NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Lammie

Muse - Super Massive Black Hole

Oh god. I just downloaded the new Muse song.

I want to like it but it just doesn't do it for me. It sounds way overcooked as if they let some Britney Spears producer add all these distortions to it.

This can't be happening........this is Muse for christ's sake, they can't ever be bad! EVER!

I agree. I'm a Muse fan but this song is a real step down for them. I hope the next songs will be better or I won't buy their new album.

oh no! this sucks really! hope the new album won't be of this style. they said it's gonna be happier than the others. but that wouldn't be muse, would it?

I hated it at first but now I'm treating it as a song on its own instead of a 'muse song' I'm really loving it. Give it some time guys, it's definitely a huge grower.

Yeah, i like that muse is trying something new, even if isn't muse.

I own all their albums, and i have to say i really like this song. Its something new, it took a few listens but i really like it. I don't think the new album will be all in the same vein though.

I like it up until the point he opens his mouth. I just get a head ache there on in.

I didn't like it at first, but it is a grower and now I really like it

true it's not the same as their older stuff, but if they didn't try out new stuff wouldn't it just get boring?

I really like it, its fun and upbeat. Listened to it quite a bit.

i'm a bit indifferent towards it. I'll have to listen to some other songs to decide whether to buy the album or not

The song is growing on me aswell, I have heard some of the other stuff on their album from live recordings.... they are more... musey. I can't wait for the album, when's it due out again?

It's amusing that so many of you are lamenting a change in direction despite the fact that Muse have always changed direction between albums. It's what keeps them interesting. I like this new track.

I can't wait for the album, when's it due out again?

Its out 3rd July.

Have you heard Knights of Cydonia? I only have a live recording but I absolutely love it. I'm one of the bigger Muse fans on this board as well [saw them live on December 21st 2004 at Earls Court, Final Absolution tour date] and I have to say that Supermassive Black Hole has really grown on me.

I'll get you a yousendit set up for Knights of Cydonia [Live] if you guys want it. It's truly immense, 6 minutes, mostly instrumental and Dom wailing like usual.

Super Massive Black Hole is pretty funky in my opinion. My girlfriend, who is a very big muse fan, also likes it a lot. I wouldn't try comparing it to any of their other stuff, as that's not really what Muse is about. Their stuff is pretty incomparable with each other. Each album has a different sound to the next/last. Fresh.

now that i listened sometimes to it, it sounds more like jamiroquai! i like jamiroquai ;)

yeah but i wanna know how they play it live? is guitar, bass and drums enough for that massive sound they're creating?

okay, it's the bass effect that's making the song so massive :o

ah yeah, i care :D

At first I thought "huh?", though I did think it was cool, but not that great. Now I think it's brilliant and really can't wait till the release of 'Black Holes and Revelations"! That song's been on my mp3 player since 8th May and I can't stop listening to it! I love the video too, it's so abstract and wierd. Proper Muse style.

I'm a huge Muse fan and deffo think that this is a step in the right direction for them. Although Matt Bellamy did say that this song is a one off on the album, they say it's more diverse blend of tracks. I really can't wait, this has to be my most anticipated album of this year!

Have you heard Knights of Cydonia? I only have a live recording but I absolutely love it.

I also have that live track, it sounds immense! It's just too bad about the sound quality of the recording, though from what I can hear it sounds like it's gonna be amazing. Starlight sounds quite brilliant too.

For some reason all these tracks remind me of 'Origin of Symmetry', which for me isn't a bad thing - it's my favouraite Muse album. ^^

now that i listened sometimes to it, it sounds more like jamiroquai! i like jamiroquai ;)

yeah but i wanna know how they play it live? is guitar, bass and drums enough for that massive sound they're creating?

okay, it's the bass effect that's making the song so massive :o

ah yeah, i care :D

Yeah it is :shock:

Seen em twice and It's been mind blowing each time. those guys are seriously amazing musicians.

oh yeah, and matts guitar is super wierd which helps with the sound. it has built in effects boxes and all sorts. plus it shoots lasers.

:bowdown:

Heard it in the shower, nothing amazing.

Now I think of it- I haven't really been blown away since Origin of Symetry.

By the way steer clear of Hullabuloo or whatever it is, it's just a bunch of B-sides and live shit, really nothing amazing, I probably will get it.. but wont love it.

I've just heard Knights of Cydonia, it was aired on radio in the USA last night. I think it's bloody amazing! Trouble is, I don't know if I'm allowed to link it here. :/

And sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just thought I'd let you lot know...

Sign in to follow this