NEurope
Mokong

THE FINAL: ITALY vs FRANCE

Italy won!!!! OMG, soooo happy for them!!!!!

This world cup is up there with the likes of 90, 94 and 98. Good goals, group stages were great but the knockout were a bit disappointing apart from some exceptions.

well done ITALY!!! finally managed to finish the tournament with something to prove their dominanace in football for all past 20 years.

Yes, right after being headbutted in the chest.

No, really. Just look at his face. It resembles both pain and laughted. Think of the XD face.

Should we have a "World Cup Finals Photoshops/Funnies" thread?

1ad69da8e1f69815f596dfa2e5f2df61.gif

125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e584b.gif

WELL DONE COLIN, YOU FUCKING OWE ME

At the beginning I didn't believe they could win it at all and neither France for that matter........funny how things turn out. And yeh, I owe ya! :heh: You can have my team in Euro 08 then I suppose! :wink:

Someone crown me then for being the sweepstakes winner! :awesome:

IMO though, France played alot better, and deserved to win. And well done again for Italy beating their history of bad luck with penalties...............now we just need England to do the same.

I'm not going to say alot about Zidane.........but just purely dissapointment in him. Let his whole team down when it mattered.

The first half was a good game but the secong half was pretty poor. When it went to ET... Whats the point Zidane? Its your last game and you might win it, but getting yourself sent off isnt helping you, your team or helping david trezeguet take a penalty on target.

I was surprised as well, a legend like Zidane. There'll be no other player like him.

YEAH, IT'S OURS!!!

nothing compares to the feeling of seeing your team win the world cup, the best moment was when cannavaro held up the trophy, i say without a doubt the tournaments best player, it's something to trreasure for life.

that was damn stressful watching that match, but the feeling of winning is like nothign else.

As for the game, it started off rather evenly but later france started to play better from the 2nd half onwards. No way was that a penalty, but anyway we managed to get a goal back and that proved enough, although i did wish it ended in the 90 mins. It must be said both teams made many errors in play and passing.

Zidane... what a way to end your career, no matter what materazzi may have

said that was simply unforgivable for a player of his esteem.

But in all we actually a won PK's in the world cup, whats more amazing is we scored all of em. it was fitting that trezeguet was the man to miss his PK.

Well thats over,the critics can say nothing, the joy is ours!

YEAH, IT'S OURS!!!

nothing compares to the feeling of seeing your team win the world cup, the best moment was when cannavaro held up the trophy, i say without a doubt the tournaments best player, it's something to trreasure for life.

that was damn stressful watching that match, but the feeling of winning is like nothign else.

As for the game, it started off rather evenly but later france started to play better from the 2nd half onwards. No way was that a penalty, but anyway we managed to get a goal back and that proved enough, although i did wish it ended in the 90 mins. It must be said both teams made many errors in play and passing.

Zidane... what a way to end your career, no matter what materazzi may have

said that was simply unforgivable for a player of his esteem.

But in all we actually a won PK's in the world cup, whats more amazing is we scored all of em. it was fitting that trezeguet was the man to miss his PK.

Well thats over,the critics can say nothing, the joy is ours!

Alright, don't bloody rub it in! Nothing compares to seeing your team win the World Cup, maybe, but nothing also compares to seeing your team crash out when you were so sure they were gonna win it this time after 40 years, but it turns out the team weren't good enough.

Man, Zidane did the worse. I just couldn't believe he did it. He'll only be remembered ramming Materazzi for the rest of his life now...

Alright, don't bloody rub it in! Nothing compares to seeing your team win the World Cup, maybe, but nothing also compares to seeing your team crash out when you were so sure they were gonna win it this time after 40 years, but it turns out the team weren't good enough.

relax, i'm not rubbing in it im expressing my joy.

Besides i know the feeling of losing at the last hurdle

But how can you be so sure your team would win? That's the problem, you can never say you will win until you have, otherwise you have another maracanazo.

relax, i'm not rubbing in it im expressing my joy.

Besides i know the feeling of losing at the last hurdle

But how can you be so sure your team would win? That's the problem, you can never say you will win until you have, otherwise you have another maracanazo.

Picture it, the England team left for Germany with players who had been fantastic over the course of the domestic season (Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Neville etc.) and critics and professionals had labeled the team as "The best England squad since 1966". Mars had even been temporarily renamed Believe to instil hype into fans. Plus bookies were rating them as favourites.

You couldn't help but feel a little optimistic.

Picture it, the England team left for Germany with players who had been fantastic over the course of the domestic season (Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Neville etc.) and critics and professionals had labeled the team as "The best England squad since 1966". Mars had even been temporarily renamed Believe to instil hype into fans. Plus bookies were rating them as favourites.

You couldn't help but feel a little optimistic.

How is this different than anything other World Cup or European Championship?

france_italy_48.gif

313b3d175346efa61853291dfc0d80bf.gif

b7e0f71df5a6c38a64a21dbd6905604a.gif

43bcd4559423b6b704ce4a333b48457a.gif

1zg9mc8.gif

1zg9fo0.gif

90a6783febe46ae0b3821a1b144a2a4a.gif

http://zidanesuicide.ytmnd.com/

Zidane's MySpace Suicide.

I think Materazzi called him a homosexual.

Here's why, moment before the headbutt they were involved in a head duel, because the ball came from top. Materazzi pulled Zidane and jumped so he could hit the ball, while doing this Materazzi grabbed Zidane's nipple.

So here's what went on:

Zidane: Keep your hands to yourself.

Materazzi: I'm not the one who's gay here.

Zidane: Are you implying i'm gay?

Materazzi: Well seems so.

Calling a muslim gay is pretty offensive to them, so like in the arab stylle he did, Zidane proudly stood up for his religion and gave him a headbutt.

Provocation is a very nice weapon indeed.

This world cup is up there with the likes of 90, 94 and 98.

You are shitting me right? World Cup '94 a classic? You are having a laugh. The only good thing about World Cup '94 was Diana Ross missing a penalty in the opening ceremony and the goal exploding as if she scored.

The World Cup '94 itself was poor, very much like this one. This year no one player stood out, no one team performed amazingly. It was a dull affair, that produced only glimpses of greatness. A way of proving this is ask yourself is there any player you can't wait to see play for their club or get signed by your club. I can't think of anyone.

I wouldn't say this World Cup was a poor one. It was only poor for teams like England and Brazil, who failed to perform. For Italy and Germany, they had a fantastic world cup.

The big players for certain teams failed to live up to the hype, imo. Players like Frank Lampard, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Totti all had poor world cups.

here's a silly little game about the zindane incedent:

http://www.gazzetta.it/openxlink.shtml?http://widelec.org/zidane.html

On retrospect its not the first time hes done something like this, and i also remeber a 4 match suspension in the champions league while at juve.

Anyway, its been an enjoyable world cup, its better when the focus is on the games and not other bullshit surroding them.

And i'll give you 2 names to help you ramar, Grosso and Ribery.

The final was poor IMO.

I think the whole tournament was a little lacklustre (sp?). There wasn't a truly great team and no individual players really shone.

Bring on the Premiership!!!