Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the ability to out bid every other team in England.

But most of that money came from being successful. They really only started spending mega bucks after they'd been successful for a few seasons ans that was combined with one of the best youth programs football has ever seen to create a pretty strong force!

Its nothing like Chelsea who didn't have any success before they spent their mega bucks (which was a hell of a lot more than United's) and simply bought any player they wanted!

who we signed for big money? Yorke, Veron, Ruud and Rio....anymore?

Rooney, Carrick.

Veron was a waste of space. And we won the treble without the later three.

But seriously, I've always thought that the 'big' players for United have always been the likes of Scholes, Giggs, etc.

Cantona Scholes Giggs Beckam Carrick Rooney Vidic Rio Robson Charlton Hughes Neville Cole

MU best players imo, tell me if ive missed any

it looks like we may be signing owen hargreaves soon for just over the amount that we payed for Carrick.

2 defensive midfield players in our team though??? we need another scholes-like attacking player, but seeing as carrick is scoring goals at the mo maybe we could do with someone like hargreaves.

yeah but how many kids have broken through to the United first team since the team of Beckham, Neville, Scholes, etc

a quick look at Man Utd current squad shows they've spent over £100 million assembling it (Rio - £30m, Carrick - £16m, Rooney - £26m, Ronaldo - £12m, Saha - £12m and these are just the huge money ones)

yeah but how many kids have broken through to the United first team since the team of Beckham, Neville, Scholes, etc

a quick look at Man Utd current squad shows they've spent over £100 million assembling it (Rio - £30m, Carrick - £16m, Rooney - £26m, Ronaldo - £12m, Saha - £12m and these are just the huge money ones)

Yeah, but I think what a few of us are trying to say is that United had already seen plenty of success before the likes of Rooney or Ronaldo even signed for us. Of course, over the last few years we've gone money mad, but we were already in the driving seat by then.

Yeah, but I think what a few of us are trying to say is that United had already seen plenty of success before the likes of Rooney or Ronaldo even signed for us. Of course, over the last few years we've gone money mad, but we were already in the driving seat by then.

yea the treble season United signed Stam, Yorke THAT season ONLY...and the whole speanding now thats how football is to tell you the truth

Roy Keane cost over a million iirc which was a lot of money to spend on a player before the premiership and its TV Money came around. But anyway, I hope United win tonight because I want Charlton to stay up.

Edit: It also costs a hell of a lot of money to set up a youth Academy like United have. Most teams cannot afford to do it. Hell Arsenal had to sell Anelka to fund theres.

Every team buys some players, but not on the scale of Chelsea. And Man U made their money from success and winning titles, not from a wealthy benefactor.

Chelsea has no budget, Mourinho has had everything he wanted, yeah he's a great manager, but it's not hard to be when you have simply bought up every great player and have effectively got two first teams.

Well tbh, alot of United's big players over the years that have really starred under Sir Alex for quite a few seasons are Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham. None of em really cost that much did they :P

It's a shame that the young players coming up at Man u atm aren't of that quality.

Well tbh, alot of United's big players over the years that have really starred under Sir Alex for quite a few seasons are Neville, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham. None of em really cost that much did they :P

It's a shame that the young players coming up at Man u atm aren't of that quality.

I think we have some quality youngsters.

Guest Stefkov

I was so giddy in the first 10 minutes. Some great play by United.

Then the rest of the haf died down, all those fouls.

Hope the second half is as good as the first.

And it was. Superb game.

I was so giddy in the first 10 minutes. Some great play by United.

Then the rest of the haf died down, all those fouls.

Hope the second half is as good as the first.

Listened to it on the radio, it was a bit of a poor match, but a 2-0 win is good enough for me. only five games left to play.

I'm just glad that a lot of our players are versatile and we can chop and change things if need be. I like Darren Fletcher, but I couldn't imagine playing him in that position. But, it paid off, with a clean sheet as well, so I guess it works.

I just hope we suffer no more defensive injuries. We can definitely score goals, but I just hope we don't start leaking too many.

It never really looked like we were going to lose that game, but there were some dodgy moments that if the strikers had been good they would have been punished. That and there should have been a penalty against us.

However, we probably wouldve mustered something up if it did get close and both goals were good especially Rooneys.

Eugh I was going to go to the Emirates tonight for the first time in ages but couldn't. It's so damn annoying that it isn't on TV

You missed out on three spectacles.

1. Fabregas' screamer

2. Beast scoring a goal

3. Me winning a bet! Got myself £30, I bet £3 on Arsenal to win 3-1. (odds were 9/1).

Good game. Arsenal definitely returning to form.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!