N-Europe

Iwata talks Wii controller, Wii online

Demuwan

nintendsdafoCEO_01.jpg

Iwata on Wii controller - “The current design for game controllers was determined by Nintendo, so some of our staff disagreed with changing it. Yet after some hands-on time with the prototypes, we knew we had a working formula. That is why I declared at last year’s E3 that revolutionary interfaces will bring change to future games.â€

Iwata on Virtual Console - “When creating a packaged game to be priced at 5,000 yen, developers tend to feel the need to create a rich game. Yet it is possible to create a reasonably entertaining game in 2 months with a team of three. Offering such games for 500 yen over a network could lead to a reasonable number of people purchasing it. By offering an environment that allows this, we hope to encourage more developers to pursue basic yet enjoyable gameplay.â€

Iwata on WiiConnect24 - “Let’s say your Wii is connected to the Internet in a mode that allows activation on a 24-hour basis. This would allow Nintendo to send monthly promotional demos for the DS, during the night, to the Wii consoles in each household. Users would wake up each morning, find the LED lamp on their Wii flashing, and know that Nintendo has sent them something. They would then be able to download the promotional demo from their Wii’s to their Nintendo DS’s.â€

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9556

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iwata on WiiConnect24 - “Let’s say your Wii is connected to the Internet in a mode that allows activation on a 24-hour basis. This would allow Nintendo to send monthly promotional demos for the DS, during the night, to the Wii consoles in each household. Users would wake up each morning, find the LED lamp on their Wii flashing, and know that Nintendo has sent them something. They would then be able to download the promotional demo from their Wii’s to their Nintendo DS’s.”

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9556

That's going to annoy the hell out of me at night, I'll have to find a cloth or something to cover it up. My Mac Mini's white LED dims then brightens when it's "sleeping" and my mouse bloody flashes, I have to work really hard to get my chair in exactly the right place so I can't see either....

Good news for the rest of the stuff though, DS demo's will be good.

Yeah and Wii Connect should be disabled too, or else they might kill my download limit >.<

I don't think it will effect the DL limit if they send you stuff.:awesome:

"You can not offer me this Demo."

"But I'm giving it to you!"

"Don't temp me Nintendo, through it I will want to DL it, but through my Wii it will kill my DL limit!"

"But it won't because we want you to have it."

"Oh, well then give it here!":awesome:

I don't think it will effect the DL limit if they send you stuff.:awesome:

"You can not offer me this Demo."

"But I'm giving it to you!"

"Don't temp me Nintendo, through it I will want to DL it, but through my Wii it will kill my DL limit!"

"But it won't because we want you to have it."

"Oh, well then give it here!":awesome:

You don't know what download limits are do you?

Internet connections (at least in portugal) have a download limit, while downloading stuff for Wii, you can possibly kill the limit. Of coruse that you can turn the internet off, but I doubt that you can't turn it off and most things will probably be small.

You don't know what download limits are do you?

Internet connections (at least in portugal) have a download limit, while downloading stuff for Wii, you can possibly kill the limit. Of coruse that you can turn the internet off, but I doubt that you can't turn it off and most things will probably be small.

But its WIFI its different than your average internet connection, even if you are running through your ISP.

No it isnt. Wi fi is your avegare network connection, just er.. through the air.

Yes because anyone offering Wi Fi can not charge for it, its like charging to breath. A cellphone commpany here, Verizone I think, offers broadband Wi Fi in some cities and it does it for free. A company is trying to setup a Wi Fi connection here in my county, for free, and even offering to pay for any construction, and paying a lease on all light polls they add radio devices to, in order to relay Wi Fi signals: peace:

There are some free hotspot here but that's nowhere near a IPS connection, anyway if you have an Internet connection in your house, anything that connects to it , either with wires or wireless, they all get the same bandwith, and therefore the same download limits.

There are some free hotspot here but that's nowhere near a IPS connection, anyway if you have an Internet connection in your house, anything that connects to it , either with wires or wireless, they all get the same bandwith, and therefore the same download limits.

I guess thats how it is down there?:heh:

for those whose parents pay for their internet service, here is how it works...

your isp monitors your downloads. plain and simple. anything going from internet to your computer is monitored.

depending on what sort of account you have, depends on how this will affect you. a lot of people have an account in which the speed of their connection dramatically drops if a certain amount of downloads is acheived, some will have an account in which you are charged EXTRA. and others have no limit, but usually mommy or daddy are paying a large sum for this sort of account. (or the user actually has a job).

but i can imagine it could get difficult with nintendo sending out stuff.... but id say it would be no concern unless they sent out 20+ demos per night, and even then im sure someone would complain. if you are downloading shitloads of games for the virtual console, you probably have the money not to worry.

Glad I don't have a DL limit (btw whats so hard to understand about them :?). Anyway should you have one don't worry since the wii only has 512MB of internal storage anyway. I'm pretty sure (not positive) that your DL limit is higher than that.

Yeah and Wii Connect should be disabled too, or else they might kill my download limit >.<

Take a flat-rate!!! it´s only 10€(6,50 pounds) per month in germany:bouncy:

Wha´t does it cost in other european countrys?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!