NEurope
Stocka

NGC reborn! - NGamer

i wish they would stop putting Mario on the cover of nintendo magazines, all they do is change what hes doing but yet hes still on the cover doing something new... grrr something new yah and the logo is pretty basic

I like the look of it.

4.99 but with a DVD and extra free gift every issue.

Niiice.

Can't wait for it, thought they said it would be out June 29th?

conzer, theres not much problem finding the Official Nintendo Magazine here and strictly speaking I find myself living in Ireland. However my side still works in pounds and is commonly known as Northern Ireland whereas I think you mean you have problems getting it in the Republic of Ireland?

I might get the first issue of this but I been getting the Official mag since its relaunch and I dont think with having the web theres any need for buying the both!

I might get the first issue of this but I been getting the Official mag since its relaunch and I dont think with having the web theres any need for buying the both!

true i had been buying NGC since its first issue as NGC up until about a year ago-just when the mag started to get thinner and thinner. i might look in to see what the new design is like but only if it has a similar amount of content as the official mag-theres no way im going to be buying a mag of just 80 pages and a DVD-ROM for 5 quid- id rather GamesTM and a cornetto thanks . . . mmmm cornettoooooooooooo :p

conzer, theres not much problem finding the Official Nintendo Magazine here and strictly speaking I find myself living in Ireland. However my side still works in pounds and is commonly known as Northern Ireland whereas I think you mean you have problems getting it in the Republic of Ireland?

Apologies. If you want to be political about it....

ONM is unavailable to us in the Republic without a subscription.

Yeah don't like that Logo too much myself or the price point. Surly the last thing any gaming magazine wants to do is raise its price when less and less people are buying magazines.

Doesn't it say behind Mario, "World's Largest Nintendo Magazine"? Back to form, like it used to be! I love you NGC/Ngamer team!

Looks very good so far. I'll definately buy the first issue but I doubt I'll continue to get it, it depends on how good it actually is. If its as good as the old days of N64 and NGC, then I might consider but tbh I think my Games TM subscription as well as the internet will do me fine.

The things that put me off subscribing to it is the fact that the price is £5!!!! Bloody hell!!! That is alot for an unofficial mag with no sort of demo disks as ONM is most likely to get them.

It will have to be extremely well written and have loads of unique features for me to actually subscribe to it.

We'll see....

To be honest, I'd be surprised if this sold well with a £5 price point. I'm not really interested in DVDs, as I can watch videos online, and anyway, I don't like spoiling games by watching too many gameplay videos.

This could be the right opportunity for another magazine company like Emap or Uncooked to publish a more affordable rival magazine..

Ashame it isn't comming out the end of this month so I can buy it at the airport for my flight n stuff.

DVD Rom? that mean i cant play it in my normal DVD player? oh and £5 that is a bit much... as the offical mag ONM is £3.99 and its good ... very good infact.

After NGC's slow progression, and my increasing desire for more intelligent writing, I only bought those final, spine-less (literally and metaphorically) issues out of an act of loyalty to the brand I'd started buying 4 years ago, when I was a much younger lad.

Now, I'm moving onto pastures new and intelligent. I find myself bored by articles in one platform magazines, offering barely anything different to what you can get online.

Edge and GamesTM differ in that they have quality writers and insightful features that are unattainable online.

I suppose it's a natural progression. Many people when younger have to be on either one side or the other, calling the opposition names, and refusing to buy their products because of their brand.

I notice a lot of people who feel this way about Sony on these boards, proudly proclaiming themselves to be "Sony hateboys", saying how they won't buy the Playstation 3 because they hate Sony, not for a sensible reason such as the price.

These people, quite frankly, are morons. They miss out on superb games, like those who refrained from buying a PS2 because they didn't want to be disloyal to Nintendo (on that note, what the fuck? Nintendo isn't your family for Christ sakes) Those unfortunate misguided souls have missed out on titles such as Guitar Hero, Ico, Metal Gear Solid, and a plethora of great RPGs, just because they are too blind to be balanced, and enjoy the services both (or in this case 3) sides have to offer. Instead trying to condemn others for owning these consoles, one reason I from the multitude availale is that "PS2s are for the chavs that like GTA"

These people instead to prefer to suck at the propaganderous teat of single format magazines, who constantly make comparisons to other consoles, claiming how their version is better and how you don't need opposition consoles and how their backed console is going to rule the next gen. These people, who buy such magazines, are quite frankly, it is pathetic.

Although it is understand when at a younger, more ignorant state. I myself was a sufferer of this accursed disease that the majority of young people seem to catch, and, looking back, I cannot believe my foolishness in rejecting consoles simply because I disliked the company. Ridiculous.

Anywho, rant over. :wink:

I tried to get the last NGC due to loyalty for them,but no where near me had it in.I was devisted but i'm over that dark period now :(

Don't forget Shadow of the Colossus and Jak and Daxter (the original, not the bloody 'mature' gun wielding sequels grrrrr) Laguna (Are you a fan of FF8?).

I agree though, people should not be too attached to a certain videogames company, games are there to be enjoyed therefore people should try all consoles.

Hopefully one day videogames will be a fully accessable medium like books.

I agree though, people should not be too attached to a certain videogames company, games are there to be enjoyed therefore people should try all consoles.

Hopefully one day videogames will be a fully accessable medium like books.

Indeed, which seems to be akin to Nintendo's "Blue Ocean" strategy.

I also agree with your point, that videogames are there to be enjoyed. Too many people become bogged down in such matters like "the state of the industry" or "the next-gen rulers" or "who has the faster processor."

People just need to let go, and play games for the reason why they started playing games in the first place. For fun. Not out of brand alliance, or anything else. Just fun and enjoyment.

Though it's perfectly alright to refer to the Republic of Ireland as Ireland because it's the state's official name (as well as éire). Just saying is all =P

The cover reminds me of the old NOM. Though I do see how the title and possibly cover art can be unappealing towards more "mature" players. Hopefully they don't do what NOM did and put Pokémon on the cover so often. >_>

I'll have to check it out, that is if the local newagent stocks them. They tend to only stock the Official mag (when we could get it), and on an occasion they stocked Cube.

conzer and gigaplay: Im just saying that Im from Ireland and the mags are readily available ;) no hard feelings though chaps!

Great...apart from the price, and I will never....ever use the DVD...ever, the net is so much better for finding video's etc.

NGamer is an already existing magazine :/ Ah well, at least in Holland it is.

4460f9af922e0cover22006.JPG

Yeh, Dutch NGamer is a brilliant magazine, one of the best gaming mags in the Netherlands. It's a lot cheaper too (only three quid converted I believe).

Now, I'm moving onto pastures new and intelligent. I find myself bored by articles in one platform magazines, offering barely anything different to what you can get online.

Edge and GamesTM differ in that they have quality writers and insightful features that are unattainable online.

I suppose it's a natural progression. Many people when younger have to be on either one side or the other, calling the opposition names, and refusing to buy their products because of their brand.

That is exactly how I feel and what I actually went through in my younger days as a gamer. I was getting magazines like PSM2, Cube, NOM (it was very crap a couple of years ago) and Gamesmaster. Now I think I've moved on, just as you said in your post, and thoroughly enjoying my subscription to Games TM.

There hasn't been a single readable issue since Wil Overton left and you all know it. The Super Play golden years died a long long time ago and it's painful to see the trainwreck that the magazine has become instead of letting it die a natural death.

I notice a lot of people who feel this way about Sony on these boards, proudly proclaiming themselves to be "Sony hateboys", saying how they won't buy the Playstation 3 because they hate Sony, not for a sensible reason such as the price.

These people, quite frankly, are morons. They miss out on superb games, like those who refrained from buying a PS2 because they didn't want to be disloyal to Nintendo (on that note, what the fuck? Nintendo isn't your family for Christ sakes) Those unfortunate misguided souls have missed out on titles such as Guitar Hero, Ico, Metal Gear Solid, and a plethora of great RPGs, just because they are too blind to be balanced, and enjoy the services both (or in this case 3) sides have to offer. Instead trying to condemn others for owning these consoles, one reason I from the multitude availale is that "PS2s are for the chavs that like GTA"

These people instead to prefer to suck at the propaganderous teat of single format magazines, who constantly make comparisons to other consoles, claiming how their version is better and how you don't need opposition consoles and how their backed console is going to rule the next gen. These people, who buy such magazines, are quite frankly, it is pathetic.

Although it is understand when at a younger, more ignorant state. I myself was a sufferer of this accursed disease that the majority of young people seem to catch, and, looking back, I cannot believe my foolishness in rejecting consoles simply because I disliked the company. Ridiculous.

Anywho, rant over. :wink:

If you have the time and the money to waste on buying three consoles and a shedload of games, then that's fair enough, but a lot of people, myself included, do not. I enjoy a wide variety of games, but Nintendo games such as Mario and Zelda are my favourites, so I own only Nintendo consoles, and a large proportion of my videogame spending is on first party titles. I buy single format magazines as they keep me best informed. I'm sorry, but this does not make me a fanboy, and certainly not a moron. Perhaps when your grow up a bit more (you're 16 according to your profile), gain a social life and find other things to spend your time and money on, you will realise this.

Apologies if I read your argument wrong, but it was largely incomprehensible due to the your futile attempts to use big words and complex sentence structures in order to appear more intelligent than everyone else :rolleyes:

These people, quite frankly, are morons. They miss out on superb games, like those who refrained from buying a PS2 because they didn't want to be disloyal to Nintendo (on that note, what the fuck? Nintendo isn't your family for Christ sakes) Those unfortunate misguided souls have missed out on titles such as Guitar Hero, Ico, Metal Gear Solid, and a plethora of great RPGs, just because they are too blind to be balanced, and enjoy the services both (or in this case 3) sides have to offer. Instead trying to condemn others for owning these consoles, one reason I from the multitude availale is that "PS2s are for the chavs that like GTA".

Woah, that was exactly like me, when I was younger I was an N64 fan whilst everybody else had PlayStation's. It was me and one other lad who had N64's. And everybody ripped the piss out of me for having an N64.

Nowadays I have a GC, PS2 and Xbox because of the games, I'm no longer a Nintendo fanboy, although I still get stick for owning a GC, they don't care I have a PS2 & Xbox and am planning to get a 360. Just goes to show you that some people mature quicker than others.

Anyway, back on topic:

Yes. I'll definitely get NGamer. As I have every issue of NGC and most of N64. And so I hope that NGamer will more or less be the same as NGC.