NEurope
Mokong

THE FINAL: ITALY vs FRANCE

It's a shame that Italy winning has been overshadowed by Zidane's stupidity. No matter what that guy said Zidane should have know better not to bloody headbutt him - especially for the world cup final.

Yes, he is.

His parents are Algerian as well. I also heard he reads a few Quranic verses before every match he plays, but I don't know if he's religious or not.

His parents are Algerian as well. I also heard he reads a few Quranic verses before every match he plays, but I don't know if he's religious or not.

Whoa, i didn't know that. Had no idea at all he was a Muslim.

Learn something new everyday. :)

On the BBC, it said Zidane doesn't practice Islam. I think he's just born into a family of it.

On the BBC, it said Zidane doesn't practice Islam. I think he's just born into a family of it.

Well, that must make his parents very mad, doesn't it?

That thing spread like wildfire, didn't it?

Well, that must make his parents very mad, doesn't it?

No clue. I don't even see why that's relevant to the fact that he's just born into it and not practice it himself.

No clue. I don't even see why that's relevant to the fact that he's just born into it and not practice it himself.

Well, it's because it saddens Muslims to see a world-class player like Zidane being a Muslim, and not practice. Makes them feel like they look bad.

Also, his last name is Zinedine (pronounced Zein El-Dein in Arabic), which means "the adornments of the religion".

Also cocks

http://zidanedeathstar.ytmnd.com/

Here's what Materazzi said to Zidane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQhKg3D2_s

Right so his mother, very ill in hospital, matterazi calls her a whore in front of zidane.

and all he did was headbutt him???

I would of fucked him up big time.

Right so his mother, very ill in hospital, matterazi calls her a whore in front of zidane.

and all he did was headbutt him???

I would of fucked him up big time.

Talk about lack of self control. :p

Talk about lack of self control. :p

Well i guess some people accept horrible things being said about their mother.

Its one thing to insult a person, but to insult thier mother, its a totally different thing.

Especially when shes terminally ill in hospital.

Lack of self control.... if you loved your mum you would of done something.

edit: theres a video on youtube that was done on channel 4 explaining what was said.

But, it's the psychological battle. Alex Ferguson plays mind games on other managers every year, the fans do it, and even players on the pitch. This was just that. Materazzi used his mother as bait, and Zidane fell for it. Whether he loves his mother or not is irrelevant, he should have kept his cool. Right now, i bet Zidane is angry with himself for losing it.

But, it's the psychological battle. Alex Ferguson plays mind games on other managers every year, the fans do it, and even players on the pitch. This was just that. Materazzi used his mother as bait, and Zidane fell for it. Whether he loves his mother or not is irrelevant, he should have kept his cool. Right now, i bet Zidane is angry with himself for losing it.

I think we established ages ago that he shouldnt of done it. you dont seem to realise why he done it. Rememember footballers aint robots.

heres the clip

I think we established ages ago that he shouldnt of done it. you dont seem to realise why he done it. Rememember footballers aint robots.

Of course i realise why he did it. But the fact is, it was a trap and he fell for it. Materazzi saw his chance to wind Zidane up, and it worked a treat.

Footballers ain't robots. But, they ain't thugs either. I've always thought of Zidane as a strong minded player, and he should have remained strong minded. There's absolutely nothing wrong with walking away.

Of course i realise why he did it. But the fact is, it was a trap and he fell for it. Materazzi saw his chance to wind Zidane up, and it worked a treat.

Footballers ain't robots. But, they ain't thugs either. I've always thought of Zidane as a strong minded player, and he should have remained strong minded. There's absolutely nothing wrong with walking away.

So everyone who retaliates at someone who verbally abuses their ill mother is a thug...

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/eltonjohn231.shtml

I remember when I was young,

Me and my buds had so much fun,

Running 'round and kicking ball,

Had shaved my head bald and knocked one in on my own,

But the dumbest thing I've ever done,

Was doing a thing called the bald-headed head butt,

While my team mates were tryin' to win it all,

I got a red card for that bald-headed head butt...Well...

Head buttin' is something shockin'

When I known better than that,

I never have picked a better time,

And I guess so much for that.

Oh lawdy mama, that Sunday night,

When the fans wore their flags tight and,

The bald-headed head butt was out of line.

But the time went by and team just died,

The fans went and left us for some Italian team.

Long nights cryin' by the television,

Dreamin' of my glory and my old bald head.

But they'll never kill the thrill we got,

Burnin' up to the bald-headed head butt,

Learnin' fast as the weeks went fast,

I got a red card for that bald-headed head butt...Well...

Head buttin' is something shockin'

When I known better than that,

I never have picked a better time,

And I guess so much for that.

Oh lawdy mama, that Sunday night,

When the fans wore their flags tight and,

The bald-headed head butt was out of line.

So everyone who retaliates at someone who verbally abuses their ill mother is a thug...

I didn't call him a thug. I said footballers weren't thugs, meaning they shouldn't resort to violence.

It's a typical playground thing. Oh, so and so called me this, so and so called my family that. It doesn't matter WHAT the player said, the intention always was to wind up him.

It was a moment of passion a bad thing sure but I don't think we can judge him to badly. His mum is in hospital and someone calls her a whore. I would have been really upset myself. Add all the magnitude of the occasion and exertion of the match etc. Im not saying it was right im just saying I can understand why he did it and wouldnt judge him over it.

He's probably beating himself up about it, at the moment anyway.

I didn't think the match itself was that great. Apart from maybe the first half.

ha edmundo, that guy was a tool.

How can anyone possibly defend zidane's actions? Regardless of what was said on the pitch zidane was stupid enough to let a bunch of words get to his head, standing up to someone is NOT giving a ramming headbut.

Apparently if Materazzi did use racial/religous abuse then Italy could lose the World Cup under the new FIFA rules...

Apparently if Materazzi did use racial/religous abuse then Italy could lose the World Cup under the new FIFA rules...

is that a joke? along the lines of that drug test forfeit match email that goes around nearly every time England/ a Big english team get knocked out of a big tournament?

anyway, unless Zidane had a dictophone hidden under his shirt I doubt they'll be able to provide 100% proof of what Materazzi said.