NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Cons!

I don't care about the lack of HD (HD TV is useless where I live) or the amount of RAM. The only thing I hate is the "friend code" system. Why the fuck can't we have usernames/accounts like Xbox Live?

I don't see why they (Nintendo) can't have a system like Xbox live.

Yes, I know it would need to be paid for via subscription, but if it was good, I'd be happy to pay! Happy, that is, if it was no more than £5 a month.

As for HD-TV, my dad's answer when he was considering buying one in Curry's the other day sums-up my veiw: "What's the fucking point? Who the hell cares if the picture is very slightly sharper!?"

We know nothing of the Online, and the games don't look gimmick to me. The only thing we know for sure that will be a con compared to other consoles are the graphics, wich comes a pretty big pro of less 250€+.

We were told the online would be like the DS it was confirmed

That's a bit ambiguous, they could mean it like the DS because it's free and simple, or like the DS because it uses friend codes.

We were told that the wii would use the Nintendo WFC, and people assumed that it would be like the DS service. They were just stating that Wii would get online using a wireless internet.

In an interview on IGN, they said it would use friend codes and by the same as the DS one.

The Wii 2. That is where perfection will be...

A new shell. Oh god please a new shell to make old games a lot more comfortable. maybe steal the dual shock 2? lol. More older games and see if they can't fight M-soft for Rare's older games...

That online service. That better be a lot better. I want official Nintendo forums that we can access from the go... online implemented into every game that can have multiplayer. I dunno... make the design of games so that four player and online are very similar to implement...

And if a game doesn't have multiplayer, have a place for online high-scores. Friend codes are a good idea for personal leagues but you want an overall rank as well don't you...

HDTV will be on the N6. No doubt about that. I want a nice healthy processor, a pile of L2 cache and a nice tasty Nvidia graphics card...

Pick whichever next-gen format wins and put it on there. If they are implementing CD/DVD playback features have the Wiimote as the remote - but also allow the DS to act as it as well.

Very mac-like please. Those little designs that help to make the iBook's super. Like magnetic power packs so that if you do step over it, it doesn't pull your console across the room.

I think I'm done... not really con's but improvements I woudl make.

Everyone that played with the shell said it was very comfortable and it sure looks like it. I think it's the only way to make it accessible to play every console.

P.S.: Dual Shock 2 sucks. And 3. And 1.

The SNES pad is fine. So, i'm not at all bothered with the shell. Maybe a little worried with the analogue placement, but that's all.

They said friend codes would be used, it was on here somewhere

It has no cons, it is a completely flawless and perfectly concieved console.

It has no cons, it is a completely flawless and perfectly concieved console.

I agree ...........

As for HD-TV, my dad's answer when he was considering buying one in Curry's the other day sums-up my veiw: "What's the fucking point? Who the hell cares if the picture is very slightly sharper!?"

Fish I think I love you and your dad. I was beginning to think I was the only person who thought the HD 'revolution' is completely pointless. It's not like I'm squinting at the TV currently trying to make out what the colourful shapes could be. For me the lack of HD in the Wii is excellent as I don't particularly want to have to pay more for something I don't have and am not interested in. However the whole online thing is a bit bad on Nintendo's part.

Fish I think I love you and your dad. I was beginning to think I was the only person who thought the HD 'revolution' is completely pointless. It's not like I'm squinting at the TV currently trying to make out what the colourful shapes could be. For me the lack of HD in the Wii is excellent as I don't particularly want to have to pay more for something I don't have and am not interested in. However the whole online thing is a bit bad on Nintendo's part.

I just got a HD TV from Comet! (I love it)

and can comfirm that HD is no massive deal only beacause its way too expensive.

It's not pointless, the picture quality is great. But at the current price of everything it's probably not worth it just yet.

I don't hate Wii, or Nintendo.

Just thought I could open your eyes...Nintendo just makes things look so great, then they turn out to be just O.K.

I don't hate Wii, or Nintendo.

Just thought I could open your eyes...Nintendo just makes things look so great, then they turn out to be just O.K.

Give the guy a break. He clearly doesn't hate Nintendo.

I'm just worried about the wi-fi, but I love everything else. I'd buy it even if I hated it eheh :yay:

About the name "Wii" it only sounds bad in English speaking countrys. I never thought of relationing "Wii" with piss... if that was true you, english speakers, wouldn't call "we" to the 1st person of the plural. You could call it "wu" or something.

I doubt the virtual console will be region locked.

- Possibility of virtual console games being region specific in terms of the countries they were released in. We may not be able to get games like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG here in Europe.

If Chrono Trigger isn't released here, I might just kill myself. Of course, for most of you that would probably be a good thing, but make no mistake If there is an afterlife, I will be breaking open the gates of Valhalla so that the bitter rain of a thousand aeons and those slain gloriously in battle against the all knowing, all seeing, all plagarising evil (sony) may come back to haunt Nintendo.

Ok, enough with the melodrama, I will be seriously pissed If that does happen to be the case.

Sign in to follow this