N-Europe

Jennifer Aniston's new film- surprise hit at the U.S. box-office

Fierce_LiNk

Has come as a bit of a surprise though. The initial X-men 3 figures were high in the first week, then slumped in the second. So, maybe it's just that everyone who wanted to see this saw it very, very early?

But still, is this movie really that bad? I can't recall any of Aniston's movies ever doing this well.

I'd say Jennifer Aniston can act, just didn't have much to work with on Friends. The several Ross vs Rachel fights really showed some of her skills.

I'd say an actor or actress can only act well if there are certain situations. Like, a good script, supporting characters, etc. They do help a lot.

A good example of this would be 1 hour Photo. Robin Williams is renowned for his comedy films. 1 Hour Photo was something different. It was serious, gritty and dark, and as a result, it showed off his acting skills.

I'd say that Jennifer has potential, but she's never really given the chance to show it.

Hmm. Derailed. Haven't come across that yet.

May have to give it a look in. What sorta film is it platty?

Well it was quite a big movie with main stars of her and clive owen... they are both married and meet on a train one day.... can't say too much else but expect some shocking twists.

Derailed is a thriller if you want to give it a genre. I thought it was okay. The trailers weren't anything like the film. It was much more violent than I expected. Although Jen does have lovely legs (they're used in the film).