NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Cons!

- It has a name that is also a term used for urination.

- It has not got high definition support.

- It's likely most of Nintendo's franchises will be getting gimmicky to cater for the new controller.

- The online service is going to be as shit as the DS one is.

- Possibility of virtual console games being region specific in terms of the countries they were released in. We may not be able to get games like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG here in Europe.

- The shell looks uncomfortable.

Just a few cons that spring to mind.

Somehow I doubt that

- It's likely most of Nintendo's franchises will be getting gimmicky to cater for the new controller.

- Possibility of virtual console games being region specific in terms of the countries they were released in. We may not be able to get games like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG here in Europe.

lol you almost convinced me not to buy it::shrug:

I'm still getting one. I'm just more willing to accept the pros and cons of consoles than rose-tint it. Nothing is perfect.

- Games won't achieve the technical prestation of games on other generations

- The online service uses friend codes

- No online multiplayer games at launch

- Uncertain future of the console because it's so different

Lots of cons, but luckily there are some very good pros to make up for it.

!The name makes me think "piss"

!If online is the same as the ds i will want to shove the controller up iwata's arse

!No HD, even though i don't ahve an HDTV yet, i think it would be good for the console

!Nintendo still wont tell us everything

lack of online so far is my only con, not mithered much about HD... as i dont have a HD TV and will not get one for a looong time.

apart from that, its perfect :D

Don't care about lack of HD. DS-style online is OK for me, name is great...the only con i can think of is lack of online games at the start...but then, we don't know everything about online or the games...perhaps the TGS will focus on the online part of Wii...

I think you've got it pretty spot on. From what we've seen of the online service it doesn't look good at all. It just about works on a handheld but homeconsole online gaming is way more advanced that this.

Another slightly annoying thing is i wanted to play Banjo Kazooie and it doesn't look like it'll be on there now.

"Possibility of virtual console games being region specific in terms of the countries they were released in. We may not be able to get games like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG here in Europe".

This would be rather unfortunate and downright stupid if this were the case, as all the games I will want to buy on the Virtual Console are games that weren't released in PAL regions that I don't own such as Super Mario RPG: The Legend Of The Seven Stars, Earth Bound, Chrono Trigger, Sin & Punishment and Hey You Pickachu with Wiimote microphone functionality?? just to name a few unless there were updates of classic games such as Goldeneye with online play which would be awesome but will only remain a dream as the rights are split amongst a multitude of companies. It would almost be a deterrent for me from purchasing any games on the VC at all as my collection is rather extensive and I have most of the games i'd ever want for the predecessor Nintendo systems other than the few examples I mentioned above. Having these sorts of games would really boost VC sales if they had NTSC games not released in PAL regions for sale on the virtual console, I know i'd buy them, without a doubt.

I don't like you Shoe.

You keep making these threads every now and then trying to pick away at Nintendo, e.g. http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6678

It's not the fact that you don't like Nintendo, i don't care, but that you're being so sly about it, if you don't like the Wii or Nintendo be open about it, stop dissapearing for periods of time and then making another thread about the Wii's flaws.

Just fuck off because this is a civilised forum for people that want to discuss about Nintendo unbiasedly.

Agrees with the above, but these points arent stopping me from buying it.

I don't like you Shoe.

You keep making these threads every now and then trying to pick away at Nintendo, e.g. http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6678

It's not the fact that you don't like Nintendo, i don't care, but that you're being so sly about it, if you don't like the Wii or Nintendo be open about it, stop dissapearing for periods of time and then making another thread about the Wii's flaws.

Just fuck off because this is a civilised forum for people that want to discuss about Nintendo unbiasedly.

Quoted for truth

Other companies will be less likaly to port games to it, due to it's controller and it's power.

- No online multiplayer games at launch

Actually, Red Steel will have online support for at least 4, but I reckon 8 players.

Lots of cons, but luckily there are some very good pros to make up for it.

Quoted for truth.

altough this thread was started by Shoe... and was an atempt to bash the Wii, many people has given sound and true points. Wii is by no means a perfect console. If this thread becoms a fan bashing thread or somethink alike I will lock it and remove it.

Sign in to follow this