NEurope
Mokong

THE FINAL: ITALY vs FRANCE

is that a joke? along the lines of that drug test forfeit match email that goes around nearly every time England/ a Big english team get knocked out of a big tournament?

anyway, unless Zidane had a dictophone hidden under his shirt I doubt they'll be able to provide 100% proof of what Materazzi said.

Zidane learnt Italian while he was playing for Juventus.

Plus they got lip-readers to read what Materazzi had said.

Zidane learnt Italian while he was playing for Juventus.

yeah, but it will be one mans word against the other. Unless what was said was fairly harmless, in which case Zidane may say "he said nothing particularly bad..."

Thats the only scenario both may agree. I guess they could have lip readers confirm the likelyhood of what was said.

Apparently if Materazzi did use racial/religous abuse then Italy could lose the World Cup under the new FIFA rules...

i've heard that, but i belive that would not be the case and would be highly unfair. It'd be like sending off the french team for zidane's headbutt.

Pestneb, I saw it on Digg.com. It is in the FIFA rules though, search it up on digg and there's a link to them.

It would be very unfair though.

OK so the greatest month in football is once again come and gone and with it so is our World Cup board.

A moment of silence please to mourn its passing

Ok thanks for that,

Ok as you can see a small part of the World Cup has been saved, i have moved this thread here to general chit chat aswell as the "Sweepstakes" thread, the "England team" thread and the "World Cup Dream team" thread

I still haven't filled the grave of the World Cup board yet, so if there are any other threads you want brought back PM me, if there's enough demand it will be saved, if not the grave will be filled this weekend.

But don't worry like the Phoenix rises from its own ashes so too will the World Cup thread, but it will take 2 years and it will have metamorphed(sp?) in a Euro 2008 thread :p

oh for fucks sake! can't we just let it end!? I hate this time of year....every four years...

This is bullshit! I keep getting him flying, but then he hits a invisible wall and lands behind the net, without any bonus points or points at all.

WTF, that game is wierd.

ANyway zidane, spoke and claims materazzi said something about his mother and sister. None of this rasict BS.

he apologised for what he did but said he had no regrets.

He also said, "But I can't regret what I did because it would mean that he was right to say all that."

Fair enough to upset, but how could materazzi be right? he dosent even know his sister or mother, so how?

Of course materazzi was shitstirring, but still he let silly commets get to him, i see that as weak, there are better ways to stand up against such comments.

Well, it's because it saddens Muslims to see a world-class player like Zidane being a Muslim, and not practice. Makes them feel like they look bad.

Also, his last name is Zinedine (pronounced Zein El-Dein in Arabic), which means "the adornments of the religion".

Sorry, I still don't understand the earlier reply. It doesn't seem relevant to my earlier post.