N-Europe

Wii Messenger?

seamus_aran

They should just chuck a unique friend code in with each console............then we don't have to bother adding codes for each seperate game and all our friends aswell for each game. Fair enough the DS has its limitations and that's why this system has been created, but for Wii which is a home console; this just wouldn't be ideal.

They should just chuck a unique friend code in with each console............then we don't have to bother adding codes for each seperate game and all our friends aswell for each game. Fair enough the DS has its limitations and that's why this system has been created, but for Wii which is a home console; this just wouldn't be ideal.

Yeer that would be good.

I think it will be more like one code per controller, since there could be more than one person using a console. They seem to be focusing on each person having their own controller and it saving your profile in its built-in memory. I think it would only make sense if they include a code/username in that memory.

I think it will be more like one code per controller, since there could be more than one person using a console. They seem to be focusing on each person having their own controller and it saving your profile in its built-in memory. I think it would only make sense if they include a code/username in that memory.

Yeah they have been saying this. I'm still quite interested in how they are going to implement the concept of it. I'd love to just get one of my parents their own controller for xmas/ bday.

I was reading the patent (yeah, I was bored) and I noticed that it also covers an instant messenger service that could be used with a game emulator that would run on a PC/Mac or PDA (this part is at the very bottom).

What would be very interesting is if Nintendo sold a Wii emulator for the PC/Mac during the first few months when consoles will be very hard to find. This would let people buy/experience games even if the Wii is sold out. Later those people could get a discount on the console if they brought in their emulator.

I imagine the emulator would require a USB key to be plugged into the PC in order to work, since the DVD drive would obviously be occupied with the game disc. They could include bluetooth in the USB key so that people could still use the same controllers when they got a console. In order to encourage people to "upgrade" to the console Nintendo could eventually phase out online support for people using the emulator, or they could just hope that people would want to play on their TV and would naturally pick up the console.

Now I realize that this is a pretty bizarre idea, but I think it would be pretty cool. I guess they would still have to have the sensor bar, too, but a USB version could be included with the software and USB key. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it would help sell more software during that initial craze, and if it were a good deal cheaper it could convince a few fence sitters.

So perhaps we won't have to enter friend codes afterall?

they confiemed firneds codes though didnt they?No i dont believe it.To be honest i dont really care anyway.Vioce chat is more likely using the microphone in the wii-mote(I HATE THAT NAME!)and yes it wil have a microphone or ill eat my keyboard and put in on youtube!

I was reading the patent (yeah, I was bored) and I noticed that it also covers an instant messenger service that could be used with a game emulator that would run on a PC/Mac or PDA (this part is at the very bottom).

What would be very interesting is if Nintendo sold a Wii emulator for the PC/Mac during the first few months when consoles will be very hard to find. This would let people buy/experience games even if the Wii is sold out. Later those people could get a discount on the console if they brought in their emulator.

I imagine the emulator would require a USB key to be plugged into the PC in order to work, since the DVD drive would obviously be occupied with the game disc. They could include bluetooth in the USB key so that people could still use the same controllers when they got a console. In order to encourage people to "upgrade" to the console Nintendo could eventually phase out online support for people using the emulator, or they could just hope that people would want to play on their TV and would naturally pick up the console.

Now I realize that this is a pretty bizarre idea, but I think it would be pretty cool. I guess they would still have to have the sensor bar, too, but a USB version could be included with the software and USB key. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it would help sell more software during that initial craze, and if it were a good deal cheaper it could convince a few fence sitters.

I think its more likely the emulator will be running on the Wii (VC)

on the FHC memory, I think it would be good if they use SD cards in the controllers, kinda like the N64 controllers.

I think its more likely the emulator will be running on the Wii (VC)

on the FHC memory, I think it would be good if they use SD cards in the controllers, kinda like the N64 controllers.

Nah, they would whore the battery, sending big files would take ages too.