N-Europe

what is your fav tales gme on nintendo system!

wat is your fav tos or top  

10 members have voted

1. 1. wat is your fav tos or top

• tales of symphonia
    • tales of phantasia
    • other tales game

Yeah, the stories (which are a major drawing point of any RPG) get tedious after a while. ALthough, my sis has completed Symphonia 7 times and she's on her 8th time through now, so it suppose it has it's appeal. I will certainly be getting tales of Tempest though.

Man...If there is a God in heaven please let us get Golden Sun for ds....

Yea the stoy is just soo cliched.

"once upon a time there was a big tree"

"collette ur the chosen one!" "i am?" "yes u r! and ur going to save the world!!" "oh goody!" "but i have a secret! if i regenerate the world i die! just like in ffX!" "oh really! i am sad!" "but i will try and save you because im the main character and im in love with you!"

Symphonia had a passable storyline, some genuinely likeable characters and a plight you came to care deeply about. Or at least I did. The best thing about it was the battle system combined with everything else to create a very delicious stew.

Then again, I don't play Final Fantasy games so I guess the cliched storyline doesn't apply to me and consequently ruin the game. In short? I win.

I've also played Tales of Eternia on the PSP, which is more of the same. I know it came out before Symphonia so it'll be less impressive technically, but the random battles are purely annoying and serve nothing good to the game at all. Fuck random battles.

Then again, I don't play Final Fantasy games so I guess the cliched storyline doesn't apply to me and consequently ruin the game. In short? I win.

No no, no, you lose. Just because you haven't experienced something better and are consequently able to appreciate something sub par doesn't mean you have it better off. And Symphonia wasn't the first RPG not to have random battles. That was Chrono Trigger.

No no, no, you lose. Just because you haven't experienced something better and are consequently able to appreciate something sub par doesn't mean you have it better off. And Symphonia wasn't the first RPG not to have random battles. That was Chrono Trigger.

Well in a way he does. In 3rdChildrens case ignorance is bliss. I would have probably liked the storyline of Tales better if I had not played FFX as alot of the stuff that happens in that game happens at the start of Tales. Seiing as he never experienced FFX this was the first time he saw such a story.

Ive not played Phantasia, but its on my list of games to get, dont worry about that. Hence seeing as Symphonia is the only Tales of game Ive played it gets my vote. I also havent played FFX so the story wasnt that bad for me... I heard from either a friend or read on here that the story only starts like FFX...? I could be wrong like.

Ive not played Phantasia, but its on my list of games to get, dont worry about that. Hence seeing as Symphonia is the only Tales of game Ive played it gets my vote. I also havent played FFX so the story wasnt that bad for me... I heard from either a friend or read on here that the story only starts like FFX...? I could be wrong like.

No your friend is right. It does start off like FFX but then the story changes as the game goes on.

i hate random battles.

did you guys know tales of phantasia was based on a book called "tale phantasia". i relly found tos had a very good story though top has a story that is not quite as good i dose answer some un answered questions from tos as it hapens way after tos and i relly doubt tales of the tempest will be conected to this story.