Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

EGM back up talk of NiGHTs 2 coming + more

Stocka

The latest issue of US magazine EGM has some interesting rumours within its pages. First of all it backs up the talk of a sequel to Sega's Nights coming (although does not confirm a format), then there will be an all-new look for the next Need for Speed titles, and finally it states that Virtua Cop will be ported to Nintendo Wii!

Its looking very likely NiGHTS will come out now, and there's no way it'll be on PS3/360.

The creator said he always wanted NiGHTS to be controlled on the Saturn/Dreamcast (don't own either so forgive me) with a controller that you move through the air. Bear in mind this is before Nintendo reveal anything about the Wii-mote.

I think Shenmue would be on the PS3 and 360 so it can amazing graphics.Skies and PSU on the Wii would be amazing.If it happened I would start dancing around and sing :)
I think the graphics in shenmue are not the issue, I mean... that shenmue MMORPG that is coming has graphics like the DC version with more draw distance, it's just that the main installbase for it isn't on Nintendo consoles (I think), and it's a standard game who wants to appeal so... Wii shouldn't be their first choice.

I think if Shenmue 3 did happen it would come to the 360, I mean the original Xbox got Shenmue 2 on it so it makes sense.

Yeah exactly.

I'd love Shenmue III on Wii so much though, like imagining doing the QTE scenes using the wiimote, or simple things that you do like lighting a zippo and then holding it like a torch or throwing a dice at a stall game. Shenmue is all about immersion, and so is Wii. They're the perfect match in my eyes.

I don't care what console it comes out on though to be honest as long as it happens! It's annoying i'd have to buy a PS3 just for it if it came out on it though (same goes for Skies of Arcadia II).

I don't like that much PSO and never tried skies...

Sega is suporting wii with good titles (monkey ball, sonic and this new nights) so maybe there is a little chance to see more games from them (including shenmue, when the wii user base become bigger)

More support for these rumours:

Sega Sammy is planning to release seven Wii games during this fiscal year. Fiscal year 2006 will end on March 31, 2007.

SOURCE: The Magic Box

Wouldn't get too hyped up. These could be VirtuCon games.