been very disappointing as well as immensely frustrating.

Wouldn't mind a new keeper and a winger. Other than that we are sorted.

BTW congratulations to Man United. Deserved champions.

As a gooner, I think defensive problems have been the main problem. People might say scoring goals but the stats don't lie when they say that we are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. When we have a fit Henry and RVP next season, we will be fine upfront. You take out the 2 main strikers from any team and they will struggle.

As mentioned before, its only recently that our first team back four have been playing together, so I'm not surprised that we have been leaking goals. Its very frustrating always going a goal down first but we always come back well. I really hope next season that some of these problems are addressed cos this season has been very disappointing as well as immensely frustrating.

Wouldn't mind a new keeper and a winger. Other than that we are sorted.

BTW congratulations to Man United. Deserved champions.

Totally agree

Well the crazy transfer merry go round is about to start again here are some of the players I have read pompey linked with in the last 24 hours:

Kepa (West Ham loanee)

Diawara (Charlton)

Shittu (Watford)

Defoe (Spurs)

Bramble (Newcastle)

Yakubu (Middlesboro)

Viduka (Middlesboro)

Tevez (West Ham)

Ashton (West Ham)

Rolando Bianchi (Reggina)

I mean some of these are complete fantasy...Tevez?!!!

Yakubu AND Viduka linked to Pompey?

Dream on. :D

Well Viduka is available on a free so thats possible,but then they wouldn't let Yak leave as well....but he may move on seem as he went to Middlesboro to play in europe and they aren't gonna be getting back in there again for awile...

Yes, Chelsea do rely on Drogba, and another good example of this is how Arsenal relied on Henry. When Henry wasn't on the pitch Arsenal never really looked as threatening.

I always think teams that are based around one 'super' striker really leave themselves open to major disaster.

I remember when Saha got injured and Larson went back to Sweden pundits were predicting major trouble for United and there was talk of a striker's crisis. This never materialised.

I see the probleam in Saha geting injured too often, I think we should let him go and give Rossi and Dong a try. Or even get a striker, now that Charlton are relagated Darren Bent is good enough imo

I have just got home from the Valley.

Although im not a Charlton fan it was very sad at the end but the fans were amazing. Never stopped singing and in the end were singing "always look on the bright side of life"

The team didnt really do much to be honest and I think Spurs deserved the win but over all it's been a good relegation battle.

The players came back out at the end and went round and applauded the fans and threw their shirts in the crowd etc. Shame they gone down but im sure they will come back up.

I see the probleam in Saha geting injured too often, I think we should let him go and give Rossi and Dong a try. Or even get a striker, now that Charlton are relagated Darren Bent is good enough imo

Maybe a new striker is the way forward. I really don;t know who I'd pick. If I had a free choice of anyone in the world, it'd be Henry. I'm sure someone will come up with a better striker, but I just think his magnificent style of play would gell very well with Rooney and Ronaldo, plus he has a lot of experience, the kind that is needed in big European clashes.

hahahah quit dreaming, henry signing to manchester united is like fergie and jose switching positions as managers...

I know, but I think he'd shine very brightly with that kind of attacking squad.

Shame about Charlton, excellent club, great fans and always good day out

Always thought their fans were utterly crap to be honest.

Maybe a new striker is the way forward. I really don;t know who I'd pick. If I had a free choice of anyone in the world, it'd be Henry. I'm sure someone will come up with a better striker, but I just think his magnificent style of play would gell very well with Rooney and Ronaldo, plus he has a lot of experience, the kind that is needed in big European clashes.

Berbatov - he would compliment Rooney perfectly! He's a class act, really is!

...I just wouldn't want to see it happen as I'm a Chelsea fan! United's forward line-up would be unreal with Berbatov in there!

I'd love him at Chelsea, Drogba and Berbatov would be a fantastic combination!

Despite Charlton being a London club, I did feel a pang of sadness to see them get relegated, they have great fans and some good players. Here's hoping they come back up at first attempt.

I must thank Sheffield United for waiting to give their worst performance this season until they came to Villa Park. There was a fantastic atmosphere at the ground, and to be sitting on The Famous Holte End singing "There's Only One Randy Lerner!" with the other 40,000 Villa fans, is something I won't forget in a hurry. Plus I got a free scarf with the new Villa emblem on.

£81 well spent, definitely. :smile:

i cant see spurs getting rid of berbatov tbh, but yeah he wud definetly fit into r team nicely...

Martin Jol has come out today and said he is not for sale at all...

Utd dont need another striker what they need are defenders. ones who can actually defend.

As for liverpool we need 1 top class striker (Eto) and then things will happen.

Nah I think United need a new RB at first. Gary Neville is getting on a bit and is getting injured more.....those 3 players that Sir Alex was talking about getting in the summer (IMO) are gonna be:

Micah Richards

Owen Hargreaves

Defoe/Berbatov/D.Bent

As for us gooners, give us Ribery/Babel and Gordon/any decent keeper, and I'm happy.

i tell you what i wouldnt mind defoe at liverpool. so who will be the last to go down? i think it will be shefield utd. (replace think with hope)

i tell you what i wouldnt mind defoe at liverpool. so who will be the last to go down? i think it will be sheffield utd. (replace think with hope)

nah wigan, it's Sheff Utd - Wigan and I've been to see the blades a few times at home this year, I'm at uni in Sheffield and my dad supports them. I just can't see Wigan beating them..plus even if they did, West Ham would have to beat Man Utd or draw for Sheff Utd to go down...otherwise if Wigan won, it would likely be West Ham, of course goal difference will have some impact...

Table according to me:

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Tottenham

7. Portsmouth

8. Bolton

9. Reading

10. Blackburn

11. Aston Villa

12. Middlesboro

13. Newcastle

14. Man City

15. Fulham

16. Sheff Utd

17. West Ham

18. Wigan

19. Charlton

20. Watford

I actually wouldn't really like Defoe at Liverpool (if we''re talking about Tottenham players, I would actually prefer Robbie Keane!)

I think we need someone up front, but I'm not sure who (don't honestly think Voronin will make a huge difference)

I have been saying to myself for a while I don't think we need/want Owen back but lately I have just felt that if we had a fully fit Michael Owen back at Anfield, he's probably exacltly the type of player we need.

And if Harry Kewell can get in a good pre-season, that's like having a new signing. It'll be great to have him back! (Though Rafa hasn't ruled him out of the Champions League Final!)