Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland

Nintenchris

Sell the fireworks to the Armorer guy, buys them for 34 rupees a piece so stock up on as many as possible and sell them.

I think you do need the recipes for cooking, but i'm not sure if you know how many items you need exactly then it might work on free cook, I've not tried Free Cook much.

and on that note, anyone know about the ninja guy? I wondered what those flapping bits where on the cliffs, pulled one down and a Ninja was hiding behind it o0

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and on that note, anyone know about the ninja guy? I wondered what those flapping bits where on the cliffs, pulled one down and a Ninja was hiding behind it o0

He is a roaming mercenary. You have to find him few times and, after that, if you find it again, you can recruit him for a huge amount of rupees. I have to find him again to recruit him but since it's random and I have no luck...

There's two others guys like him (the green guy from the first dungeon is one of them).

Can someone give me a hand with this game? I have just got to the 2nd island ( not continent ) and I just seem to be walking around in circles. Also I have very little cash and was wondering who I can sell Fireworks to as thats all I can make at the moment :)

Do you need to find the recipies before you can cook the dish? If not anyone care to throw some my way so I can get some moola together.

You can discover recipes for yourself, but it's not an easy thing to do. Plus most of the good stuff requires ingredients from later stages in the game, so knowing the recipe beforehand doesn't help as you won't be able to make them.

It definitely gets easier to make money the further you get, but in the early stages you need to be careful how you spend and keep an eye out for anything you can sell.

On the 2nd island (if it's the one I'm thinking of) you should be able to find pearls that can be sold to the jeweller in town, they reappear after a while too so there is an infinite amount.

Each area also has this weird ball thing with flashing eyes that you can tap on repeatedly to get some rupees, again after a while you can repeat the process.

And when you battle, try to move the smoke cloud into as many enemies as possible, the more you take on at once the more chance you have of earning rupees.

That’s about all I can think of really, make sure you do the side quests involving the people from town too, those are a good way of making moola.

I just tried the last boss: a perfect example of how drugs can cause an very enjoyable boss. I'll get my revenge now that I know how to avoid his attacks (among the weirdest and funniest I've ever seen in a game).
Can't wait to see it. I just did the boss on the mountain stage, and I've got well over 200,000 rupees now! Time to visit the tower. :smile:

Speaking of which, I love the little scenes with Uncle Rupee every time you raise the tower...

...The one where the cat scratches him across the face was hilarious, and the one with the hot chicks in the swimming pool! Great stuff.

:laughing:

...The one where the cat scratches him across the face was hilarious, and the one with the hot chicks in the swimming pool! Great stuff.

:laughing:

I'm starting to get a little suspicious about Uncle Rupee considering it's him that's benefiting from all my hard work :mad:

Need some help:

There's a guy in Steamy marsh that wants me too cook something, but I don't know how. Anyone know how to cook it?

Also where do you get those chips from?

I'm starting to get a little suspicious about Uncle Rupee considering it's him that's benefiting from all my hard work :mad:

I was very suspicious too

but now, I know I was right. Not a huge surprise but the way you discover it is the funniest moment of the game IMO.

For the recipe, just use:

4 of each.

I "cheated" too for this one since I didn't want to try every quantities.

Bah, still don't have this game. Emailed a store to ask if they'll get the game, but they haven't replied yet after three days. =(

I might have to go look around on ebay or something if the store isn't going to have the game. D:

Can't you just order it from Play.com? It's in stock and I'm pretty sure they ship to Belgium.

Need some help:

There's a guy in Steamy marsh that wants me too cook something, but I don't know how. Anyone know how to cook it?

Also where do you get those chips from?

You've just reminded me actually, I haven't done that one yet either. I remember that I was missing one of the ingredients so I decided to leave it for later, but I must have what's needed now as I'm on the 3rd continent.
:hmm:

Hmm... will check it out next time I play.

Do you mean the Triangle Chips? If so you need to dig them up after getting hold of the shovel, they occasionally get left behind after battles with certain enemies too.

Just beat the second boss, which was a fun fight, but then had to go around for ages looking for bones to make fireworks to sell before I could raise the tower again. That part was pretty annoying, but apart from that, the game's been great so far.

Is there any point in changing bodyguards just for the sake of it? The middle-sized one I've got at the moment is fine, and I don't know what benefit either the small or large ones would be.

Is there any point in changing bodyguards just for the sake of it? The middle-sized one I've got at the moment is fine, and I don't know what benefit either the small or large ones would be.

Small one's can fit in small gaps, medium one's can pick lock's and the large ones can move large rocks. You only need this skills for dungeons though.

Other obvious reasons are difference in hp, strength and defense. And hire costs.

I need to ask, what are the fireworks for?

I set one off next to an enemy and it did nothing.

To sell basically. I believe you use them in a side quest but I haven't found it yet myself.

Had a good session on this last night and beat...

[spoiler=]The Pirate Boss ala Punch-Out. Awesome fight!

Im assuming I have to raise the Tower again now, should be easier than last time as I have a few recipes that can bring some moola my way. Saying that I will probably go back into the last dungeon as there was a little hole for a small bodyguard and a locked door for another.

it just seems like too much of a grind the way some reviews complain about how everything costs money even trying to get info off people..
I reckon a lot of reviewers have truly misinterpreted the game though, I mean it's supposed to be tough to know when and how much to spend, the whole point is that you're experiencing Tingle's struggle to make money, if it was easy it would be completely unsatisfying. I think it's great that the game is so direct and brutal in that regard, makes for a really unique experience.

Obviously it's not going to be to everyone’s taste, but some reviews claim the game's rupee system is flawed, and it clearly isn't.

Would majorly ruin the game using that.

Be cool for a second play through though, see just how much you can make. :wink:

I reckon a lot of reviewers have truly misinterpreted the game though, I mean it's supposed to be tough to know when and how much to spend, the whole point is that you're experiencing Tingle's struggle to make money, if it was easy it would be completely unsatisfying. I think it's great that the game is so direct and brutal in that regard, makes for a really unique experience.

Obviously it's not going to be to everyone’s taste, but some reviews claim the game's rupee system is flawed, and it clearly isn't.

Would majorly ruin the game using that.

Be cool for a second play through though, see just how much you can make. :wink:

I can understand that point of view, and I'm not saying your wrong...BUT isn't that really just an excuse for a system that perhaps makes the game artificially harder/longer/complicated than it actually is? I mean the bartering for information off characters seems more complicated than it needs to be and also potentially wasteful...

But then yes I can understand your view that it is like lives in Tingle's world and attempt to get you in his money grabbing rip off mind set.... I know playing Devils Advocate a bit:heh:

Having said all that, whats the cheapest price in store that people have seen?

I don't see how the bartering system makes the game harder/longer/complicated. It isn't that hard to guess how much they are after. They do have a clue most of the time. If you talk to anyone in town it tells you how much they want, then double it. The only way it could make it longer is if you don't have enough rupees to progress, which, yes, is slightly annoying and you need to go farm items to sell/cook. I find the system balances out as often after you pay out for something you can make twice as much back from it.

I've completely enjoyed the game so far. Well worth my 25000 rupees :P

Cheapest I've seen in-store is £25 btw. Though I haven't hunted around.

isn't that really just an excuse for a system that perhaps makes the game artificially harder/longer/complicated than it actually is? I mean the bartering for information off characters seems more complicated than it needs to be and also potentially wasteful...
I don’t think it is no, it’s a necessary element in order to create the experience. And as Ike mentioned, sometimes you have a clue as to how much is needed.

There are actually many situations where there is very little risk involved in the negotiations, like hiring bodyguards for example, you pay a small amount of rupees before making an offer and then if it’s not enough you only lose the initial rupees. Also, when you’re being offered a reward (after completing certain tasks), you actually get several chances to name / adjust your price before the character you’re dealing with gets fed up and leaves you with only 1 rupee. :heh:

To me it seems like reviewers that slate the game mechanics simply had problems making / holding on to rupees, and therefore decided to label it as flawed rather than accept the fact they just weren’t very good at the game or understanding how it works.

I don't see how the bartering system makes the game harder/longer/complicated. It isn't that hard to guess how much they are after. They do have a clue most of the time. If you talk to anyone in town it tells you how much they want, then double it. The only way it could make it longer is if you don't have enough rupees to progress, which, yes, is slightly annoying and you need to go farm items to sell/cook. I find the system balances out as often after you pay out for something you can make twice as much back from it.

I've completely enjoyed the game so far. Well worth my 25000 rupees :P

Cheapest I've seen in-store is £25 btw. Though I haven't hunted around.

I don’t think it is no, it’s a necessary element in order to create the experience. And as Ike mentioned, sometimes you have a clue as to how much is needed.

There are actually many situations where there is very little risk involved in the negotiations, like hiring bodyguards for example, you pay a small amount of rupees before making an offer and then if it’s not enough you only lose the initial rupees. Also, when you’re being offered a reward (after completing certain tasks), you actually get several chances to name / adjust your price before the character you’re dealing with gets fed up and leaves you with only 1 rupee. :heh:

To me it seems like reviewers that slate the game mechanics simply had problems making / holding on to rupees, and therefore decided to label it as flawed rather than accept the fact they just weren’t very good at the game or understanding how it works.

both great posts that help to illustrate a comparative point of view to most reviews I have read!

I'm still undecided whether to get this or not on friday...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!