N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us want you banned, Its just that this being a 'geeky' forum most people here are quite intellectual and dislike slouchy typing.

Never say soccer!!! Unless you're name is David and you've gone to play football to a lower standard than you're capable of.

Nah, it could have gone either way. Chelsea came close quite a lot too with kalou's shot saved and joe cole being marginally offside.

Fair result overall.

I see we have a comedian in the house. :P :)

The man was a good metre offside. I agree the game could've gone either way, but Arsenal should've won.

Stop moaning over something so stupid....... Oh no he said I type like a 13 year old girl wahhhhh....... Seriously it's stupid.

Arsenal, really should have won today and Eboue's shot at the end really represented the rest of the season for us.

What Arsenal lack is concentration most of the time, they play teams off the park and then get pegged back at the last minute because of a stupid mistake. This is also backed by a serious lack of goals, but, Van P and Henry are bound to fix that next season.

I also have high hopes for our midfield next season assuming they actually manage to stay fit for more then 3 games at a time. Fabre and Gilberto are the only consistent midfielders we've had this year due to injury. :-/ I also think in some situations there really is an arguement for playing Justin Hoyte in a right back position with Eboue in midfield, he really does give us quite a strong attacking presence down the wing.

Our record against the top 3 isn't bad;

Yup, Arsenal have the most points out of the top 4 in games agaisnt the top four.... Arsenal have 11 with ManU in second with 7..... It's against the lesser teams we lack something, it's been said a lot, but, it's obviously down to a lack of maturity in Arsenal's team and whilst it's asking a lot, some of our younger players need to grow up fast.

Anyone know if Alan Smith earned enough caps to get a medal?

Apparently not. When I was watching the Man city vs Man Utd game they stated that he will just fall short and wont get medal.

Dunno if that is true? cos Andy Gray does come out with a lot of crap sometimes. Be a shame if he didnt get a medal as he has played amazingly in the past few games.

Just got in after an awesome night out. I went past a pub earlier, popped my head through the door and shouted "wohoo" when I saw what the score was, haha. (it was 1-0 to Arsenal at that point.)

Oh yes, this just rounds off an amazing day. We've actually won the title...can't believe it. :D

Apparently not. When I was watching the Man city vs Man Utd game they stated that he will just fall short and wont get medal.

Dunno if that is true? cos Andy Gray does come out with a lot of crap sometimes. Be a shame if he didnt get a medal as he has played amazingly in the past few games.

well according to skysports.com he's only made 4 starts and 3 sub appearances in the league, which will leave him 1 short of a medal if he plays the last 2 games

well according to skysports.com he's only made 4 starts and 3 sub appearances in the league, which will leave him 1 short of a medal if he plays the last 2 games

There you go then. So to answer the original persons question: No he wont get a medal.

Problem with Arsenal: No Patrick Viera replacement.

No thats really not their problem. Its that they create a billion chances yet dont score enough of them.

Edit: Gilberto and Cesc has been one of the most succesful midfield partnerships this year.

No thats really not their problem. Its that they create a billion chances yet dont score enough of them.

Edit: Gilberto and Cesc has been one of the most succesful midfield partnerships this year.

The problem is, none of them shoot, they think they can still pass the ball in the net like they used to do...

But without Henry, Ljunberg being injured, and of course Pires having left the club, they have lost that attacking influence. The quality that can literally pass the ball in the net.

Arsenal where A joy to watch during that 49 game un-beaten run, having said that, they still are a joy to watch sometimes, yet none of them have the quality of Henry, Ljunberg and Pires to do what them three did during that season.

It is fustrating in my eyes to see one of the most exciting teams in Europe fizzle out into a bag of mediocrity and fustration.

Wenger though has a knack for spotting and creating talent, and over the next few seasons I reckon we will see Arsenal back to their best...

They have some cracking players coming through, and Wenger is the right man to turn them into World Beaters.

Mourinho is a good manager, but he ain't no Fergie. He's certainly not the legend some people like to think he is, for the money he has had at his disposal and the team sheet he's under achieved. Chelsea have failed to win the Champions League, so far under Jose they've only won two premiership titles and two league cups. That's a good tally for most teams, but I would wager had Arsene Wenger or Benitez been gifted with the cash that Mourinho has they'd have done the same or better.

They call him the special one, well I for one don;t think his achievements at Chelsea have been all that special.

hahahah so ban me ^^^ if u think cos i shorten a couple of words, im somehow less of an intellectual or valid member - then thats on ur back...

i call it being lazy, this is seriously the first board to complain so yeah like i said if its too much of a problem, ban me cos im not changing...

Just want to make it clear I wasn't trying to get you banned by quoting the rules...I was just pointing out to you that it wasn't just one member being picky it is actually the rules.

Anyway...don't wanna get into it, I was after all one of people who got sick of the last big arguement that raged between man utd and liverpool fans...

Back to what Ramar said about Arsenal, I agree mate they need to vary their play. Get some decent wingers in and a goal poacher to give them some variety. The problem with their wingers at the moment are that they will come in-field as much as they can, and whilst this may have been fine on the smaller Highbury pitch but at the Emirates i makes them seem like they are playing very narrow...

Plus get a goal poacher who will get in different kind of positions to Henry, Van Persie and Adebayor, they tried it before with Francis Jeffers as a "fox in the box" and that never paid off, but that kind of player is what they need. if teams are defending deep and Arsenal aren't breaking through chuck on the goal poacher and play them right up there with Adebayor to knock stuff down for them it will work a treat!

Mourinho is a good manager, but he ain't no Fergie. He's certainly not the legend some people like to think he is, for the money he has had at his disposal and the team sheet he's under achieved. Chelsea have failed to win the Champions League, so far under Jose they've only won two premiership titles and two league cups. That's a good tally for most teams, but I would wager had Arsene Wenger or Benitez been gifted with the cash that Mourinho has they'd have done the same or better.

They call him the special one, well I for one don;t think his achievements at Chelsea have been all that special.

Well said, Mourinho is just a broken record who lacks class and dignity in defeat. Fergie and Benitez have class that only Mourinho can dream about.

Benitez though now with George Gillete and Tom Hicks at the club will be able to really push the boat out to bring the title back to Liverpool after so many long years...

I fuggin love Benitez

Just want to make it clear I wasn't trying to get you banned by quoting the rules...I was just pointing out to you that it wasn't just one member being picky it is actually the rules.

Anyway...don't wanna get into it, I was after all one of people who got sick of the last big arguement that raged between man utd and liverpool fans...

Back to what Ramar said about Arsenal, I agree mate they need to vary their play. Get some decent wingers in and a goal poacher to give them some variety. The problem with their wingers at the moment are that they will come in-field as much as they can, and whilst this may have been fine on the smaller Highbury pitch but at the Emirates i makes them seem like they are playing very narrow...

Plus get a goal poacher who will get in different kind of positions to Henry, Van Persie and Adebayor, they tried it before with Francis Jeffers as a "fox in the box" and that never paid off, but that kind of player is what they need. if teams are defending deep and Arsenal aren't breaking through chuck on the goal poacher and play them right up there with Adebayor to knock stuff down for them it will work a treat!

You can now understand my fustrations reguarding that Argument, he is clue less and delusional, he should be banned from this thread to be honest he is just here to cause trouble..

Anyway back on topic, they do need a finisher thats for certain but you do need someone who isn't afraid to shoot outside the box, something which Arsenal never do, and if its fustrating for the neutral I feel sorry for the Arsenal Faithful!

Some genuine simpletons texting Sky Sports News "Shearer for manager!", "Shearer for chairman!" "Pearce with Shearer as his assistant" "Bring back Keegan" "Allerdyce isn't good enough, go for Mourinho/Hitzfeld/Ferguson/Jesus." Why do they choose these idiots to have their messages read out? It's the kind of thing Freddy bases his decisions on....

Some genuine simpletons texting Sky Sports News "Shearer for manager!", "Shearer for chairman!" "Pearce with Shearer as his assistant" "Bring back Keegan" "Allerdyce isn't good enough, go for Mourinho/Hitzfeld/Ferguson/Jesus." Why do they choose these idiots to have their messages read out? It's the kind of thing Freddy bases his decisions on....

Thinking with their hearts and not with their head...

Who do you personally want as manager?

I would make a claim for Gerrard Houllier, but can't see him leaving Lyon...

Though Freddy Shepard is an absolute idiot, feel sorry for you to have such a delusional media whore such as himself as chairman of your club!

I think Allerdyce will do for now - at least he's proven and would be effective, would also ship out all the crap backroom staff and hangers on.

I think big sam is Ovverated, but I'd imagine he is in the short list..

So you got

David O'Leary

Big Phil?

Big Sam

Pearce

Shearer

Keegan

Excuse the pun but I WOULD LOVE IT IF KEEGAN GOT THE JOB ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Don't think Keegan would take it, don't think the glory days would return if he did to be honest. I don't want Shearer as coach until he's proved himself elsewhere. He was a great player but that doesn't equal great manager - look at Souness. In fact, which managers in the premiership were great players? Hughes, Pearce... Who else?

Don't think Keegan would take it, don't think the glory days would return if he did to be honest. I don't want Shearer as coach until he's proved himself elsewhere. He was a great player but that doesn't equal great manager - look at Souness. In fact, which managers in the premiership were great players? Hughes, Pearce... Who else?

Souness is an arsehole...

It would be a bad move reguarding Shearer due to the fact, it would just be the heart talking not the head...

The club needs to rebuild from top to bottom and they need a powerful manager with strength...

Should of never have sacked Bobby Robson, who sadly has been diagnosed with cancer again....:(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!